Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2024, 06:12 PM

7,158 posts, read 12,717,987 times

Advertisements

Mine is my junk drawer in the kitchen...

No sooner do I clean it out, get it organized and all spiffy, it re-junks itself. I know the junk in there is breeding like a crazed rabbit the minute I turn my back...

Why even try to organize it??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2024, 07:05 AM

22,128 posts, read 13,151,603 times
The "pet" in "pet peeve" (not "pet hate") doesn't refer to pettiness, although everyone here seems to think the complaint must be trivial to qualify. Mine isn't -- smart phone addiction. It's downright scary.

Old 05-17-2024, 07:55 AM

22,680 posts, read 47,874,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Mine is my junk drawer in the kitchen...

No sooner do I clean it out, get it organized and all spiffy, it re-junks itself. I know the junk in there is breeding like a crazed rabbit the minute I turn my back...

Why even try to organize it??
My solution is to not have one at all.

Old 05-17-2024, 11:06 AM

20,452 posts, read 14,768,835 times
The fact that so many products that I really enjoyed have gone off the market. I get upset every time it happens. There have been products that vanished and I spent LITERAL YEARS looking every time I went to a store, just in the vain hope that they might reappear or be there in this store, this time. Part of that is because I've moved around the country a lot, and occasionally it actually happens that something just stopped being distributed to some region but was then available somewhere else. Creamy chicken ramen is still available in Phoenix area Basha's stores, but not in any store in Colorado Springs. Sweet soy sauce for rice can be got on Amazon or in a Walmart in Colorado, but nowhere here in Chandler. I was visiting CO last week and took one of my sons grocery shopping and darned if they did not have a favorite kind of taco shells that I'd forgotten they existed, since they don't sell them down here in AZ as far as I've seen.

But nowhere do I find... Key Lime Stewart's soda, Lender's Big & Crusty bagels, Keebler Magic Middles cookies, Screamin' Sicilian stuffed crust frozen pizza, Pepperidge Farm Ojai lemon sugar cookies, butter brickle ice cream, Screaming Yellow Zonkers popcorn (I have a sweet tooth, can you tell?), Infusium 23 hair conditioner, KC Masterpiece Steakhouse marinade, or probably a dozen other things I used to love that have vanished from the market...but still live on in my memories.

/sigh

*shakes fist, not at clouds, but at the obnoxious overhead lights at any given Walmart*

Old 05-17-2024, 11:11 AM

1,269 posts, read 574,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
"Safety packaging" LOL. There are statistics that show ER visits for knife cuts greatly increased after all that became common. Trying to get into those damn packages! It's crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HubZInAs0-A

Old 05-17-2024, 02:06 PM

6,497 posts, read 4,032,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Hair ties/wraps, pony tail holders...whatever you want to call them.

My hair is long and from Time to time I need a ponytail holder. More often than not they get tangled in my hair and at times I get so frustrated with them I want to cut l my hair off. Right then. With whatever is available. A kitchen knife would do.
I assume you're talking about using them for the top of your hair (rather than the end of a braid of whatever) and having to pull the whole length of your hair through them several times?

Try the bungee type. Just wrap around to put on and unwrap to take off. Also, easier to make tight because you can do it as tight as you want, rather than "as tight as you can get a doubled-up length of your hair through and then it's too loose once you let go."

https://www.amazon.com/Kitsch-Bungee.../dp/B07981MM8M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSrBloR-JaE

Old 05-17-2024, 02:09 PM

11,866 posts, read 6,218,388 times
Ugly cars. They are almost all ugly today, so it grieves me deeply.

Old 05-17-2024, 02:29 PM

4,050 posts, read 2,737,614 times
Couples who insist on walking side-by-side down narrow aisles that others are trying to go down as well. I get that you guys are lovey-dovey, but the phrase 'become as one flesh' is a figure of speech, you're still two separate individuals occupying two separate space. Go single file and let others get around you.

Old 05-17-2024, 02:32 PM

2,675 posts, read 2,247,157 times
My pet peeve is people who don't communicate effectively.

Old 05-17-2024, 02:36 PM

22,680 posts, read 47,874,416 times
People who drone on about a single issue, ad nauseum.
Predictable and quite boring…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology