Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2023, 01:47 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Flyers are trying to trade Kevin Hayes and that seems to be the holdup
I read Torey Krug is standing pat on his NMC, and that that has rocked the Blues' cap situation just a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Oh no..... anyway...

Really hope this one falls through. Theres a reason hes 27 and potentially going to his 5th team this season. Good player... but immature (putting it lightly) and prone to uhh judgment lapses.
He is good friends with Martinook and Skjei. I hope the idea of signing him is not to prompt Skjei to extend in Carolina. I sure want Skjei to extend, but wouldn't like that bait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2023, 07:38 AM

4,261 posts, read 4,706,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Canes get Justin Faulk.
Kidding aside, Faulk played on some talent-starved teams in Raleigh and got more first-pair TOI than he deserved. On a championship contender he's good enough to play second-pair with PP duty. But with three more seasons on his contract at $6.5M per, he's no bargain unless St Louis retains part of the salary. At that kind of money the Canes could probably extend Pesce, whom I'd rather have.

Last edited by wizard-xyzzy; 06-26-2023 at 07:47 AM..

Old 06-26-2023, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
Kidding aside, Faulk played on some talent-starved teams in Raleigh and got more first-pair TOI than he deserved. On a championship contender he's good enough to play second-pair with PP duty. But with three more seasons on his contract at $6.5M per, he's no bargain unless St Louis retains part of the salary. At that kind of money the Canes could probably extend Pesce, whom I'd rather have.
Agreed. My wife has a Faulk/27 Jersey and a grudge against the Blues for taking him. He's got a heckuva slapper, too.
I would pay Pesce, too.

Old 06-26-2023, 08:01 AM

So... The apparent hurdle in the possible TDA acquisition from Philly:

Traded to Philly on July 8, 2022.
Canes cannot take him back on a retained salary deal until that trade is one full calendar year in the rear view mirror.
12 more days.

Page 292/540 in the CBA:

(C) Under no circumstances may a Club:

(4) Reacquire as part of a Retained Salary Transaction the SPC
of a Player who was on that Club's Reserve List within the
past calendar year;
Illustration: If Club A Trades the SPC of a Player to Club
B (the "Initial Trade"), Club B cannot subsequently Trade
an SPC of such Player back to Club A within one (1)
calendar year from the date of the Initial Trade and retain a
portion of the Averaged Amount of that SPC pursuant to a
Retained Salary Transaction. However, Club B may Trade
an SPC of the Player back to Club A within one (1)
calendar year from the date of the Initial Trade if Club B
does not retain any portion of such Player's SPC

https://cdn.nhlpa.com/img/assets/fil...A_2013_CBA.pdf

Old 06-30-2023, 05:42 AM

Canes take 10 picks in the 2023 Draft.
Who's going to be the first to contribute at the NHL level?

Nadeau has a great release, for sure.
Rykov.... Did the Svech lacrosse goal. Slick.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/...ft/c-345111498

Old 06-30-2023, 08:41 AM

This year and last year, the Canes have been more willing to take Russians than most teams. That's a gamble on future international relations. Beyond that, it's such a crapshoot. Jarvis is the only player from the 2019-2022 drafts who has made an impact yet, although Kochetkov will get his chance next season. Actually, if you look at every Canes draftee from 2018 onward, Svetchnikov and Jarvis are the only ones who are assured of NHL careers. Of course, there was never doubt about Svetchnikov.

Old 06-30-2023, 10:05 AM

Jesper fast at 2 x $2.4?
Team friendly, for sure.
Hope the rumor becomes fact.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2023...sper-fast.html

Old 06-30-2023, 12:26 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,236,737 times
I'm happy Fast is back. He's a good 3rd line player to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
This year and last year, the Canes have been more willing to take Russians than most teams. That's a gamble on future international relations. Beyond that, it's such a crapshoot. Jarvis is the only player from the 2019-2022 drafts who has made an impact yet, although Kochetkov will get his chance next season. Actually, if you look at every Canes draftee from 2018 onward, Svetchnikov and Jarvis are the only ones who are assured of NHL careers. Of course, there was never doubt about Svetchnikov.
Scott Morrow and Alexander Nichskin are two 2021 picks expected to be regular NHLers. Ryan Suzuki unfortunately had that eye injury that slowed his development. I think Jack Drury will be a full-time NHLer but it may not be here.

It seems like the front office wants to strike gold at the draft rather than go the BPA route. Of course not every pick can pan out but it's easier to draft and develop guys who can be Aho or Slavin types than trade or overpay in FA for those guys.

Old 06-30-2023, 02:24 PM

It takes both. The 2005-06 team certainly had draftees -- particularly Staal, Ward, and Cole -- but most of the roster came from trades or signings.

I haven't seen Morrow, Nichskin, or Suzuki play so I don't have an opinion on them. Drury doesn't seem ready. Ponomarev put up great numbers in Chicago last season but, like Jarvis and Drury, he's not big.

Old 07-01-2023, 11:31 AM

Fast.
Anderson.
Raanta.
Dmitry Orlov.

Nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary