Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 03:56 PM

23,380 posts, read 18,981,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
I never thought about that with the seeds. Come to think of it rice is a lot like a seed but I kept thinking the rice would expand from inside of them and kill them.
A grain of rice IS a seed! "White" rice from the grocery store is the seed of Oryza sativa just with the husk, bran, and germ removed. There is something like 50 different types of edible rice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:26 PM

2,701 posts, read 1,206,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
A grain of rice IS a seed! "White" rice from the grocery store is the seed of Oryza sativa just with the husk, bran, and germ removed. There is something like 50 different types of edible rice.
I never ever heard of this until you informed me Parnassia, thank you. I believed that old wives tale for a long time until now. I don't feed them because I don't want them to get to use to relying on my helping them. Unless if it's birds here in the winter then I would help out with a couple feet of snow but only once in a while.

They have not been here by me or my neighbor for two days so far. I wonder what is going on It's not raining all day or anything like that but yesterday it was cloudy not much sun they tend to be quiet then. I figured they are resting thinking it's not yet daylight without the sun. I bet they come back tomorrow. I am hoping they don't when I have to have work done there. Fingers crossed and be quick LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds