Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 12:20 PM

879 posts, read 2,878,142 times

Advertisements

To make it easier to check schedules and such we have started a "clean" OTFCC thread. The original thread will remain available (but not "stuck" up front) for those of you who wanted the history to remain intact.

We will also begin meeting the third Wednesday of every month at 10:00 A.M.
so ya'll mark your calendars accordingly. We may change it from time to time in order to accomodate out-of-area visitors schedules.

As many of you know, some of the friendliest people in the area get together once a month for coffee somewhere between Hollister and Branson. We meet and exchange ideas about living here, where to find things, and just generally have a gab-fest. We invite people visiting the area to attend as well as those who already live here and just want to meet some friendly folks.

We aren't looking to sell anything, hook-up, or engage in political/religious arguments. We aren't internet stalkers, weird, or crazy....well, maybe a little crazy..at least we get "that look" when we tell people we met online.

So "Come on Down" and share a cup of coffee with the OTFCC gang.

Last edited by mrschilicook; 05-09-2008 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 01:05 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,687,108 times
For those that would like to read how this all came about, you may read it in the Over the Fence Coffee Club Part 1 thread.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:27 PM

879 posts, read 2,878,142 times
Default May Otfcc

The May Over The Fence Coffee Club meet is on the 21st at the French Hen in Branson. 10:00 a.m.

Response isn't necessary, but try to respond if you think your going to make it so no one ends up having coffee alone.

The French Hen is on the north side of Branson away from the traffic areas. Coming south on hiway 65 you would go right onto Shepard of the Hills Parkway. The French Hen is on the left in a little "French chateau" looking set of business buildings maybe about a mile (or a little more) down the road. If you get to McDonalds and KMart you've gone too far. You do have to look closely as the sign is a listing of the business in the little park.

Looking forward to seeing some of the gang again.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:10 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,482 times
Talking Woo Hoo....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
The May Over The Fence Coffee Club meet is on the 21st at the French Hen in Branson. 10:00 a.m.

Response isn't necessary, but try to respond if you think your going to make it so no one ends up having coffee alone.

The French Hen is on the north side of Branson away from the traffic areas. Coming south on hiway 65 you would go right onto Shepard of the Hills Parkway. The French Hen is on the left in a little "French chateau" looking set of business buildings maybe about a mile (or a little more) down the road. If you get to McDonalds and KMart you've gone too far. You do have to look closely as the sign is a listing of the business in the little park.

Looking forward to seeing some of the gang again.
OH...I love the idea of making it the same time every month! It's been so difficult getting everyone to agree on a time & day...

Thanks, Mrs. C!
(Especially since this was your idea originally...)

Old 05-15-2008, 09:43 AM

318 posts, read 726,972 times
WOW.... I haven't been around for awhile and it seems so much has happened. Hope all is well with the OTFCC gang. Unfortunately again, I will not be able to meet this month. My kids get out of school at 11am on the 21st. Hope I can catch up with everyone next month. I do like that the date/time be the same.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:55 AM

Default I'm there...

Mrs. Chilicook & I will be there...shall we all wear a certain color so's the new folks can find us?

Please, this would be a great time for those of you who have been coming to join us...

Old 05-16-2008, 12:45 PM

870 posts, read 3,081,059 times
Default Me, too!

I will see you there!

What color? Purple?

Old 05-16-2008, 10:02 PM

1,640 posts, read 3,653,278 times
Unhappy Change of plans...

I'm afraid I'm going to miss this month, after all.

My mother has been gravely ill and we have come close to losing her several times. Many of you remember meeting her as she came to our OTFCC in Branson last October. She said it was one of the highlights of her visit. We had our picture taken before we left Branson Landing that day. Here's the picture I chose from the ones they took. As you might imagine, I cherish it more each day!

Anyway, I am scheduled to fly to CA next Tuesday, the 20th, and won't be back until the end of the month. If she continues to do better, we'll be trying to figure out how to move her into a rest home and out of her apartment.

Ya'll have a cup o' java for me and keep the tradition going so that I can join you next month. I know I'll be lookin' for a BIG GROUP HUG when I can see all my friends again!

Old 05-17-2008, 08:09 AM

Smile How could we forget?

I'm so sorry to hear about Mom! Of course we remember her, she was absolutely delightful!

Please send our best wishes and YOU take them with you, too, my dear...wherever you go.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:15 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,449,437 times
Please take good care, Mrs. G., and be assured that you, your mom and whole family are in my prayers at this time.

I'll be attending the Northern California Charismatic Catholic Convention Memorial Day weekend (the 23rd through 25th) in Santa Clara. An ideal time to keep all of you in prayer. Thank God your mom has you!
http://bestsmileys.com/religous/6.gif (broken link)http://bestsmileys.com/religous/5.gif (broken link)http://bestsmileys.com/religous/6.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area