Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 10:19 AM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times

Advertisements

Pretty much anywhere in Gwinnett. Littered with potholes in most of the cities in that county. And the layout of the roads are just downright silly. You have to make a U-turn everywhere you go. I'm not even kidding. Oh, and it's a way overcrowded suburb.

I'd say the best is N Fulton/South Forsyth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2024, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Well the road infrastructure of a state to a metropolitan area isn't exactly apples-to-apples, but NJ is more comparable given its more compact size and overall it absolutely has better road infrastructure. Winters are more of an issue in Northern states obviously which has an effect on quality but the road network is unquestionably more extensive and GA simply has no answer for the NJ Turnpike.
I have to agree with this. I am not saying this because I am originally from NJ, but NJ is vastly underrated when it comes to infrastructure. The road maintenance and general layout is amazing and it makes sense.

Old 03-12-2024, 11:46 AM

8,485 posts, read 14,987,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
Pretty much anywhere in Gwinnett. Littered with potholes in most of the cities in that county. And the layout of the roads are just downright silly. You have to make a U-turn everywhere you go. I'm not even kidding. Oh, and it's a way overcrowded suburb.

I'd say the best is N Fulton/South Forsyth.
Don't get me started on the stop signs at stroad intersections, like the ones peppered all over Norcross and Duluth. Paired with their lack of street lighting it's a nightmare taking surface streets in Gwinnett after dark if you need to turn on to a busier road.

Old 03-12-2024, 01:18 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,353,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
The way that he worded his statement isn't representative of the north vs. south. Although MN is north of GA, most of us would call it a midwestern state. Also, southern states infrastructure outranks most of the northern states and while MN currently ranks #1 as the state with the best infrastructure, GA isn't too bad at #15. I'd also like to highlight that no state in the NE ranks higher than GA.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...infrastructure

Moreover, GA ranks #1 in business infrastructure and construction. Hopefully, the current infrastructure bill will cause improvement across the country.

https://www.augustachronicle.com/sto...e/70433070007/

https://www.abc.org/News-Media/News-...r-construction
I noticed a lot of those high ranking states have small populations and because of where they are get below average intrastate traffic, i.e. roads less subject to wear and tear.

Old 03-12-2024, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Don't get me started on the stop signs at stroad intersections, like the ones peppered all over Norcross and Duluth. Paired with their lack of street lighting it's a nightmare taking surface streets in Gwinnett after dark if you need to turn on to a busier road.
Yes! I forgot about that.

And the lighting is horrible. It goes from super bright lights to super dark in a matter of a minute once you get past all of the strip malls. My eyes would constantly have to adjust quickly.

Old 03-13-2024, 09:21 AM

3,715 posts, read 3,694,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
I noticed a lot of those high ranking states have small populations and because of where they are get below average intrastate traffic, i.e. roads less subject to wear and tear.
I agree that the QUALITY of the asphalt is GA is top notch based on other states I have been, regardless of how much we have.

I've seen many times where they repave a road wherein the current quality of the roads looks to be in good condition

Old 03-15-2024, 04:49 PM

20 posts, read 37,808 times
[quote=cdw1084;66417136]What part of the north are you coming from? I'm asking because specific places in PA, NY, and Southern Maryland have some of the worst road infrastructure that I've encountered. We just recently drove through Philadelphia and Chester PA. The roads were absolutely horrible.

My thoughts exactly about reading this, lived all over the northeast, it's mindboggling how absurd, frustrating and insufficient the infrastructure is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta