Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 01:15 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,053,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
I'm not sure how posting that makes me obsessed but I do find more examples of her hypocritical nature humorous. All the more reason to ignore her.

What would make her hypocritical? Admittedly, I don't know her views on THC, but if I look at her "Issues" page, I would guess she is probably pro legalization. I mean I don't know anyone who is Pro Environment, Pro Affordable Housing, Pro Increased Public Transit and then all the sudden takes a hard right turn on the ganja.

Actually, strike that. 70% support legalization. So it wouldn't be a hard right turn, it would be a U turn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 02:20 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,433,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
What would make her hypocritical? Admittedly, I don't know her views on THC, but if I look at her "Issues" page, I would guess she is probably pro legalization. I mean I don't know anyone who is Pro Environment, Pro Affordable Housing, Pro Increased Public Transit and then all the sudden takes a hard right turn on the ganja.

Actually, strike that. 70% support legalization. So it wouldn't be a hard right turn, it would be a U turn.
So you support elected officials breaking the law? If it's illegal, she shouldn't be doing it. She is setting the example for the citizens. This is the same as her "I won't wear a mask, but you have to wear a mask" crusade.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-new...n-wake-county/

I seriously feel like I've died and gone to crazy land. You guys are seriously Ok with our governing officials attitude of "do as I say, not as I do"?

Old 06-24-2020, 02:31 PM

1,204 posts, read 776,196 times
Quote:
So you support elected officials breaking the law? If it's illegal, she shouldn't be doing it. She is setting the example for the citizens. This is the same as her "I won't wear a mask, but you have to wear a mask" crusade.

I seriously feel like I've died and gone to crazy land. You guys are seriously Ok with our governing officials attitude of "do as I say, not as I do"?

It could have been her husband's, her aid's, someone else's vape. Also, like what? So you can just look at it and say it's THC/illegal? It could have been CBD oil.

Old 06-24-2020, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
It could have been her husband's, her aid's, someone else's vape. Also, like what? So you can just look at it and say it's THC/illegal? It could have been CBD oil.
"Officer, I swear those drugs in my glovebox were my friends'! Why are you arresting me?"

If it wasn't illegal, why edit it out? Hmmm.

No excuses. I'm still in shock with all this BLM stuff why she gets a pass. It's not OK to treat a certain segment of the population different but if you're elected and a white woman, it's nbd. Smh.

Old 06-24-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:

In terms of the laws they (politicians) break routinely, I would put hitting a pen near the very bottom of my concerns, just slightly above not at all.

Now if she has run "Drugs are baaaaad mmmmmkay" as her policy position / or has the RPD out there chasing every nickle and dime bag (and I assume that is a THC cart and its hers), then ya I think you are on to something.

But in the scheme of things on the "do as I say, not as I do" category, not all are created equally, and THC related stuff I find especially silly.

Old 06-24-2020, 02:45 PM

1,204 posts, read 776,196 times
Quote:
In terms of the laws they (politicians) break routinely, I would put hitting a pen near the very bottom of my concerns, just slightly above not at all.

Now if she has run "Drugs are baaaaad mmmmmkay" as her policy position / or has the RPD out there chasing every nickle and dime bag (and I assume that is a THC cart and its hers), then ya I think you are on to something.

But in the scheme of things on the "do as I say, not as I do" category, not all are created equally, and THC related stuff I find especially silly.
^^ This.

Old 06-24-2020, 03:21 PM

Quote:

There should be zero arrests for it. Unfortunately, RPD didn't get the memo. If no arrests were being made I would side with you in theory however it still bugs the crap out of me she holds citizens to a higher standard than herself.

Old 06-24-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
There should be zero arrests for it. Unfortunately, RPD didn't get the memo. If no arrests were being made I would side with you in theory however it still bugs the crap out of me she holds citizens to a higher standard than herself.

I get what you are saying. They should be leading and setting the example.

Old 06-24-2020, 07:06 PM

Quote:
I get what you are saying. They should be leading and setting the example.
Exactly, something junior military officers learn in "How to be a Lt. 101"

Otherwise, people eventually dismiss you and you lose any semblance of respect from your men (citizens in this case).

She wasn't elected to be the "cool" mayor...she was elected to properly govern our city and lead our elected and unelected city officials and leading by example is the only long term path to success. This goes for companies, government, family, etc.

Old 06-24-2020, 07:13 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:

She wasn't elected to be the "cool" mayor...she was elected to properly govern our city and lead our elected and unelected city officials and leading by example is the only long term path to success. This goes for companies, government, family, etc.
Good advice. How about passing that along to the big guy with orange hair in Washington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary