Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 02:03 AM

1,085 posts, read 441,687 times

Advertisements

He is projected to be a late first round or early 2nd round pick in 2024, after high school he can go to college, g league, or overseas.

It will be bad for bronny if he is not ready for the nba, and the nba wants to see him and lebron play together for many minutes together, only to get embarrassed. There is pressure for bronny to at least hang and belong in the nba, at least with the rotation players of other teams.

If he goes to college, he will practice against players thats not nba size or strength for their position, play against teams with players thats not nba size or strength for their position. Chance of ncaa players making to nba is like 1%. And he has to spend time going to school so he learns less about basketball, practice.

If he goes to the g league, he can join ignite, and practice with much better bigger players that has a much bigger chance of the nba, and play against grown men who are slightly smaller than the average size for their positions in the nba. But thats in las vegas.

If he can join the los angeles g league team, he can be around his dad and brother, both of them will be in la. but he dont get to practice with the ignite team since he will not be on it, so that will stunt his growth. He needs to get ready for the nba as fast as possible.

As far as i see it, being in the g league ignite is his best option. Overseas talent is not on the same level as the g league, and he does not need to make money to support his family like other guys. You have to play against the closest competition to the nba to get ready, most g league guys can go to china and get hall of fame numbers, but that does nothing to improve their game for the nba. It looks like at his age, he will most likely not grow any taller, so he is stuck as being a pg, he has the height to be a backup sg, but he has to be hyper athletic and a insanely good all around game to do that. Either way he has to practice alot to make it to the nba and somewhat stay there for at least 6 years to not be considered a letdown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2022, 05:50 AM

3,937 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
He is projected to be a late first round or early 2nd round pick in 2024, after high school he can go to college, g league, or overseas.

It will be bad for bronny if he is not ready for the nba, and the nba wants to see him and lebron play together for many minutes together, only to get embarrassed. There is pressure for bronny to at least hang and belong in the nba, at least with the rotation players of other teams.

If he goes to college, he will practice against players thats not nba size or strength for their position, play against teams with players thats not nba size or strength for their position. Chance of ncaa players making to nba is like 1%. And he has to spend time going to school so he learns less about basketball, practice.

If he goes to the g league, he can join ignite, and practice with much better bigger players that has a much bigger chance of the nba, and play against grown men who are slightly smaller than the average size for their positions in the nba. But thats in las vegas.

If he can join the los angeles g league team, he can be around his dad and brother, both of them will be in la. but he dont get to practice with the ignite team since he will not be on it, so that will stunt his growth. He needs to get ready for the nba as fast as possible.

As far as i see it, being in the g league ignite is his best option. Overseas talent is not on the same level as the g league, and he does not need to make money to support his family like other guys. You have to play against the closest competition to the nba to get ready, most g league guys can go to china and get hall of fame numbers, but that does nothing to improve their game for the nba. It looks like at his age, he will most likely not grow any taller, so he is stuck as being a pg, he has the height to be a backup sg, but he has to be hyper athletic and a insanely good all around game to do that. Either way he has to practice alot to make it to the nba and somewhat stay there for at least 6 years to not be considered a letdown.
Don't totally agree with the bolded statement. Many 5 and 4 star prospects are opting to go to college lately. Bronny is rated 4 star last I looked. NIL has changed the game immensely for college sports and some have taken advantage of this aspect. Well, he already has a deal with Nike but he could snag more deals. So, in all likely hood, he would be playing against top talent in college in most games. Especially if he goes to a school in the Power 5. Last I heard, it was Ohio State, USC that had the inside track if he decides the college route. I don't think G-League Ignite is an option for him. Sure, he would be learning how to be a pro but also exposed to pros going at him hard to prove a point. IMHO, he isn't a top prospect like a Scoot Henderson or even on the level of a Scottie Pippen, Jr. My guess, and it is only a guess, is that he does a year or 2 of college. That dream of playing with his father in NBA may be just that.

Old 11-30-2022, 06:34 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz6l8vVwBl0

Old 11-30-2022, 06:44 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV-hXK6zdI8

Old 11-30-2022, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Don't totally agree with the bolded statement. Many 5 and 4 star prospects are opting to go to college lately. Bronny is rated 4 star last I looked. NIL has changed the game immensely for college sports and some have taken advantage of this aspect. Well, he already has a deal with Nike but he could snag more deals. So, in all likely hood, he would be playing against top talent in college in most games. Especially if he goes to a school in the Power 5. Last I heard, it was Ohio State, USC that had the inside track if he decides the college route. I don't think G-League Ignite is an option for him. Sure, he would be learning how to be a pro but also exposed to pros going at him hard to prove a point. IMHO, he isn't a top prospect like a Scoot Henderson or even on the level of a Scottie Pippen, Jr. My guess, and it is only a guess, is that he does a year or 2 of college. That dream of playing with his father in NBA may be just that.

Yes, but the big thing is in college you have to go to class and study, while in the g league you have much more time to study basketball film, learn and study about basketball. There is a certain amount of hours a player can practice and hit the gym before its bad for their body, and the rest of the time can be spent watching film. With lebrons wealth im sure he can hire a full time head coach for bronny and show him film of games and techniques to make him more ready for the nba.

I really think lebron can play until year 23, by then bryce can be in the nba if they change the rules and allow high schoolers to go directly to the nba. If not then its year 24. Look at lebrons stats, hes averaging 45% fg%, and 25ppg. Its only going to get lower as time goes by and more nagging injuries will come. His whole career for the most part is over 50% fg, the only time its lower than this year is his rookie year at 41%. These numbers dont lie.

Old 11-30-2022, 07:20 PM

30,141 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Lebron's numbers are down but 25ppg is not bad. How many players ever average 25 a game? He had 39 the other night with 7-12 threes. I could see him easily playing a couple more years. Even in year 24 if its off the bench. But Bronny has to make a roster somewhere not be stuck in G league for a couple years or worse. More likely Lebron will be on an NBA roster in 2024 than his son.

There are lots of guys who were more highly touted than Bronny who never really made an NBA roster.

Old 12-01-2022, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Lebron's numbers are down but 25ppg is not bad. How many players ever average 25 a game? He had 39 the other night with 7-12 threes. I could see him easily playing a couple more years. Even in year 24 if its off the bench. But Bronny has to make a roster somewhere not be stuck in G league for a couple years or worse. More likely Lebron will be on an NBA roster in 2024 than his son.

There are lots of guys who were more highly touted than Bronny who never really made an NBA roster.
Yeah. Its not good if bronny is not ready and he gets embarrassed every game and be on shaqtin a fool. Practice and learning the game is crucial. I watched jeremy lins interview, his parents wanted him to study first, and he played basketball only after finishing his homework, and he made it to Harvard but didnt get a full scholarship since its ivy league. He didnt get any full ride d1 scholarships, so his mom took out her 401k and his grandma or something like that lend her life savings for him to be in Harvard. Had he not made it to the nba, it will cost his family alot of money.

Had lin just barely studied and did the minnimum to pass each class, but focused on basketball the whole time, im sure he would have gotten a d1 scholarship and probably left college earlier, and be a even better player in the nba. Thats what im saying about bronny, he doesnt need money, but he has pressure to make it to the nba and play with his dad. All he has to do is get good enough to hang with the other teams rotation players when the starters take a rest. If he gets like 35% fg%, he can just not shoot, and at the very least defend the other teams players without getting his ankles broken or dunked on, and not get scored on too much . College will do him no good.

Last edited by accord2008; 12-01-2022 at 01:34 AM..

Old 12-01-2022, 08:10 AM

30,141 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Yeah. Its not good if bronny is not ready and he gets embarrassed every game and be on shaqtin a fool. Practice and learning the game is crucial. I watched jeremy lins interview, his parents wanted him to study first, and he played basketball only after finishing his homework, and he made it to Harvard but didnt get a full scholarship since its ivy league. He didnt get any full ride d1 scholarships, so his mom took out her 401k and his grandma or something like that lend her life savings for him to be in Harvard. Had he not made it to the nba, it will cost his family alot of money.

Had lin just barely studied and did the minnimum to pass each class, but focused on basketball the whole time, im sure he would have gotten a d1 scholarship and probably left college earlier, and be a even better player in the nba. Thats what im saying about bronny, he doesnt need money, but he has pressure to make it to the nba and play with his dad. All he has to do is get good enough to hang with the other teams rotation players when the starters take a rest. If he gets like 35% fg%, he can just not shoot, and at the very least defend the other teams players without getting his ankles broken or dunked on, and not get scored on too much . College will do him no good.

Not a big list of players with superstar HOF fathers who make it in the NBA. Rick Barry's kids might be an exception. And Gary Payton. Payton took a while to actually have a spot in the NBA. If Bronny takes that long Lebron will be out of the league.

Old 12-02-2022, 05:43 AM

Quote:

Again, I disagree with the bolded part. Bronny needs more seasoning with competition to up his game. Throwing him to the wolves won't get him playing better. I mentioned Ohio State and USC had the inside track but Kentucky, Memphis, Michigan and Oregon have offered him a scholarship. Who knows where he's leaning. Lebron has kept a tight lid on what he's going to do. He's going to barely go to class anyway. He is only going to be balling, for the most part. Might as well play against the one and done's and get his rep up. Make some NIL money. This just made me think. Maybe he can do another big "decision" tv special like Lebron did when he took his "talents" to Miami.

Old 12-02-2022, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Again, I disagree with the bolded part. Bronny needs more seasoning with competition to up his game. Throwing him to the wolves won't get him playing better. I mentioned Ohio State and USC had the inside track but Kentucky, Memphis, Michigan and Oregon have offered him a scholarship. Who knows where he's leaning. Lebron has kept a tight lid on what he's going to do. He's going to barely go to class anyway. He is only going to be balling, for the most part. Might as well play against the one and done's and get his rep up. Make some NIL money. This just made me think. Maybe he can do another big "decision" tv special like Lebron did when he took his "talents" to Miami.
Yeah but its usually much better for people to play against much better competition, thats how they improve. Your not going to improve as fast playing against people thats a bit better than you. Its like if i play at the y and im average, if i keep playing there and the best players are former hs varsity players, i might get to 50% of what they are. But if i scrimmage with d1 players for a year, i will get still get killed by them, but when i go back to the y i might be at the same level as the former hs players.

If the g league is a throwing bronny into the wolves, then the nba is like throwing him into hungry bears. The whole basketball world and lebron wants to see a father and son duo in the nba play together, before lebron cant play anymore. Bronny at sierra canyon, he is averaging very few points, but he is scrimmaging against top talent and playing against top talent. He could have went to a small town and average 30 points a game and 10 rebounds, but that will not make him any better as a player.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball