Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2024, 07:40 AM

30,202 posts, read 18,775,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Federal Court: Parents in Maryland School District Cannot Opt K-5 Children Out of LGBTQ Curriculum
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...tq-curriculum/

Your children do not belong to you; they belong to the government.
It's just driving the families who value education from the public schools. The public schools are becoming warehousing for the future unemployed and criminals of America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2024, 07:43 AM

30,202 posts, read 18,775,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
BS

You can always homeschool instead.

We homeschooled our five children [one biological son, one adopted son, and three foster children].
One adopted and three foster kids? Holy crap- you have done God's work.

We are very well to do, yet in our early 60s, with grown children. I've talked to my wife about getting some foster kids who would go to private schools, be members of the country club, go on nice vacations, and have people who be involved with homework and thier lives, but the wife says we are too old.

Old 05-18-2024, 07:49 AM

25,888 posts, read 16,605,708 times
Why we need a constitutional amendment separating politics from education at all levels. Much like separation of church and state.

Old 05-18-2024, 08:02 AM

37,550 posts, read 61,623,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
One adopted and three foster kids? Holy crap- you have done God's work.

We are very well to do, yet in our early 60s, with grown children. I've talked to my wife about getting some foster kids who would go to private schools, be members of the country club, go on nice vacations, and have people who be involved with homework and thier lives, but the wife says we are too old.
With our adopted son, he was originally a foster placement. Six months into the placement I was ordered to transfer to my next duty station [in a different state] so the caseworkers sent the case to a judge who agreed to skip all further waiting periods and finalized the adoption. Once we left that state, it was all final. the stress on us was minimal.

Dealing with the state foster care system can be very stressful.

The second time that we did foster care, the system was never able to make any placements. We gave it five years but nothing materialized.

The third time we did foster care, was right after I had retired. So we had no plans of moving again.

Caseworkers would come into our home at least once every week to 'check on things'. Due to their training some case workers are very suspicious, so they conduct 'investigations' [even though they are NOT trained law enforcement]. As a foster-parent, you have no right to privacy. They can walk into your home at midnight and start firing questions at you.

The experience was very rough on us.

Old 05-18-2024, 08:46 AM
Status: "Wasting time in the internet, just like you." (set 6 days ago)

1,291 posts, read 671,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
BS

You can always homeschool instead.

We homeschooled our five children [one biological son, one adopted son, and three foster children].
Per the bolded, that depends on where you live.

My own parents were emergency foster care providers for 23 years, they began that when I, as the oldest of my parents 3 biological children, was about 8 years old. Emergency placements turned into longer term placements for several of these kids coming from troubled environs.

When I was 13, my parents enrolled me and my younger 2 biological siblings in a private, church related, 2 room country style school (grade 8 for me). The 2 foster kids in our home at the time? Nope. The county did not allow this private church related schooling for them while they were in our home. This was in the 70's, but I believe the religious environment in our home at the time was likely the reason it was not allowed.

Home schooling was then proposed by my parents to the county for these two kids at the time. Again, nope. They had to attend the local public school while under our roof as the only option.

I always thought that my parents were providing a much needed service to get troubled kids out of bad environments on very short notice, often in the middle of the night, and the pittance of compensation from the county was so small that was not a motivating factor.
They did it for the kids, 100%, but I always thought they let the county social workers push them around too often. My parents lost count at some point, but I know at least 40 some kids were brought to our home over those years. They adopted a 10 month old baby that showed up with a man's size hand shaped bruise on her face, when she became, and still is, my youngest sister. Her bio parents lost all custody of her while she was in our home. I am still friends to this day with two other longer term child placements.

Last edited by AZ Desert Guy; 05-18-2024 at 09:30 AM..

Old 05-18-2024, 09:13 AM

8,351 posts, read 3,559,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I thought Democrats told us that nobody was talking to kindergartners about issues of gender. What gives?!

I’m really tired of this sick obsession that Democrats have with introducing LITTLE KIDS to these topics. Why not just let them be kids? They have plenty of time to contemplate issues of gender and sexuality later in life. Sickening.
They are unrepentant liars. They are not coming for your guns, either.

Old 05-18-2024, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
And do what? Pay $30,000 a year for private school?
Homeschooling can be a lot cheaper than that.

Old 05-18-2024, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
If the teachers/staff cannot stick to math, English, writing, geography, science, etc, etc, etc, they need to be thrown out on their ears. Let them get jobs in sex shops, bordellos, and strip clubs. It's like a mega-fetish. If they can't think about anything besides sex and "gender," they need mental help.

That sums it up quite nicely. There really is no other legitimate reason for this obsession besides evil.

I read a good book about exactly that a few months ago. The author related this sex/gender/child obsession to satanism and historical Satan worshippers. I'll have to read it again. It was actually quite sobering.
Do you remember the name of the book?

Old 05-18-2024, 09:18 AM

7,824 posts, read 6,415,997 times
Fathers need to go back to being men and have little chit-chats with teachers

Old 05-18-2024, 09:50 AM
Status: "Wasting time in the internet, just like you." (set 6 days ago)

1,291 posts, read 671,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Federal Court: Parents in Maryland School District Cannot Opt K-5 Children Out of LGBTQ Curriculum
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...tq-curriculum/

Your children do not belong to you; they belong to the government.
Montgomery county, MD. Does not surprise me one bit.

I moved from Pretoria, South Africa to my new job in Washington DC in 2006 when I was in the military.

School choice ended up driving where we lived. After looking at all the places we could live around the beltway area, we chose Frederick county as the best balance of schools, living, and a commute that would not quite grind the soul out of me.

Montgomery county had the best balance of housing and commute, but even in 2006 the indoctrination at the schools seemed to be more than what we wanted. The more I learned, the less I wanted my daughters in those schools. My wife found a condo in Rockville for rent that was a very good price, but the schools in that area, ehhhhhh..........

So I ended up spending over 2 hours a day driving from our rural home into Wash DC.

And it was worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies