Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2023, 01:37 PM

11,081 posts, read 6,893,394 times

Advertisements

...what ethnicity, nationality, race, culture do you most resonate with? Top 3?

Mine are: Native American (Southwest where I grew up), Middle East, and East Indian. I would choose Native American if I could be anything else than what I am because of their ancient natural religion and their way of life.

It's a toss-up between Middle Eastern and East Indian because it would be difficult to choose between the two.

The video footage is poor quality but it's such a treat to see people truly living off the land, the animals, the seasons. No artificial anything. Northeastern Arizona. Really beautiful country, multigenerational family life and cooperation, crop growing, sheep herding, rug weaving, wool dyeing, and other activities and customs. I've always felt an affinity for the Southwest Natives.

https://youtu.be/OqurstPL6kI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2023, 08:00 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
I believe in a biblical reincarnation, I was Baptist then Pentecostal for decades and then converted to Messianic Judaism. A person could present a pretty good biblical debate about reincarnation if they were of the mind to. I am Irish and Scottish but I have cousins trying to prove they were Native American for decades but when my daighter did the test, she is all Scottish, Irish, and Scandinavian. I always thought my grandmother was mostly native American but in the light of my daughter's test, I just dont know, I know I had a great great grandmothher who was Native and she lost everything because she was a Native when she and her childten after her husband died, their family took everything.

Old 06-06-2023, 08:55 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,558,478 times
Reincarnation is a really interesting topic, I recently read a book on past life regression and it's fascinating as an idea. Personally I've always felt Scandinavian, I remember as a boy of 6 or 7 really badgering my parents to take us to Sweden (they never did). I like the idea of genetic memory too - things like phobias, where do they come from, could they be something passed down from a life before our current one? I have an Irish grandmother, never set foot outside of Ireland and she has a phobia of snakes. As we all know, there are no snakes in Ireland, so from where did that deep irrational fear come from? We have no idea, and and I don't suppose we'll ever know.

I'm not 100% sold on the idea of reincarnation, but I suspect, if it is true, at some point you would have found me celebrating the midnight sun on a June evening in Scandinavia.

Old 06-06-2023, 04:38 PM

19,037 posts, read 27,614,590 times
We will all find out soon enough, aight, mates?

Old 06-06-2023, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Reincarnation is a really interesting topic, I recently read a book on past life regression and it's fascinating as an idea. Personally I've always felt Scandinavian, I remember as a boy of 6 or 7 really badgering my parents to take us to Sweden (they never did). I like the idea of genetic memory too - things like phobias, where do they come from, could they be something passed down from a life before our current one? I have an Irish grandmother, never set foot outside of Ireland and she has a phobia of snakes. As we all know, there are no snakes in Ireland, so from where did that deep irrational fear come from? We have no idea, and and I don't suppose we'll ever know.

I'm not 100% sold on the idea of reincarnation, but I suspect, if it is true, at some point you would have found me celebrating the midnight sun on a June evening in Scandinavia.
Thanks for sharing. I think most of us do have an affinity for a certain country or two or three. Genetic memory.... yes. I feel that very strongly when I am in the desert Southwest, and felt it when I was in the Middle East.

Old 06-06-2023, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
We will all find out soon enough, aight, mates?
Yup, few years ago I was just getting used to the idea of being 21, sadly I was almost 60 at the time, all me an Johnny got left is hurting ourselves to see if we still feel. Hard finding forgiveness for one's self trying to look past a mountain of regret. Getting old is hell, better to have been born a sociopath almost.

https://youtu.be/x-MLybUOI30

Well, I had fun some of the time, but in my next life I will be born as Elvis, I just know it. You ever wonder if there is just one of us?

Old 06-07-2023, 06:33 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yup, few years ago I was just getting used to the idea of being 21, sadly I was almost 60 at the time, all me an Johnny got left is hurting ourselves to see if we still feel. Hard finding forgiveness for one's self trying to look past a mountain of regret. Getting old is hell, better to have been born a sociopath almost.

Well, I had fun some of the time, but in my next life I will be born as Elvis, I just know it. You ever wonder if there is just one of us?
Aw, love Johnny. Ring of Fire was one of the first albums I ever had.

Old 06-07-2023, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

Interesting turn of the conversation Hannibal... one I didn't expect but perhaps should have. The human experience is usually one of suffering, to varying degrees. Do sociopaths suffer? It doesn't seem like it, but they do in a different way. I believe they are tortured twisted human beings, and yes, they deserve compassion as difficult as that is to accomplish.

I never suffered substance abuse (except coffee and sugar ) but there has been plenty of suffering and it continues. I had to send my beloved dog over the Rainbow Bridge yesterday and I am absolutely gutted. I believe we will see each other again. A rescue friend told me that her vet long ago said, "you won't need to look for him. He'll find you first." I believe that.

One thing I do know is that death makes one want to be a better person, and do better. Do better for him, to honor him. Do better for all the suffering humans and animals out there. Some people and dogs never get someone who cares about them to the ends of the earth. I dedicate my tears to all those dogs who weren't and aren't as fortunate as my beloved dog, an abuse rescue. He rescued me and his pack sister. Today we are both intensely grieving. I've learned so much from him. He endured incredible abuse but was sweet, gentle, kind, wise and patient. A Watcher. I'm so thankful for our all our amazing times together, and for his sweet, kind, gentle vet in recent times. One can't ask for any more than all that.

Hannibal, thanks for sharing. You've also helped me on another thread about alcohol brain, which I didn't know about and needed to understand. I wish there were something I could do to help my friend but it's his journey.

Old 06-07-2023, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Interesting turn of the conversation Hannibal... one I didn't expect but perhaps should have. The human experience is usually one of suffering, to varying degrees. Do sociopaths suffer? It doesn't seem like it, but they do in a different way. I believe they are tortured twisted human beings, and yes, they deserve compassion as difficult as that is to accomplish.

I never suffered substance abuse (except coffee and sugar ) but there has been plenty of suffering and it continues. I had to send my beloved dog over the Rainbow Bridge yesterday and I am absolutely gutted. I believe we will see each other again. A rescue friend told me that her vet long ago said, "you won't need to look for him. He'll find you first." I believe that.

One thing I do know is that death makes one want to be a better person, and do better. Do better for him, to honor him. Do better for all the suffering humans and animals out there. Some people and dogs never get someone who cares about them to the ends of the earth. I dedicate my tears to all those dogs who weren't and aren't as fortunate as my beloved dog, an abuse rescue. He rescued me and his pack sister. Today we are both intensely grieving. I've learned so much from him. He endured incredible abuse but was sweet, gentle, kind, wise and patient. A Watcher. I'm so thankful for our all our amazing times together, and for his sweet, kind, gentle vet in recent times. One can't ask for any more than all that.

Hannibal, thanks for sharing. You've also helped me on another thread about alcohol brain, which I didn't know about and needed to understand. I wish there were something I could do to help my friend but it's his journey.
Wow what a sweet story but really sad about your buddy, I had a friend like that once, a very expensive fawn Doberman that convinced everyone he met that he was human, O'le Shadrack. I studded him out 300 miles away and got the best freaking rare blue pup anyone ever saw, I had never seen a blue Doberman before, never saw anything like it. The people I studded him to in San Antone followed me home and took both my dogs.

Shadrack was the biggest, heaveist doberman because I rode bikes and motorcycles and he was always running.

About a year after Shad was taken, he came walking up in the yard almost dead having no weight that I didnt recognize him, but OMG, that day and many days after were such miracle times. I dont know exactly what happened, but I am almost certain that dog walked from San Antone to Rosenberg near Houston.

O yea,I certainly believe I will see him again, and who knows, maybe he will be a human when we see each other again, Its not so impossible in my eyes, he was smarter than some humans, and if he didnt have a soul, I would be shocked.

Old 06-07-2023, 09:18 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post

I am SO sorry about the loss of your beloved pet. Experienced that too many times, and I know I will again.

Yep Hannibal is one of my all-time favorite people on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism