Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2022, 06:50 PM

613 posts, read 1,017,521 times

Advertisements

Okay, you must have heard some "Coast to Coast" late at night. It starts at 1:00 a.m. on the east coast (U.S.). It's mostly about conspiracy theories. Now, I don't believe in Bigfoot, but the conversation is often intriguing for some reason or other. First, let me make my excuses. About 20 years ago when I was doing shift work I started turning on the radio when I went to bed late. I was mostly listening to talk radio, so it was parked on that station.

Here's one example from the early 2000s: some nut called and said that when he held his thumb and index finger exactly xx millimeters apart he became invisible! I was hooked. One of the semi-regular topics was "shadow people." What the hell? I'd heard of ghosts, clairvoyants, and UFOs, but I had to look this one up. Turns out people who abuse certain drugs for too long see shadow people. It just keeps getting better and better.

Now I fall asleep by 10:00 and regret that I can't really stay up late and listen to reruns with original host Art Bell. But when I am awake at 1:00 I turn it on and it makes me very nostalgic to hear what they call "Somewhere In Time" from, say, 2002 or 1998.

Does anyone else listen to the show for the same or other reasons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2022, 06:51 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,519,378 times
Nonsense then, nonsense now. But it was better than the nonsense that is now being spewed in it's place.

Old 06-20-2022, 04:43 PM

608 posts, read 516,075 times
I fall asleep with AM radio on. There's not much on anywhere else, but every night I hope the show won't have some Astrologist, or Psychic on. Unfortunately they are on fairly often. On those nights I find something else to listen to, anything else.

Old 06-21-2022, 09:38 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBNCHI View Post
Nonsense then, nonsense now. But it was better than the nonsense that is now being spewed in it's place.
But it was entertaining and compelling nonsense! At least when I listened to a lot of talk radio back in the day . I prefered the Art Bell years, but George Noory was good, too. I have not listened in years.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:42 PM

613 posts, read 1,017,521 times
George Noory is still hosting. I like listening to them both. I believe I've detected a hint of humoring from each of them with regard to some callers, on occasion.

There's one guy who's a guest once in a while. He sells some kind of diet supplements, and when anyone calls in for advice, no matter what disease they have, he tells them to take three bottles of some crap three times a day plus two bottles of some other crap, etc.

But yeah, no matter who is guesting or calling, the hosts seem intelligent and ... not crazy.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:08 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,418,487 times
I fell to sleep to "Coast to Coast" for years when Art Bell was hosting.

But I'm not satisfied with George Noory's interviewing skills. Sometimes I think he must be reading or playing computer games while his guest talks he's so off subject, generic or random. Either that or he just has poor listening skills.

And I'm tired of the constant commercials.

I do enjoy quirky subject matter though and have replaced "Coast to Coast" with podcasts. "Those Conspiracy Guys" are fun.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:02 AM

1,069 posts, read 746,209 times
I listened to Art Bell for many years. I currently listen nighty to his old programs on an iPhone app called Paranormal Radio. Sadly, twenty year old Art Bell pod casts are more interesting than anything currently broadcast on Coast to Coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio