Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 10:08 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times

Advertisements

Going by your description, I think the girl has a screw loose. Cut your losses and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2024, 10:55 AM

126 posts, read 59,478 times
I mean that is nice, but I am already emotionally invested. I dont think I can be fwb.

Old 03-12-2024, 10:59 AM

yea, seems to be the common opinion here.

Old 03-12-2024, 12:38 PM

lmao - just broke up with her right now. I told her I was looking for someone proud to call me their boyfriend. That I would be dating other people and that she can always let me know if she changes her mind. She stormed off angry, did not want to communicate. I can tell it's for the better. She was upset that I changed my mind on yesterdays agreement.

Old 03-12-2024, 12:50 PM

1,852 posts, read 873,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalmanzar1 View Post
lmao - just broke up with her right now. I told her I was looking for someone proud to call me their boyfriend. That I would be dating other people and that she can always let me know if she changes her mind. She stormed off angry, did not want to communicate. I can tell it's for the better. She was upset that I changed my mind on yesterdays agreement.

Good for you!

Old 03-12-2024, 12:50 PM

22,568 posts, read 47,633,000 times
hmmmm.... you are leaving the door open.
So if things don't work out for her, she can come running back to you.
Hopefully, you will not be pining and waiting around for her.

It would be better if you blocked all communication with her.

Old 03-12-2024, 01:28 PM

20,366 posts, read 14,640,743 times
Deciding to no longer be in a relationship with her is a perfectly valid choice. My instincts tell me that she had a sense that what you need and what she needs, in a relationship, are not really a good fit.

There was a time in my life that I told some individuals I was dating (poly at the time) that I no longer wanted the "girlfriend" label, but wanted to continue to be close friends, and even sex was not off the table. What I meant by it at that time, was that I really had too much going on in my life and felt a certain pressure to devote an amount of time and energy to fulfilling obligations as a "girlfriend" and doing that with multiple people was too much for me. They took it as more of a breakup than what I really intended...but by that point our time spent together was mostly friend activities and very little "benefits" anyways, so I did not feel like I was losing out on much.

Seems to me that in the context of a "boyfriend/girlfriend" relationship, you believe that you are entitled to certain sacrifices from her that she does not want to make, such as giving up some of her friendships that you found threatening. Or perhaps there was more to it, such as expectations of her time that she didn't feel she wanted to commit to giving you. It's fair for her to not want those things, but it might make her an inappropriate partner for your needs. I don't personally think that either of you are right or wrong, you just want different things. But then I really don't believe in "one size fits all" rules for relationships, or what is typical or "the norm" being necessarily best for all people.

Best of luck to both of you in seeking and finding what you need, probably with others besides one another.

Old 03-12-2024, 01:28 PM

thank you.

Old 03-12-2024, 01:38 PM

well, i left it open, because i wanted it to work out between us. She gave me no choice. I will start dating new people. Im a very faithful person, once I get into another relationship. I will not acknowledge any other girls. Its kinda sad.

Old 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM

1,215 posts, read 504,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
geez, doesn't anyone read the Bible? Unacceptable behavior.
All sexual relations outside of marriage is a sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships