Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM

24,647 posts, read 17,381,192 times

Advertisements

My wife and I went to Gettysburg a few years back and it was everything that Trump said it was. Leave it to Jon Stewart to pick and choose what he wants to hear and feel and then in the end trash Trump with his interpretation.

This is like Trump and his Charleston comments. He was right that there were good people on both sides of the issue just like there were good people on both sides in the Civil War.

It's crazy how the Left chooses only to see most things in Black or White, Right or Wrong with nothing in between and when it comes to Trump there is only wrong in their feeble minds.

Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM

5,211 posts, read 3,143,102 times
Stewart is bought and paid for. I’d call him a presstitute, but then he never claimed to be a journalist. Nowadays he’s just a carnival barker.

Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM

20,273 posts, read 21,021,518 times
John Stewart, is an uneducated braindead jackass loser. Just like the rest of the Lefty Loser Club. Such a douchebag.

Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM

7,498 posts, read 3,627,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Calling out the writers (regardless of their political leanings) for putting out so-called unoriginal material isn’t going to convince most people Mr. Trump’s own words regarding Gettysburg are not laughable, immature, and lack the appropriate gravitas. Certainly other politicians (including Mr. Biden) choose their words poorly and come across as rubes, so this is not unique. However, commentary such as yours doesn’t diminish the pathetic and laughable manner in which Mr. Trump articulated his statement.

By the way, I watch the Daily Show with some regularity and they frequently show Mr. Biden’s verbal blunders. They are cringe worthy in their own right, but the idea that they hate Trump is the reason they put this stuff out is absurd. They may well hate Trump, but the absurdity of his (and others’) statements is what gets the Show’s attention.

Why is it so hard for MAGAs to say, “Yeah, Trump’s still my guy, but that really was a stupid/funny/absurd/etc, thing to say?” For me, I think it’s pathetic that Mr. Biden is talking about his uncle being eaten by cannibals (or whatever), but Trump sucks so hard, he’s the better alternative. Most Trump haters are not voting for a Biden——they are voting against Trump. Very understandable.
I like Jon Stewart but my point is he makes a joke about Trump being dumb that other people wrote to an anti-Trump audience. I am voting for Biden by the way.

Old Yesterday, 12:18 PM

2,047 posts, read 889,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I like Jon Stewart but my point is he makes a joke about Trump being dumb that other people wrote to an anti-Trump audience. I am voting for Biden by the way.
I'm curious of why you or anyone else would vote for a man in the depths of dementia. I understand not voting for Trump, but I cannot understand how anyone would give this administration four more years in power.

Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM

27,240 posts, read 15,408,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Thread fail...

We have no shortage of videos wherein politicians say really stupid things. Some more stupid than others. So if you want to go there, we can.

Guam...
It's a good thing that Johnson warned about this before it was too late......right?

Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM

27,240 posts, read 15,408,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
What is the problem with what Trump said?

He said the battle was horrible and vicious, 'but beautiful in some ways.'

There was beauty in dedication to country, cause, your brothers in arms. The park is hauntingly beautiful today with natural beauty and monument/sculpture beauty.

The cemetery is home to arguably the greatest speech in US history with words that have captivated generations.

It is TDS to think this is a huge gotcha.

Biden described Arlington National Cemetery as beautiful. Please wake me when propagandist Jon Stewart shrieks about how bad it is to describe Arlington Cemetery as beautiful when it's about people dying in gore on civil war battlefields and other wars, as well as assassinated people like JFK.

It was only "wrong," because Trump said it.

https://youtube.com/live/il5cTUuwg4k...kgcwU5KSDxZ11R
Might remind all that Arlington was Lee's homestead.

Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM

8,052 posts, read 3,554,172 times
I'm not sure anyone who voted for Biden is in a position to mock another president's intelligence. Especially if you plan to vote for him again.

Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM

38,287 posts, read 22,300,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Gettysburg. Wow.” -Donald Trump and also Jon Stewart’s 7th grade book report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjZ0un61IRM
And Biden makes GW Bush look like a smooth talking intellectual genius.

Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM

4,250 posts, read 2,557,922 times
Trump has a strange sense of history. He seems to not realize the American Revolution and the War of 1812 were not the same wars and that there were no airplanes during that era:

"In June of 1775, the Continental Congress created a unified Army out of the Revolutionary Forces encamped around Boston and New York, and named after the great George Washington, commander in chief. The Continental Army suffered a bitter winter of Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware and seized victory from Cornwallis of Yorktown.

"Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rocket’s red glare it had nothing but victory, and when dawn came, their star-spangled banner waved defiant."

Donald Trump, July 4, 2019
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.