Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 06:29 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times

Advertisements

Whenever I think about her, I dislike her. Thankfully she's not much on my mind.

Old 10-05-2022, 07:22 AM

61,655 posts, read 87,023,434 times
That's most bizarre statement - comparing Meghan to Diana

Old 10-05-2022, 09:35 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,735,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Whenever I think about her, I dislike her. Thankfully she's not much on my mind.
Good one Kathryn... sadly she is on my mind. and wish she wasnt.

Old 10-05-2022, 10:43 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Good one Kathryn... sadly she is on my mind. and wish she wasnt.
Unfortunately I can't help but read everything about her. I despise her. People like her shouldn't be allowed to get away with it--the unforgiveable way she's treated her dad (I think he is just a mixed up old man, trying to do his best, but got manipulated by the press. She can't see that he is still her DAD? She can't see that he made some mistakes just like any other person who the media goes after? How can she still not speak to him or let him meet his own grandchildren?)

Diana was far from perfect but she wasn't purposely trying to be evil. She was a mixed up kid from a broken home who, at least, had a lot of love in her heart.

It's going to be interesting watching the drama between KING Charles and Meghan because she wants those two kids to have titles and so she'll pretend to be nice for a while. I wonder what King Charles will decide to do as it doesn't seem as though the rift will ever heal. Who would want them as part of the royal family? They should have no association with the family except as regular family. All they do is use them and try to make money by snitching on them. Even regular families don't usually do things like that.

I was really steamed when H & M were on that last three day trip--one day in England, one day in Germany, one day in England and then they were planning on going home. He obviously knew how sick the Queen was yet he didn't bother to stop in to see her for the last time? The only excuse I can think of is that she didn't want to see him or someone higher up told him NOT to come. But he was there, it would have taken a flight to Scotland and he could have said his good byes. That incident really made me practically hate him.

So on the third day of their trip, the Queen died. (strange, but anyway...) Harry missed the flight with his male relatives that would have taken him to Balmoral, possibly to see her for the last time. He missed the flight (from the news reports) because he was so busy arguing with Prince Charles over Meghan being asked to stay behind. Priorities! Do you want to see your beloved grandmother for the last time before she dies? Or is it more important that your domineering wife accompany you? Accompany him for what reason? Looks like Meghan's presence was more important than seeing his grandmother for the last time.

So I didn't feel one bit sorry for him when he had to take a commercial flight on his own, found out about her death minutes after the world learned of it, and arrived all alone, hours later. Then, to make matters worse, he snubbed King Charles and Prince William by refusing a dinner invitation that night at Balmoral. It would have been the King and his two sons, it would have been in honor of his grandmother, but no.

So early the next morning he slinks back to London all alone. Yes, he put on the act during the funeral, but it was only an act. Previously I felt sorry for him but now he seems to be getting just as mean as Meghan. He's been brainwashed and there's no hope for him now. After the way he's treated his own family, he deserves to be kicked out completely. Maybe someday he'll crack up/go crazy but I do not think he will ever see the light and change his mind because he is completely under her control. (Looks like I could write a book!!!!!!!!!)

Old 10-05-2022, 10:58 AM

27,554 posts, read 28,636,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
That's most bizarre statement - comparing Meghan to Diana
I found neither of them fit to be part of the royal family. They were oddballs, just in different ways.

They probably had no idea what they were getting into.

Old 10-05-2022, 12:05 PM

1,494 posts, read 1,670,765 times
I don't know how people can get so angry over stories that are not confirmed, about people you're never going to meet, and who have no effect on your life. It's so easy to make up a giant fiction pinned onto the few facts that we actually know, but it's not good to get so worked up over what are mostly just lies and embellishments to sell gossip columns.

Old 10-05-2022, 01:42 PM

9,114 posts, read 6,160,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
I don't know how people can get so angry over stories that are not confirmed, about people you're never going to meet, and who have no effect on your life. It's so easy to make up a giant fiction pinned onto the few facts that we actually know, but it's not good to get so worked up over what are mostly just lies and embellishments to sell gossip columns.

True statement about all the "famous" people. Yet, the Kardashians have finessed this gossip into a billion dollar empire. Why people give them their money so willingly is a puzzle to me.

"As of July 2021, it's Kim with a cool $1.4 billion to her name. She's followed by youngest sis Kylie with $700 million."

https://parade.com/1003866/stefaniep...ir%20relatives.

Old 10-05-2022, 02:01 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
Quote:
To those of us who have been lifelong followers of the royal family, it does have an effect on us. We've read books about them and we have our favorites. Psychological happenings in the royal family are pretty interesting if you follow the ins and outs over the years. Things like the king abdicating to marry someone who wasn't acceptable and how terribly he was treated for it. The Queen being so good at her job while her younger sister was a rather messed up person. Now it's William and Harry. Seems like the second in line always has problems with it and no one ever seems to help that person from feeling left out. For me, it's the psychology of it and seeing it play out. It's interesting.

Old 10-05-2022, 07:02 PM

2,221 posts, read 1,331,194 times
Quote:
Well, the last thing I will say is this. Harry is a very tall, large man. His wife is a petite woman walking around on high heeled shoes. Harry takes big strides as he walks. She cannot keep up with him very well, and I think this is why she holds his hand and arm. He sort of has her in tow because she cannot cover as much ground as he does as they walk. I see children do this with parents all of the time. It really is unfair and silly to criticise her for holding her husband's hand and/or arm.

Anyway, this is the last comment I will make on the topic. I do not know these people, and I have no ill feelings toward any of them for any reason. Their business is none of my business either. They seem to love one another, and I wish them all the best. I hope this hatred nonsense toward this woman ends. You are hurting her children and her husband by speaking of her this way, not to mention she herself. There are things people have done that I do not agree with or respect them for doing (Charles is a great example of this), but I do not hate the person. Hate and despise are very, very strong words to represent very strong, negative, even vicious feelings. I would not want to have to justify myself to God one day for hating, despising, or otherwise being cruel and vicious to any of his children. I do not even understand why anyone would follow someone in the news if it causes them to feel this way. I like to feel happy and good and at peace with myself and the world. That is not always easy to do, but it is impossible to do if you are harbouring these sorts of intensely negative feelings.

Old 10-05-2022, 07:27 PM

602 posts, read 313,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Diana was loved and Markle is rightly despised. She's as far from the new Diana as you can get
Came across this earlier ...and the story behind them below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXY_HIU9CwQ

Michael Jackson and Princess Diana met only once, but the encounter had a profound effect on both of them.

Joining a line-up backstage at Wembley Stadium on July 16, 1988, superstar Michael Jackson shifts on his feet and looks nervous.

The 'Thriller' singer was not only about to meet the most famous woman in the world, but also perform in front of royalty and in front of thousands of fans.

Yet the tables are turned as a shy Princess Diana makes her way along the line-up and can be seen blushing as she comes face-to-face with the King of Pop.

The mother of two was in fact a huge fan of the star, often listening to 'Thriller' and 'Bad' on repeat, and Michael Jackson later revealed she even gave him a song request that evening.

Speaking to Barbara Walters in 1997, Michael recalled he had left 'Dirty Diana' out of the show - a song about a wild groupie - to make the gig more appropriate for royalty, but she immediately put a stop to it.

“Are you going to do Dirty Diana?” he revealed the Princess asked.

“So I said, ‘No, I took it out of the show because of you.’ She said ‘No! I want you to do it. Do it. Do the song.’”

After the line-up Michael and a bashful Princess Diana joined Prince Charles for a photocall where the singer gifted the royals miniature Bad jackets for William and Harry and a platinum disc wall hanging.

While it was the only time Michael and Diana would ever meet face-to-face in their lifetimes, from that day in 1988 onwards a strong friendship between the star and Princess started to form.

“We were very close,” Jackson told German media in 1999.

“She was extremely close by phone... I was still married to Lisa Marie [Presley]. Diana woke me up usually late at night… mostly after three in the morning! And then she held me for hours on the telephone. She talked about children, the press.”

Michael's former bodyguard, Matt Fiddes, later confirmed the pair would often speak into the small hours.

“[Jackson] felt she was the only person in the world who could understand his life in terms of not being able to go anywhere, and the media stories that got out of hand... The intrusion into the private life, having no privacy whatsoever, the children being hounded," he told Daily Star in 2017.
It wasn't just their worldwide fame and love of music that the two had in common.

On his visit to London for the Bad tour, Michael Jackson donated £150,000 to the Princes Trust and twice visited the children on the wards at Great Ormond Street Hospital, a charity close to the Princess' heart.

Michael later said in 2003 that Diana was "one of the sweetest people I’ve ever known, because we could relate to each other.

"We shared something in common, with the press. I don’t think they hounded anyone more than her and myself. And we had a relationship, where we would call each other late at night… just cry on each other’s shoulders, how hard and difficult and how mean the tabloids can be.”

When Michael heard Diana died, he said he was overcome with grief, falling down to the floor and crying.

The star told Barbara Walters he postponed a performance of his HIStory tour to recover and when he went on stage days later, he dedicated a song to the Princess.

“In my heart, I was saying, ‘I love you, Diana. Shine. And shine on forever, because you are the true princess of the people.’”

https://www.smoothradio.com/artists/...endship-video/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom