Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2024, 01:10 PM

1,224 posts, read 523,670 times

Advertisements

Basically what the totalitarians in charge want to do over there is toss Brits, Scotts, and Irish in prison if they complain about mass migration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2024, 01:11 PM

1,224 posts, read 523,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Get your knickers in a twist?
That's the best you can do lol.

Old 04-07-2024, 02:00 PM

2,347 posts, read 854,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Wasn't it the SNP? They are destroying Scotland from within!

https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...h-state-broken

Frankly the SNP are 'bloody awful' at running a country HOWEVER unfortunately for Scots themselves they will never be voted out in Scotland as long as they continue with their anti-English edicts. An alarming percentage of Scots are blinded by their xenephobia of the English, like the Irish they blame ALL the ills in Scotland on the English, its something that has been around for a while but has accelerated particularly quickly over the last 5-10 years.

Personally I'm wondering if the explosion in English xenophobia (not just from the Scots and Irish but from the world in general) has something to do with Russian/Chinese BOTS? Or perhaps I'm just being dragged in by conspiracy theories here!?

What the BOTS (whoever they are) seem to fail to realise is that the English don't seem particularly perturbed by anti-English xenophobia! In fact many English seem quite oblivious to it!
Not inconceivable by any means. They focus on what they see as our divisiveness and attempt to exploit it either by interference in US elections or in the case of the SNP using it as a tool to spread ant-English edicts.

We also live in a time of chronic neurosis. We're all supposed to exist with a sense of guilt and need to correct it either voluntarily or by law if necessary. Completely bonkers but that's the way society seems to be heading.

Something else I've noticed also is that one has to be careful in doing some things which in the past were completely normal.

Some years ago I was watching my two grand daughters play volley ball in a local park. I was sitting in my car in the nearby parking lot when there was a tap on the window and a cop was peering in at me. He said someone had made a complaint that I was acting suspiciously by watching this group of young teenage girls at play. I made it clear who my grand daughters were and asked him if he's like to talk to them but he was satisfied with my explanation and that was it but I was as mad as hell and especially so since he refused top give me the name of the person who had called him.

One thing I'm grateful for is that I'm old enough to remember a time when the world was a lot more level headed and before all this crazy **** started to happen

Old 04-07-2024, 02:14 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times
The hypocrisy of controlling the speech of others, but not those wanting the control.
Hatred for others accused of being bigots don't see their own bigotry.

Old 04-07-2024, 03:40 PM

2,347 posts, read 854,994 times
Crocodile Dundee on his first trip to New York seemed to have had a fool proof way of defining who was male and who was female

Old 04-07-2024, 11:11 PM
SFX

1,639 posts, read 895,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
What are the aims of the new hate crime law?

The Scottish government says that Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Act will provide greater protection for victims and communities.
That is government double talk, it's nonsense. It's like how Chicago has extremely strict gun laws, to "protect victims and communities", by making guns illegal.

It didn't do anything to stop the actual criminals who use guns. Who have guns, sell guns, steal guns, and use guns. Kill people with guns. Kill children with guns.

Laws do not protect anyone. A law does nothing. A law has no actual power or force to do anything. But governments will use "the law" to do all kinds of bad things.

Some laws allow citizens to use the government to do bad things.

Old 04-08-2024, 02:51 AM

18,532 posts, read 18,768,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Wasn't it the SNP? They are destroying Scotland from within!

https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...h-state-broken

Frankly the SNP are 'bloody awful' at running a country HOWEVER unfortunately for Scots themselves they will never be voted out in Scotland as long as they continue with their anti-English edicts. An alarming percentage of Scots are blinded by their xenephobia of the English, like the Irish they blame ALL the ills in Scotland on the English, its something that has been around for a while but has accelerated particularly quickly over the last 5-10 years.

Personally I'm wondering if the explosion in English xenophobia (not just from the Scots and Irish but from the world in general) has something to do with Russian/Chinese BOTS? Or perhaps I'm just being dragged in by conspiracy theories here!?

What the BOTS (whoever they are) seem to fail to realise is that the English don't seem particularly perturbed by anti-English xenophobia! In fact many English seem quite oblivious to it!
I agree with you Eastie... its the built up hatred of the english that these halfwits have caused and not a love or Scotland that they all pretend.... thankfully many scots dont follow this nonsense and I hope others dont think were all the same.... I get angry when someone comes out with al the Scots are with the snp.. nonsense... their hated by many..

Old 04-08-2024, 06:06 AM

5,410 posts, read 3,607,595 times
Scottish Police refuse to investigate hate symbol seen on Facebook because the person complaining is not Jewish! what a crock.

Old 04-08-2024, 07:19 AM

18,532 posts, read 18,768,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
Scottish Police refuse to investigate hate symbol seen on Facebook because the person complaining is not Jewish! what a crock.
Saw it today... as you say.... what a crock..who are they kidding so does that mean the rest of us non Jewish are not to be offended.. this bill has to go.. its nonsense.. and being laughed at.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBGOryiqZZI

Old 04-08-2024, 02:44 PM

2,230 posts, read 1,335,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
That brought to mind an incident occured in Richmond, B.C.. You can still watch the video online by googling "Racist woman tells Cxxxxxx woman to go back to ...."
Personally I do not understand why people would create a storm in a tea cup.

What intrigued me though was that the one driving a high-end SUV proceeded to engage litigation against the other one in a modest sedan. And was told that she cannot sue a certain group for racism.

Coming back to the law enforcers anywhere in the globe, it is a job that requires brain and brawn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom