Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
 [Register]
Ann Arbor Washtenaw County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 03:57 PM

518 posts, read 868,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj42 View Post
Listed our home in Saline a few weeks ago and after some initial showings, things have fallen off quite a bit. Pulte has a lot of construction going on in the area and I think competing with new build is a big part of it (we are in the upper 300's). We had one realtor who did a showing tell us their client was still trying to decide between existing and new build. Another realtor told us the lower priced housing started selling quickly when things opened back up, but mid-price and higher is not moving as fast. I'm optimistic for now (really did not expect the stock market to recover as quickly as it did) and just hoping we can sell soon in case things start to go bad (moving to a condo currently under construction).
I read that same problem exists in south FL. where buyers are flocking to new housing at the expense of the older ones. But I went through the same thing your going through with trying to sell the old while building new. It's very stressful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 06:28 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,401,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave w View Post
I read that same problem exists in south FL. where buyers are flocking to new housing at the expense of the older ones. But I went through the same thing your going through with trying to sell the old while building new. It's very stressful.
My uncle just sold his old house in Sacramento. He was renting it out until now, but was finally able to get a buyer. He was buying new, but at the time there were no buyers for his older house.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:47 AM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Unless your area has a huge factory/company closure due to Covid the area real estate will be fine.

If a local company with 5000 workers closes up shop, then you might have trouble coming when those people decide to all sell/move to get other jobs.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:04 PM

927 posts, read 882,621 times
Brighton is red hot. Any decent home under 250k is contingent in a few days for several thousand above asking.

Old 07-05-2020, 05:39 PM

1,996 posts, read 3,158,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
Here’s hoping Ford and GM make it through this in 1 piece. I am a software person and remote worker for now so the impact is not as significant for now, but we still need Ford and GM to continue making reasonable money to keep the contracts alive.
Just curious, since you work remote, why do you want to live in Ann Arbor as opposed to the other cities in Michigan: Grand Rapids, Detroit, Lansing?

Thanks

Old 07-06-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usroute10 View Post
Just curious, since you work remote, why do you want to live in Ann Arbor as opposed to the other cities in Michigan: Grand Rapids, Detroit, Lansing?

Thanks
I don’t live in Ann Arbor, I live in Northville, which is 20 minutes to the east of Ann Arbor. Although, I like the small city vibe in Ann Arbor, as well as its proximity to DTW.
I would not risk being in the city of Detroit due to high crime, and Western part of the state gets too much snow for my liking.

Old 07-09-2020, 12:32 PM

So I went around and saw a few houses in Northville, Plymouth, Farmington Hills and Novi just to get an idea of the pricing and visual view of the neighborhood. Looks like for now the price hasn’t changed a whole lot for homes in the $385-415 range, although there were some foreclosures in the area for houses in the $300K range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor