Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 06:14 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,891,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
I asked a contractor contact and he says nowadays, they don't recommend washing the roof. Says it will "take years off the life of the roof." Also says good luck finding a power washing company that is willing to wash the roof. Although Sullivan soft wash website clearly says that.

Makes me hesitate to wash the roof even for cosmetic reasons then.
Power washing a roof removes granules from the asphalt shingles which shortens their lifespan. Soft wash isn't as bad but steam cleaning is best if you can find a company that even does that. There isn't much formal education training available for power washers so they either learn from on the job trial and error, attending power washing seminars, or by working under more experienced power washers before branching out on their own. For many it is just a side business to make extra money and not their full time job.

Different cleaning jobs present specific challenges and cleaning difficulty so the person doing the work needs to be able to correctly analyze and determine the best approach using the appropriate chemical and mix strength along with adequate dwell times to get the best results without damaging the surfaces being cleaned. It's the chemicals that do the heavy lifting and not water pressure which is why soft wash carries less risk of surface damage or water intrusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2024, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laniakea2MASS View Post
There are so many large, medium and smaller companies in the Triangle who say their business is power washing, but so many don't know what they're doing. Superior Powerwashing didn't even show up one day. TLC Window cleaning and Power washing out of Apex, came and washed the entire house supposedly in like 15 minutes. Apex Powerwashing one time used too much of that bleach solution and took off the paint on the front door. They also used water on the front door edges do water came inside.

Do these companies know how to handle fiber cement siding cleaning vs vinyl vs wood or do they even care?

I tried reading reviews on Google maps, nextdoor, etc and there are so many companies. So anyone here have any good recommendations for a house washing/power washing? Saw good recommendations from newer business like Island Power washing. Seems like anyone with a truck and a machine is marketing themselves as the best power washer.
Blue Wave pressure washing has been serving the Triangle area for 20 years...

https://bluewaveclean.com/

Old 05-02-2024, 03:54 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,773,627 times
Driveway is all greenish and blackish. Called a few places to clean a small tract-style housing driveway and walkway to front door and all quoted me $300 for concrete cleaning. Are you kidding me - I paid $170-180 before 2020. Time to find some hard-working high schoolers...

Old 05-02-2024, 06:37 PM

5,174 posts, read 3,779,977 times
Carlos King was recommended by someone on this board a few years ago. I used him and he did a good job. A little pricey not crazy but I would use him again.

Old 05-02-2024, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Driveway is all greenish and blackish. Called a few places to clean a small tract-style housing driveway and walkway to front door and all quoted me $300 for concrete cleaning. Are you kidding me - I paid $170-180 before 2020. Time to find some hard-working high schoolers...

Inflation. Things did not cost as much before 2020 and companies have overhead costs to stay in business. You can rent a power washer from Home Depot and DIY but even that will cost you at least $150. Concrete can be damaged if cleaned improperly and I hope those uninsured high schoolers don't get hurt while working on your property. Not worth the liability risk.

Old 05-02-2024, 07:40 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,773,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Inflation. Things did not cost as much before 2020 and companies have overhead costs to stay in business. You can rent a power washer from Home Depot and DIY but even that will cost you at least $150. Concrete can be damaged if cleaned improperly and I hope those uninsured high schoolers don't get hurt while working on your property. Not worth the liability risk.
I understand inflation and everything costs more, but not twice the price for a driveway cleaning in a short amount of time. It’s not rocket science and doesn’t require specialized tools or training.

Old Today, 11:26 AM

1,486 posts, read 4,158,691 times
Quote:
John here from Omega Power Washing LLC.
You can call or text us for a quote. 919-903-7920
Omegapowerwash.com
We have done plenty of driveways for less than 300, it goes by size for a standard driveway wash.
I will say having the right professional equipment makes a big difference for a good result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary