Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 08:04 AM

17 posts, read 49,111 times

Advertisements

I want to thank all of you who have responded in this discussion. I will look into the HOA further to see who is actually registered and talk to a few of the residence. I think since it was tried in the past to start a different HOA and get out of the current one, but failed and there really doesn't seem to be any interest in getting out by many residence (whole sections need to agree) I'll probably drop the whole thing. I am stuck paying it, I signed off on the CC&R's thereby agreeing to it and that is that! Unfortunate, I really feel like I have been taken by a big scam, legal scam at that, but a scam.

Later days to all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,530 times
We are owners of a couple lots in Romaine Village and would definitely be interested in starting a different HOA. Best if we could get permits for frame built houses.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:30 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,674,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWTT View Post
The portion below is from a legal document that I found on file. It looks as though this is stating that section 23 which has to do with the monthly fee that is paid for supposed upkeep of club house and CC&R's is to be elliminated 25 years after April of 1976 which would be 2001. Am I reading this correct. People who live on the land owner side pay this and many are wanting out of it. Am I reading this right? The other part that I am upset about is that now that the area is in the city, any complaints must be made to the city and in reality the CC&R's are not being enforced.
The city was not party to any private covenants, and has no interest in enforcing them. They have enough to deal with just with zoning, streets and building permits.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaineLandOwner View Post
We are owners of a couple lots in Romaine Village and would definitely be interested in starting a different HOA. Best if we could get permits for frame built houses.
Unfortunately, (I know there are others interested), but this has been attempted 3 times (meetings to get it started) since I moved here almost 10 years ago. The problem is financial, no one really wants to get financially involved, no one really has the finances to take this on, and no one seems to REALLY want take the time to pursue this matter. I have spoken to those who were involved way back when and I don't think they care anymore. They are too old for it to matter and they got burned.

Personally, I think something is coming down the pike for this area and it might be a mute point. Not really sure. I kniow a real estate appraiser who did an appraisal in this area and whomever he talked to eluded to changes coming. That is all I was told.

Please don't take this personally, but the other side of this coin are those of you who own lots and using the homes for rentals. While I think stick built homes rock, and I would much rather live in one, my fear is that if they are approved in this area we will see large lots split and duplexes and maybe even two story 4plexes built. I really don't want someone looking in my yard from a second story bedroom etc. I would fight tooth and nail that only single dwelling homes be zoned in this area if frame built homes were allowed.

This is the aspect of RV that I love, large lot and beautiful landscape (trees, etc.) that make the area just too cool!

Old 01-29-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cully View Post
IWITT, you seem to have revived the topic of HOAs. And you are in Oregon too. I wonder how the original poster did.

I know in Oregon the Sect. of State administers corporations. It could be helpful to determine if your HOA is registered and paid up as a corporation. Your HOA should be a corporation in order to do business...to establish documents, make covenants and restriction, collect fees, fine, order up yard work, common amenity work, pay HOA common bills for such things, keep bank accounts, save up for future large expenses etc.....unless it is actually just a neighborhood group.

Some states have the list of legally incorporated HOAs clearly ready online. I think yours does:

Oregon Secretary of State: Research a Business

Finding this out is a start to determining what other expectations there are. A corporation may have to have meetings at least once a year according to state corporate laws...but maybe not just a group of neighbors who live near each other.

Not sure when this was posted, but I haven't followed up on this since my last post. Seems worthless at this time. Can't do anything about it, no one seems to care, and I don't have the finances to even start this.

Old 03-11-2016, 06:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,248 times
Do we have a board here in Romaine Village, I have beetle kill on several Ponderosa, and was have them removed because of the danger, I got a call from the office, she screamed at me and said I had to rights to remove them, to read my CCRS, I said they are dead and hanging over my home, it doesn't matter she said, you needed to get permission from the office, I said OK I am so sorry, I didn't know, then to find the CCR's and no where does it state anything. I have a piece of paper with a few rules that have never been inforced.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:41 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,925,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo1979 View Post
Do we have a board here in Romaine Village, I have beetle kill on several Ponderosa, and was have them removed because of the danger, I got a call from the office, she screamed at me and said I had to rights to remove them, to read my CCRS, I said they are dead and hanging over my home, it doesn't matter she said, you needed to get permission from the office, I said OK I am so sorry, I didn't know, then to find the CCR's and no where does it state anything. I have a piece of paper with a few rules that have never been inforced.

If you have the complete CC&R's and it does not address the issue, Then you are free to do what you want. Make sure you have all the governing documents. Sometimes people are mistaken as to what needs permission and what does not and boards or Board Members tend to make up their own rules. If that is the case just ask the person you are dealing with to give you the applicable Regulation number.

Having said that, there are often different acts that require approval by ACC or others. Whether or not other rules have been enforced or not has no bearing.

Old 04-06-2016, 02:35 PM

Actually, my copy of the CCR does have mention that there needs to be permission to remove trees. What I have found is that there are several different versions of the CC&R's that are basically ones that were written and then the following year or two another version was written, as new rules were added. You might see what date is on your CC&R's and make sure you have a current copy.

But honestly, what are they gonna to do? They don't enforce them anyway. When you call, they tell you to call the city because we are in city limits. It's a big scam. They take the funds, supposedly take care of a pool and club house with it, and from what I understand it helps pay the water bill and who knows what else for the folks in the land lease section. The rest goes to the doctor(s) who are the investors/owners of said section as well.
They have been asked in the past by other residence for an accounting of the funds that goes to the association and have never received them. Frankly, I believe they are suppose to when requested but they haven't.
Anyway, since no one has the fumds to deal with them legally and there doesn't seem to be any interest but by a few of us, we bite the bullit, suck it up and pay.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:47 AM

Check this out KellyJo:
Read section 11... BUT, it doesn't say you need permission....

http://premiertools.firstam.com/ccrs...ge/232-184.pdf

Last edited by IWTT; 04-10-2016 at 12:01 PM..

Old 08-05-2019, 04:47 PM

2 posts, read 2,191 times
Hi, we have recently moved to Romaine Village and have been trying to find information regarding what is regulated on our property. Neighbors all have different accounts of what is "allowed" and I have yet to find anything set in stone for guidelines. I have seen the old HOA rules, which is not in force any longer. I heard we have a CC&R but its old and outdated. has anyone tried to build a stick built home?
I was told we couldn't have a two story garage, and my neighbor does. So obviously they aren't regulating it.
Paying the $22.50 per month for maintenance of a pool we do not use is ridiculous and we would like to find a way to opt out. we know a lot of people in this neighborhood who would also like to opt out. As well as to be able to add more value to their property by having a stick built home. I also agree that we don't want triplexes and towering homes in this neighborhood. But most of these manufactured homes are looking like they don't have much life left in them and if we are forced to put another manufactured home that does not maintain value, we take a huge hit.
we plan to live here for a long time, i'm afraid we will outlive our home.

I recently contacted the Title company and they seem just as confused as I am about what the restrictions are. The paperwork they have is from the 70's, hard to read, and hardly any of it is still enforced.

we need clarification!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
View detailed profiles of: