Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 07:04 PM

4,306 posts, read 2,501,622 times

Advertisements

Guys, it is over. We are entering into full blown woke communist tyranny, and nothing can stop it. Delusional, complacent "conservatives" keep hallucinating that the wokeness is going away. Sure, compared to the utter fever pitch of 2020, things have calmed down a little- but compared to ten years ago, the cultural and political environment has become severely more woke, feminist, leftist, etc, and things will continue to move in this direction in the future.

No, we will not become like Brazil or South Africa. We would be unbelievably fortunate if we only ended up being as bad as those places. No, we are going to become a modern woke version of Stalinist USSR. This is why I am making plans to leave the US for good no later than 2027. Expecting things to miraculously turn around and improve at this point, is like expecting a shattered vase to float up to the table from which it fell, and mend itself back together again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2024, 07:41 PM

6,819 posts, read 3,068,605 times
Well, not with that attitude, mister!

Stick around.

All this wokey pokey will be considered 'ok, boomer' material eventually as the new wave of counter-culture angst will rebel against even that.

Just keep far from the Blue cities as they deteriorate. Usually, at that rock bottom, they'd be the next hot place to gentrify, but this time they can't count on that as things become more and more non-local.

Old 05-20-2024, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Well, not with that attitude, mister!

Stick around.

All this wokey pokey will be considered 'ok, boomer' material eventually as the new wave of counter-culture angst will rebel against even that.

Just keep far from the Blue cities as they deteriorate. Usually, at that rock bottom, they'd be the next hot place to gentrify, but this time they can't count on that as things become more and more non-local.

The "blue cities" will not go down alone. They will drag everyone else down with them.

If you wish to stay in the USSA, you have my condolences.

I am fleeing, most likely to Kenya or Tanzania. I am leaning Swahili as we speak.

Old 05-20-2024, 07:58 PM

29,885 posts, read 25,023,981 times
America follows one fad to another. Ever since Obama, far leftism has been the flavor of the day. But that was challenged by "MAGA... And now "MAGA" is making a big resurgence. So maybe we hit peak far left around 2016 through COVID? I think Covid is what really solidified the downfall of the hard far left shift that started after the great recession.

Old 05-20-2024, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
America follows one fad to another. Ever since Obama, far leftism has been the flavor of the day. But that was challenged by "MAGA... And now "MAGA" is making a big resurgence. So maybe we hit peak far left around 2016 through COVID? I think Covid is what really solidified the downfall of the far left movement that started after the great recession.
The woke cultural revolution continued even as your Savior Trump was president, and reached a fever pitch in 2020.

Believe me, there is no voting our way out of this.

Old 05-20-2024, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
The woke cultural revolution continued even as your Savior Trump was president, and reached a fever pitch in 2020.

Believe me, there is no voting our way out of this.

I can criticize Biden all I want. And I do it often. Try criticizing the leader in your new home country and see how that works out for you. Than we will have this discussion when you have more clarity and understanding of the things you are attempting to speak about.

Old 05-20-2024, 08:03 PM

73,184 posts, read 62,875,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
America follows one fad to another. Ever since Obama, far leftism has been the flavor of the day. But that was challenged by "MAGA... And now "MAGA" is making a big resurgence. So maybe we hit peak far left around 2016 through COVID? I think Covid is what really solidified the downfall of the hard far left shift that started after the great recession.
I am not with the far left or MAGA. I don't want extremes.

Old 05-20-2024, 08:10 PM

13,621 posts, read 21,436,325 times
I wouldn't say it's over although the downturn certainly has taken great strides. Gonna leave?, where ya gonna go?. Europe is going down the tube faster than the U.S, so is Canada. You can go to south or central America but then you are living in already turmoil there unless you live in a gated compound. Ireland? sorry the globalists got to it already also. Australia or NZ?, maybe but they have their own globalist problems also.

Or maybe better, find a state in the U.S to your liking and hold the line locally and state wise there. Patriots need to stay not flee.

However I don't agree with the Stalin type assessment, I see more of a Chinese style overlord where surveillance and a social credit system keeps people silent and intimidated but still allows people certain freedom of movement and lifestyle. In the mix of this will be criminal organizations that run tandem controlling everything much like how Mexico is.

Old 05-20-2024, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I wouldn't say it's over although the downturn certainly has taken great strides. Gonna leave?, where ya gonna go?. Europe is going down the tube faster than the U.S, so is Canada. You can go to south or central America but then you are living in already turmoil there unless you live in a gated compound. Ireland? sorry the globalists got to it already also. Australia or NZ?, maybe but they have their own globalist problems also.

Or maybe better, find a state in the U.S to your liking and hold the line locally and state wise there. Patriots need to stay not flee.

However I don't agree with the Stalin type assessment, I see more of a Chinese style overlord where surveillance and a social credit system keeps people silent and intimidated but still allows people certain freedom of movement and lifestyle. In the mix of this will be criminal organizations that run tandem controlling everything much like how Mexico is.
No, America is the worst. Take the issue of immigration- Americans like to disparage European countries for their immigration, but the US right now effectively has no southern border. I think I'm five years time, almost anywhere will be better to live than America.

Old 05-20-2024, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I am not with the far left or MAGA. I don't want extremes.

Looks like you'll be voting 3rd party again, and I certainly wouldn't try to sway your decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies