Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2022, 03:09 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times

Advertisements

Have a friend in Dallas area who used to live in Houston and got a Borden brand w/o eggnog
But that is only sold in Houston area—
Know any other brands of eggnog that don’t include nutmet—it is a nut even if a spice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2022, 03:24 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Lots of recipes for eggnog online. Just leave the nutmeg out!

Ask local groceries or organic food retailers if they carry any of these:

https://www.spokin.com/allergy-friendly-eggnog

Old 12-07-2022, 06:18 PM

728 posts, read 463,804 times
I read that nutmeg is a seed, not a nut. Most if not all people who are allergic to nuts can eat nutmeg. Sorry, don’t know how to post links.

Old 12-07-2022, 07:43 PM

2,527 posts, read 2,774,310 times
Just posted on your other thread on this topic.

I'm allergic to nuts but have never been told to avoid nutmeg. As I said over there, perhaps the friend is allergic to something that cross-reacts with nutmeg. I have that problem with some of my allergies.

Making one's own eggnog sounds like the best solution.

Old 12-08-2022, 02:03 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbeagles View Post
I read that nutmeg is a seed, not a nut. Most if not all people who are allergic to nuts can eat nutmeg. Sorry, don’t know how to post links.
Its easy:

Start typing your reply to the CD thread and leave the dialog box open. Minimize CD and go back to the web browser. Find and open the website you want to link. Its address will show in your browser bar.
Place the cursor over the address and click to highlight it.
Right click to bring up the menu box that gives the option to cut, paste, copy, etc. Select Copy.
Go back to CD.
When you get to the point in your reply where you want to insert your link, right click to open up the menu box again.
Click Paste. The link will be created.

Last edited by Parnassia; 12-08-2022 at 02:16 PM..

Old 12-09-2022, 04:59 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
Just posted on your other thread on this topic.

I'm allergic to nuts but have never been told to avoid nutmeg. As I said over there, perhaps the friend is allergic to something that cross-reacts with nutmeg. I have that problem with some of my allergies.

Making one's own eggnog sounds like the best solution.
Even a quick internet search comes up with a.) nutmeg is not a nut, so people with nut allergies don't have to avoid it, and b.) nutmeg allergies are rare.

This British site says that if someone is allergic to nutmeg, they'd also be allergic to pepper and cinnamon.

Old 12-10-2022, 10:30 AM

2,527 posts, read 2,774,310 times
The same misconception exists about pine nuts. They're actually a seed, not a nut. Not to say one can't be allergic to pine-related things, too, but that's for another thread someday.

Old 01-12-2023, 02:10 AM

9 posts, read 6,802 times
I'm adversely affected by nuts yet have never been told to stay away from nutmeg. As I expressed around there, maybe the companion is susceptible to something that cross-responds with nutmeg. I generally dislike a portion of my sensitivities.

Making one's own eggnog seems like the best arrangement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies