Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2022, 07:04 AM

30,467 posts, read 21,316,648 times

Advertisements

I have a big 1 but only use it the fries and tater tots and chicken bites. I tried to cook a drum stick and it took over 20 mins and had no tatse. Don't think i would ever try a whole chicken since i got a big green egg meg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2022, 07:18 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,429,576 times
Interestingly enough, most of the people I know who were on the bandwagon about a year or two ago, have fallen out of favor with them. I mean, they still think they're good, but use them less and less frequently.
I had one friend who was using it for everything for a few months, and I don't know why exactly but I know she is not using it so much any more.

Old 12-03-2022, 09:03 AM

30,467 posts, read 21,316,648 times
I just used mine.

Old 12-03-2022, 09:31 AM

15,072 posts, read 10,118,026 times
Used ours last night.. Egg rolls!

Old 12-03-2022, 10:06 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,796,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Interestingly enough, most of the people I know who were on the bandwagon about a year or two ago, have fallen out of favor with them. I mean, they still think they're good, but use them less and less frequently.
I had one friend who was using it for everything for a few months, and I don't know why exactly but I know she is not using it so much any more.
I started using one 6 years ago. That was my first airfryer and it just died. Not bad for a $90 appliance. Once in a while I don't use it for a week or two. Then my laziness, lack of patience, and lack of cooking skills bring me back to the airfryer.

Old 12-04-2022, 05:45 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,466,659 times
We were late to the Air Fryer party, having got our first one, a 7-qt. Gourmet air fryer, at Costco when we joined Costco for the first time last year. I haven't used it myself, but my husband likes it and cooks a variety of items in it. Lately i notice an odor that may come from the non-stick coating so I would like to replace it with a more versatile unit that doesn't have a non-stick coating, but we don't want a $300+ unit. Therefore, I am been looking into the Ninja Foodi 9-in-1 Digital Air Fry Toaster Oven that is on sale at Costco for $140. It's 13" wide inside, and it tilts up when not in use to save room on the counter.

Does anyone here have experience with this appliance?

Old 12-07-2022, 06:50 AM

50,880 posts, read 36,563,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
We still use ours just about every day. I only use it when I heat frozen foods (breaded chicken, egg rolls, tator tots, corn dogs, etc) but we also use it to make our own breaded chicken, chicken legs and thighs, etc. I even made homemade fried shrimp in it. More and more packages of frozen foods now have air fryer cooking directions on the package.

Old 12-07-2022, 08:35 PM

6,111 posts, read 2,734,769 times
I got my first Cosori air fryer last summer. And I love it, I make Burgers, Fries, onion rings, steaks, pork chops, fried chicken etc in it.

less messy than cooking on the stove or in the oven. Will it replace the Microwave? probably not but it's the next best thing.

Old 12-08-2022, 09:03 AM

6,828 posts, read 14,047,739 times
I bought a air fryer and instant pot on the same day. I must say I use both of them alot. For me the air fryer is good for quick snacks while the instant pot is better for cooking foods that normally take a long time to cook. Both of these appliances were good purchases in my kitchen.

Old 12-08-2022, 10:34 AM

9,520 posts, read 9,836,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaRider View Post
Air fryers are nice, but they are just glorified single purpose convection ovens. Just use the convection feature on your oven.
A regular sized convection oven uses way more energy than an air fryer. The cooking principles are the same, but the air fryer does the job quickly and more intensely, with crispier results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews