Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 06:13 PM

1 posts, read 991 times

Advertisements

A group of us went to this place in 1978 before it burned down...we went at night and were told stories of crazy people living in the woods...I will tell you we heard voices as we walked the long drive...we felt something following us...once on the porch several of our friends went inside...moments later screams could be heard as one of the teens saw what appeared to be a half body hanging from the stair case...it scared us so bad that we ran for what seemed like an hour down that drive..all along the way you could hear someone or something in the woods chasing us...was the scariest place I ever seen! We went back in day light after it burned down...building in back had old torture devices ...chains on old beds...just felt dread and sadness...glad I didn't imagine this place thought I did until I found this sight! Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 806 times
I know alot about Tidewater. My Grandmother knew the family that once lived there. The lady that lived there always hung her clothes on a line, when she would come back to get them some would be ripped apart. The family started seeing black ghostly figures, so they moved. Tidewater then became an insane asylum. After that it became a home for alcoholism. Lastly it was a home for pregnant teens. I remember my mother and I going up there and donating a kitchen table and chairs. I'm not sure why it was shutdown, but I heard it was becuase the authorities found out what they were doing with the babies. They would throw the babies in a well after the teens would have them. The well is still there today. If you go to it you can still hear the cries of the babies. A couple of friends and I would cut school and go up there. About 12 of us went to tidewater, while it was still up, and inside of this one room, with no windows, a single rocking chair was in the middle of the floor. It would rock slowly, but no one was in it. Tidewater got struck down on Halloween night and burned to the ground.

Old 02-07-2024, 02:23 PM
ewj

1 posts, read 167 times
Default Tidewater Hospital

I cannot remember much as I was very young at the time. Maybe 6,7,or 8 years old, but my paternal Grandfather spent quite a bit of time there due to severe alcoholism. I remember my family would take him there off and on in the early 60's perhaps on to the early 70's. Not completely sure on the dates of the years due to my age. I remember the one thing my Grandfather hated the most was a drug they used there to sober an alcoholic up called Paralohide, (sp?), now called Disulfiram. He complained of it making him extremely nauseous and could not keep anything down for days at a time. But, upon his release he was fully sober and did not drink again for a long time.

As for the hospital, I never heard anything bad about it in those days and never saw the place again after the death of my Grandfather in Marh of 1973. However, like most people in the CSRA I did hear about it burning in the 70's. But as for the OP's claims of ghost stories and satanic rituals taking place there, this is all a first for me, and would imagine it was all a wild story someone made up to frighten children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area