Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2024, 07:10 AM

4,183 posts, read 4,199,932 times

Advertisements

Today's US military like the college student is a total joke.

It is not China that take down US in the next 20 years, it is from within with this group of clowns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2024, 09:03 AM

78,784 posts, read 60,963,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
So, they shouldn't know beforehand if someone shot and killed a person, or robbed a bank, etc. before filing charges against them?
If you are unfamiliar with the concept of "presumption of innocence" and thus the use of the word allegedly until found guilty and think it means they don't have proof, I cannot help you.

Old 05-16-2024, 06:37 PM

39,343 posts, read 27,744,099 times
I was 8 years old when my dear brother joined the Marine Corps. Well, my uncle was a Marine too. In my humble opinion, Marine Corps was more egalitarian than the civilian world. I don't know how to describe it, but Marines are very different.

I think the reality is that racism against their fellow members of the military tends to be very rare. I guess this is just human nature, they have to learn very quickly to throw their prejudice out of window when they depend on each other to survive. Well, both my brother and fiance were combat Marines, so I don't think there is any "racism" in their units.

Looks like this person might suffer from some kind of undiagnosed mental illness. He seemed suicidal.

He didn't get to talk honestly about race, stereotypes, and so on with his fellow Marines? Where does this hate come from?

I am not really surprised by this though. They now have a different Marine Corps. For example, they used to have this thing called "gold wing pinning ceremony" (and my brother went through it), now it is called hazing.

Old 05-16-2024, 06:47 PM

7,676 posts, read 4,016,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Those crazy maga white nationalists , at it again. Hurry up , we need to ban ar15's so the possibility of this won't happen.
That's what they want. Without legal gun ownership it would be open season on white people.

Old 05-16-2024, 06:48 PM

13,996 posts, read 8,156,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This guy was posting his plans to commit race based mass murder months before he joined the Marines. Doesn't our military do even a cursory background check?

"A Marine was arrested in New Jersey after he allegedly threatened to kill White people in various social media posts and apparently began planning a mass shooting, federal prosecutors said.

Joshua Cobb, 23, of Trenton, was brought into custody on Friday, May 10, and was charged with transmitting a threat in interstate and foreign commerce after he allegedly posted statements online bragging about his interest in becoming a serial killer and threatening to "cause mayhem on the White community," according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-jerse...s-shooting.amp
Speaking of the military. Back in the day I had an acquaintance who graduated from UC Berkeley with a degree in mathematics and science. After graduating he was recruited and hired by the defense department. (if I recall starting pay was 90k a year - 1983 dollars.)

Years later I ran into him and asked about the time he spent working for the military. He smiled and among other things said, "You can paint a string yellow and sell it to the military as a gold chain."

Old 05-16-2024, 06:54 PM

73,184 posts, read 62,875,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I don't know why any White American born male, or female, would ever join the armed forces at this point.

I have several retired military family members and they agree, they would never enlist today under the current "leadership", or really total lack of credible leadership.

They have painted a target on the backs of Whites with falsities and spin. Then wonder why they're not enlisting. Ignorant, irresponsible, and shameful.
I do know of some White American males who would join the military. I know of some who are currently in the military now.

Old 05-16-2024, 07:02 PM

73,184 posts, read 62,875,880 times
Quote:
This guy was posting his plans to commit race based mass murder months before he joined the Marines. Doesn't our military do even a cursory background check?

"A Marine was arrested in New Jersey after he allegedly threatened to kill White people in various social media posts and apparently began planning a mass shooting, federal prosecutors said.

Joshua Cobb, 23, of Trenton, was brought into custody on Friday, May 10, and was charged with transmitting a threat in interstate and foreign commerce after he allegedly posted statements online bragging about his interest in becoming a serial killer and threatening to "cause mayhem on the White community," according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-jerse...s-shooting.amp
There have been gang members of all stripes who have served in the U.S. military. History Channel show Gangland did an episode on gangs in the military. While the vast majority of military personnel are decent people, there are some gang members who have gotten into the military. Crips, Bloods, Surenos, Nortenos, MS13, Neo-Nazi skinheads, Tiny Rascals Gang, Asian Boyz, etc. American gang members in the military have been found in places like Germany. Gang graffiti has been found in Iraq.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL3XFKIvSpY

Old 05-17-2024, 02:56 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,795 posts, read 4,168,846 times
It's hard to find a pic of the guy, though I found a couple of sites for this story that had what looked like some stock picture of a white guy being interrogated by a black female. Cynic that I am, I dug a little deeper and found Mr. Cobb's pic. Black dude. Let's see if this is on the network news tonight.

Old 05-17-2024, 02:59 PM

16,744 posts, read 8,725,868 times
Quote:
He was the right color, so everything else is ignored.

Old 05-17-2024, 03:16 PM

38,334 posts, read 22,331,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I don't know why any White American born male, or female, would ever join the armed forces at this point.

I have several retired military family members and they agree, they would never enlist today under the current "leadership", or really total lack of credible leadership.

They have painted a target on the backs of Whites with falsities and spin. Then wonder why they're not enlisting. Ignorant, irresponsible, and shameful.
When I served the only people you needed to worry about were the perpetually angry women looking to invent sexual harassment, even if none existed. They walked around with a permanent biatch face and chip on their shoulder, just looking for the slightest of breeze to blow their way.

As far as racial problems go, I don't even recall any.

I remember being on deployment with my unit. A visiting female captain entered the room where a half dozen men were working. Five guys were reading magazines, one of the guys was leafing thru a Playboy magazine, the other was the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition. As soon as she entered they closed their books and put them away in a desk drawer. She debriefed us and left.

Everyone went to lunch, leaving one junior man behind. That captain returned, burst the door open, and demanded to have all the magazines the men were reading, be handed over to her. He complied, and she tossed them all into a dumpster. Long story short, our CO made her apologize to the entire unit. Then had her buy one copy of every girly magazine at the local post exchange, since there were dozen or so magazines stolen from the men, and most were out of print.

Today the numbers of people with chips on their shoulders, makes everyone walk on eggshells. Unit morale in those units must be suffering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies