Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 03:40 PM

1,126 posts, read 607,749 times

Advertisements

https://twitter.com/i/status/1780927381496005085

"woman said she went out wearing a Louis Vuitton scarf, Louis Vuitton duffel bag, Gucci cross body bag and a Burberry leather coat & felt like she had a sign saying rob me. Says she does not recognize Toronto anymore."

This was posted by a woman model after a shoot in downtown Toronto.

She was never approached by anybody, nothing happened.

But she felt like she had to "run" to her car because she was dressed too "rich".

I thought it was a bit sad on many fronts. Entitlement? Paranoia?

It's almost like a "Kids in the Hall" skit... when she is listing off all the high end clothes and items she was wearing...

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:58 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,764,113 times
I'd feel unsafe wearing or carrying any of those out in public but what do I know? I am just an Urban Peasant . In other threads, it has already been mentioned that Queen City has taken on a brash, almost New Yorkish vibe during recent years and the number of incidents have gone up. Just read up on CTV and CBC news and you'll discover more reports about fights, robberies, assaults, stabbings, and the occasional shooting too, all out in the open public or on the TTC. I encountered many boisterous teens swearing and talking loudly everywhere, witnessed a fight at the Finch Terminal, and was even nearly assaulted by a drunk on the Bloor-Danforth during my visit last year. All of this is symptomatic of growing pains for a post-pandemic rapidly expanding city. Income inequality has risen, mental anguish has flared, authorities are probably inexperienced in dealing with the rise in incidents, and so unsuspecting individuals often fall victim. Social media might also have a share of blame. So in a way, this lady may be exaggerating but there is a grain of truth to the new vibe she felt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto