Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2024, 03:12 PM

728 posts, read 463,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRingo View Post
Yes, I am, not gonna lie.
But this woman I am seeing is very interesting, funny, gorgeous and shows a lot of interest in me. There is a small fear of missing out in me, but also, there is no pressure in forcing things.
Just see what happens.
Hope your date goes well and you both have fun. I think it’s a good thing that your going out again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2024, 06:52 PM

2,041 posts, read 990,078 times
Quote:
But this woman I am seeing is very interesting, funny, gorgeous and shows a lot of interest in me. There is a small fear of missing out in me, but also, there is no pressure in forcing things.
Just see what happens.
Whatever you do, don't bring your ex into the conversation. At all. If you find yourself about to make some sort of comparison or related story about your ex with the date, just don't. Focus on the date, and the date only.

Nothing is a bigger turn off than hearing about someone's former relationship within an hour of meeting.

Old 02-19-2024, 06:55 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
Whatever you do, don't bring your ex into the conversation. At all. If you find yourself about to make some sort of comparison or related story about your ex with the date, just don't. Focus on the date, and the date only.

Nothing is a bigger turn off than hearing about someone's former relationship within an hour of meeting.
And whatever you do, don't use this as an opportunity to post about your date on social media to trigger a response from the ex.

Old 02-19-2024, 09:06 PM

6,451 posts, read 3,967,826 times
Quote:
Just see what happens.
Does she know she's your "rebound date," or, at the very least, does she know how recently you're out of a serious relationship?

Old 02-20-2024, 12:55 PM

28 posts, read 10,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And whatever you do, don't use this as an opportunity to post about your date on social media to trigger a response from the ex.
I've never posted something like that on social media. I've barely posted my relationships or work.
People at times think I am jobless because all of the nonsense I post. So I think I am safe with that.
And it would be childish to post that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Does she know she's your "rebound date," or, at the very least, does she know how recently you're out of a serious relationship?
No, and I have no info about her either.
We were aquitances of Instagram, I replied to a story she had two weeks ago and since we talk constantly, like constantly. She works in the same industry as me, funny, easy going, a lot of things and places in common where we hang out, plus super gorgeous.
I asked her if she would want to have a drink and a walk with me on Friday night and she agreed.

I will focus on having fun and if the subject will come, I will tell her or If she will want to take things further. Honesty is key, from my point of view.

Old 02-24-2024, 09:27 PM

867 posts, read 456,506 times
[quote=PeterRingo;66446924]I've never posted something like that on social media. I've barely posted my relationships or work.
People at times think I am jobless because all of the nonsense I post. So I think I am safe with that.
And it would be childish to post that.

lt was childish to even start this thread. l for one only answered bc l thought it may be a real actual relationship, real love, real heartbreak, you have no idea here you are goin out with a new woman a few wks later. Like 99% of others round here.
Just lay low until the next new girl next time eh, instead of wasting peoples time and 5 pages.

Old 02-24-2024, 10:05 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Just want to point something out about the social media thing.

Is not about the social media, it's about the fact it feels like she threw me away from her life completely. Like I was nothing.
Sure, I might overeact, but this it how it feels. I think she could have done more. Just: Hey listen, I want to break up because I am not well and I need to take some time away from everything, including you. Is for my best.

And I swear I would have understood.
Right now it's just your hurt ego that bothers you the most. Since you're hurting you expected her to feel hurt as well. Maybe even expected her to cry and beg to stay together.
But she moved on and you still can't, and it bothers you... that she is not following you, trying to contact, or visibly mourning.
Perhaps she is, but in order to move on, she decided to cut the ties - it works for her.
You should too...

Old 02-25-2024, 08:58 AM

28 posts, read 10,749 times
Went on my first date on Friday and had to say I had a blast. Nothing happened, we were just to people connecting and it felt good because I had a boost of confidence about my self esteem and that people are atracted to me. It felt really good.

Therapy is helping a lot also because I am facing my demons, what I've felt during the past half of year.

I am not ready for a relationship at the moment, but enjoyed this woman I've went out a lot.*

Old 02-26-2024, 04:11 AM

728 posts, read 463,804 times
Quote:
Went on my first date on Friday and had to say I had a blast. Nothing happened, we were just to people connecting and it felt good because I had a boost of confidence about my self esteem and that people are atracted to me. It felt really good.

Therapy is helping a lot also because I am facing my demons, what I've felt during the past half of year.

I am not ready for a relationship at the moment, but enjoyed this woman I've went out a lot.*
Happy to hear that your date went well!

Old 02-26-2024, 10:13 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Cheers.
Don't think she will ever get better.
She is fighting this since she was a kid.

But the story is similar to many, I am just really curious if anyone experienced this and where was he/she in 1 year or 2 years after the breakup.
Quote:

It will never get better. They will just suck you down into their world of misery. She did you a favor with the breakup. Stay away from people who bring you down. Seek companionship with happy people.

Good to hear that you had fun on your date. Now go on and have some more fun dates
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships