Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 07:42 AM

910 posts, read 2,983,499 times

Advertisements

hey i live in indiana to and i loved that game! i do like the colts but no matter who the steelers face, ill always root for them!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 08:20 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Living in Indy, it still hurts to watch this! That was a horrible day!!
Sorry X! I do like the Colts and Tony Dungy. I cheer for them when they aren't playing the Steelers But, it had to be done--it was our chosen path to the SB victory! You can be proud of the way the Colts played that game...I thought it was over when Bettis fumbled the ball. To the rescue--BIG BEN saves the day!

Old 06-28-2008, 08:21 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,054,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
hey i live in indiana to and i loved that game! i do like the colts but no matter who the steelers face, ill always root for them!!
I'll never forget the feeling I had when Bettis fumbled at the end of the game, just before Big Ben made the TD saving tackle, do you remember? That was one heck of an ending but I have to be honest, the zebras did a horrible job in favor of the Colts, that Polamalu interception being called back was redicilous, so at the end, the better team won!

Old 06-28-2008, 08:23 AM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
That Colts kicker really shanked that field-goal try in that game. But yeah, i think the steelers were the better team that day.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I'll never forget the feeling I had when Bettis fumbled at the end of the game, just before Big Ben made the TD saving tackle, do you remember? That was one heck of an ending but I have to be honest, the zebras did a horrible job in favor of the Colts, that Polamalu interception being called back was redicilous, so at the end, the better team won!
OH, I remember how I felt when Bettis fumbled. No lie-- I was on my knees praying and crying in front of my TV saying "Please God, don't let his career end like this" because Jerome was retiring after that year. My heart stopped. I have never been prouder of Ben for coming through when it meant the most.

It is so nice to hear a Colts fan agreeing about the Polamalu interception call back! I was so mad when the refs called that back. That was complete bullsh*t.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:23 PM

ill give the indianapolis colts some credit on parts of that because they forced "the bus" to fumble, and that never happens!! i also have to admit they did a good job moving to field goal range on that last drive, and when i was watching it, i thought i knew the game was over, i thought that the colts should of won that, but it was just bad luck! but then i found out the better team did win, and i didnt care about it anymore because the steelers won the superbowl!!

but still an unforgetable game though

Old 06-28-2008, 06:18 PM

who im really looking forward next year on the pittsburgh steelers that we havent mentioned that much is Troy Polomolu, best saftey alive!! he is fun to watch, whether its his hair, or just how physical he is and his hard hits that can break legs, hes just inspiring for me to watch.

and a message to you furnie boy, is that you cant make fun of a true champion, its imposibe. especially with Troy Polomolu

Old 06-28-2008, 09:26 PM

Palamalu is my favorite Steeler now that the Bus has retired. I have his jersey.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:15 AM

i would love to have his jersey if i could find it anywhere, all they have in stores over here is peyton manning, marvin harrison, regie wayne, etc.. but no troy polamalu

Old 07-06-2008, 08:28 AM

Thumbs up Davenport

Did you guys hear about Najeh Davenport getting released? that guy sucks, he was horrible when he filled in for Willie Parker, Rooney found out that we dont need someone like him when we have Parker and Mendenhall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football