Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 10:27 AM

36,494 posts, read 30,827,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I’m not making ‘too much of it’; I simply have a different opinion than you. I think ‘looking a woman up and down’ and staring at her chest is odd/exaggerated (and hilariously immature) behavior rather than indicative of vibing or chemistry, particularly since the dude already knows (and speaks to) the OP relative to a professional relationship.
I share your opinion.
It might be fun and flirty if one is already in a relationship, but not from someone you are not familiar with, a professional peer or someone you are dong business with. A slightly lingering glance with a smile is much better than elevator eyes and staring at sexual parts of the body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2024, 11:33 AM

2,953 posts, read 1,637,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I’m not making ‘too much of it’; I simply have a different opinion than you. I think ‘looking a woman up and down’ and staring at her chest is odd/exaggerated (and hilariously immature) behavior rather than indicative of vibing or chemistry, particularly since the dude already knows (and speaks to) the OP relative to a professional relationship.

Yes, obviously, she specifically expressed her interest relative to the thread. Perhaps before we know it, the OP will be posting in the Wedding Forum, lol. Kidding, I wish her (or them) well.
There's having an opinion and there's restating it in every post

These two people know each other and have for a while, it's not like he's a total stranger she's never laid eyes on before. She likes him.

Back in my day, dears, it was automatically assumed men and women liked each other, it's natural.

The new Puritanism it's what's creepy.

I wish OP well too.
But if the guy is 61 and in business odds are good he's married.

Old 04-12-2024, 12:53 PM

8,658 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
These two people know each other and have for a while, it's not like he's a total stranger she's never laid eyes on before.
It’s exactly my point as to why his exaggerated behavior is immature (or why one would think he’d have asked her on a ‘date’ by now, if he were interested).

Quote:
Back in my day, dears, it was automatically assumed men and women liked each other, it's natural.
No one is suggesting heterosexual attraction isn’t natural, but that doesn’t mean we are interested in every woman we meet - even if she is physically attractive. Personality, social intelligence and the flow of (initial) conversation has a lot to do with it as well.

Quote:
It’s not ‘Puritanism’ to be turned-off by socially-incompetent behavior or an inability to ask the other if they want to grab some lunch.

Quote:
Interesting; I thought the OP knew he was single. If he’s married, that makes his immature behavior even more awkward (and the OP is wasting her time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I share your opinion.
It might be fun and flirty if one is already in a relationship, but not from someone you are not familiar with, a professional peer or someone you are dong business with. A slightly lingering glance with a smile is much better than elevator eyes and staring at sexual parts of the body.
I couldn’t rep you again.

Old 04-12-2024, 01:07 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
I'm inherently suspicious of forward behavior especially with business people.
The have something to gain being EXTRA friendly.

Old 04-12-2024, 04:14 PM

867 posts, read 456,506 times
[quote=RubyandPearl;66635077]There's having an opinion and there's restating it in every post

These two people know each other and have for a while, it's not like he's a total stranger she's never laid eyes on before. She likes him.

I wish OP well too.

Yep , that's what l reckon.
l dunno wth the big deal is.

Old 04-13-2024, 01:16 AM

27 posts, read 9,968 times
Quote:
There's having an opinion and there's restating it in every post

I wish OP well too.
He's not married. He is single and now knows I am and that I am definitely interested.

Old 04-17-2024, 07:25 AM

8,658 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
As a client could you ask him to discuss some of your business over a cup of afternoon coffee?
I'm not shy in that regard, I'd ask a guy for a casual meet if I were interested.
If you’re asking a woman (or man) for a casual meet/coffee, then you need to be clear it is what it is rather than conflating the two as in ‘discussing business over a cup of coffee’. The latter is misleading; rather, the idea is to have a casual, social conversation outside of the work environment where there is no pressure or expectation to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships