Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 10:25 AM

6 posts, read 2,332 times

Advertisements

30, F. So, an online friend I've been talking to for two years said this morning that it's not likely he'll travel to the other side of the world to meet up. He was exactly my type and now I don't know what to do. I honestly feel a little heartbroken but also not surprised.

We've been talking just over two years. I live in the UK and I'm also ace. I've been single since my boyfriend died suddenly over a decade ago. I've always only ever been attracted to what are known as stereotypical nerds, especially if they're very fat. I guess if you saw me you'd say I'm a stereotypical nerd woman, but I'm skinny. They just seem adorable to me and like they'd give amazing warm hugs, since I'm skinny. I met this guy on Reddit who was quite literally my dream guy - horn rimmed glasses, cleanshaven, passionate about action figures, studying computer science at university, a really chill guy who'd listen, and he weighed 350 pounds. He even had a cute little nerdy lisp whenever he talked. He was easily the most adorable guy I've ever seen. He contacted me first, but he lived in California. We initially talked for a few weeks over Reddit chat before moving to Discord. He showed a lot of interest in me at first, but I feel like over time both of us kind of realised we're too far and I can't fly due to a medical condition.

Today I asked him if meeting up was possible but he said it's not likely since it's so far. It kind of cemented what I already suspected but it still painful and I don't know what to do. He contacted me when I was going through hell physically and felt lost. He got me through hard times but now I sorta feel lost again. We're still friends, of course, but knowing I'll never meet him in real life makes me feel empty. It also makes me feel sad for him, too, since he said he's lonely and in one of his Reddit posts a few days before he messaged me for the very first time he said he feels like giving up, that he hates the way his face looks, and said he felt like no woman would ever love him. But from his perspective, he meets someone who does love him and everything about the way he looks, and she's too far away.

I'd have dreams about him a lot, such as lying on his belly in bed, and feeling his warmth. Buying him his favourite action figures just so I can see him be happy and feel loved. Doing anything to make him happy and excited. Keeping us in company with each other.

I initially thought he was ghosting me a while back, but it turned out he was getting depressed and burned out due to work, because of an inconsiderate boss who was making him work from 5 AM till 1:30 PM almost every day, and when he voiced his concerns to his boss he just ignored him. So he's been too tired to even talk most of the time the past few months.

I feel like my type is much too specific and I'll never see a guy like that again. I'm not into people who call themselves nerds but only like Star Wars or something. For me it's the whole package. He was the only guy I knew besides my dead boyfriend who said I looked pretty. I was mostly bedbound for years up until August last year because of a heart condition I was also only recently diagnosed with. I've became a lot more reserved and introverted as a result of that and spend most of my time online.

Old Today, 10:39 AM

24,619 posts, read 10,947,984 times
Maybe a mod can combine the threads.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/rela...-ghosting.html

Old Today, 11:29 AM

2,673 posts, read 2,095,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa43223 View Post
I've always only ever been attracted to what are known as stereotypical nerds, especially if they're very fat. I guess if you saw me you'd say I'm a stereotypical nerd woman, but I'm skinny. They just seem adorable to me and like they'd give amazing warm hugs, since I'm skinny. I met this guy on Reddit who was quite literally my dream guy - horn rimmed glasses, cleanshaven, passionate about action figures, studying computer science at university, a really chill guy who'd listen, and he weighed 350 pounds. He even had a cute little nerdy lisp whenever he talked. He was easily the most adorable guy I've ever seen.
I am willing to bet that this is a troll post...

Old Today, 11:36 AM

6 posts, read 2,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
I am willing to bet that this is a troll post...
I mean, I already explained why I find heavier guys more appealing, and also that I'm attracted to traits that people would consider nerdy.

Old Today, 11:40 AM

2,127 posts, read 1,055,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa43223 View Post
30, F. So, an online friend I've been talking to for two years said this morning that it's not likely he'll travel to the other side of the world to meet up. He was exactly my type and now I don't know what to do. I honestly feel a little heartbroken but also not surprised.

We've been talking just over two years. I live in the UK and I'm also ace. I've been single since my boyfriend died suddenly over a decade ago. I've always only ever been attracted to what are known as stereotypical nerds, especially if they're very fat. I guess if you saw me you'd say I'm a stereotypical nerd woman, but I'm skinny. They just seem adorable to me and like they'd give amazing warm hugs, since I'm skinny. I met this guy on Reddit who was quite literally my dream guy - horn rimmed glasses, cleanshaven, passionate about action figures, studying computer science at university, a really chill guy who'd listen, and he weighed 350 pounds. He even had a cute little nerdy lisp whenever he talked. He was easily the most adorable guy I've ever seen. He contacted me first, but he lived in California. We initially talked for a few weeks over Reddit chat before moving to Discord. He showed a lot of interest in me at first, but I feel like over time both of us kind of realised we're too far and I can't fly due to a medical condition.

Today I asked him if meeting up was possible but he said it's not likely since it's so far. It kind of cemented what I already suspected but it still painful and I don't know what to do. He contacted me when I was going through hell physically and felt lost. He got me through hard times but now I sorta feel lost again. We're still friends, of course, but knowing I'll never meet him in real life makes me feel empty. It also makes me feel sad for him, too, since he said he's lonely and in one of his Reddit posts a few days before he messaged me for the very first time he said he feels like giving up, that he hates the way his face looks, and said he felt like no woman would ever love him. But from his perspective, he meets someone who does love him and everything about the way he looks, and she's too far away.

I'd have dreams about him a lot, such as lying on his belly in bed, and feeling his warmth. Buying him his favourite action figures just so I can see him be happy and feel loved. Doing anything to make him happy and excited. Keeping us in company with each other.

I initially thought he was ghosting me a while back, but it turned out he was getting depressed and burned out due to work, because of an inconsiderate boss who was making him work from 5 AM till 1:30 PM almost every day, and when he voiced his concerns to his boss he just ignored him. So he's been too tired to even talk most of the time the past few months.

I feel like my type is much too specific and I'll never see a guy like that again. I'm not into people who call themselves nerds but only like Star Wars or something. For me it's the whole package. He was the only guy I knew besides my dead boyfriend who said I looked pretty. I was mostly bedbound for years up until August last year because of a heart condition I was also only recently diagnosed with. I've became a lot more reserved and introverted as a result of that and spend most of my time online.
Umm... most of us just ate lunch, so easy on the pillow talk OK?
As for your issue, I'm not one to say "I told you so.", but I'm sure a lot of people have warned you about talking to a perspective romantic parter across the country from you. Online dating is bad enough, but you put a scenario in there like this one, and it's the ultimate dating site saga. It is almost impossible to carry on a long distance relationship overseas or across the nation, because it isn't normal.

So you have a condition that keeps you from flying, so what did you think you were going to do to have frequent and regular visits with this guy? At least he realizes that this is not ever going anywhere, due to the distance between you. Sure, it's sad, but you asked for it by originally talking to this guy that is SO far from you. It wasn't a good choice for a number of reasons. Now you have to deal with the consequences of this decision to carry on what you thought would be a relationship at some point.

There are nerds and overweight guys EVERYWHERE. Do you have Walmarts there? Try that. Produce section. Look for the little scooters and check the ring finger I guess. I dunno!

Old Today, 11:58 AM

48,550 posts, read 34,911,433 times
OP already has a thread about this.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.