Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2024, 06:48 PM

22,568 posts, read 47,624,621 times

Advertisements

Wow… why can’t you leave him and his possessions alone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2024, 07:00 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
OP has no evidence that they *didn't* do anything.

The burden of proof is the responsibility of the one making the accusation.

Old 03-30-2024, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Sounds as if the homeowner/LL is being submissive, not assertive. Roomie rules the roost, not him. Maybe to avoid rocking the boat. OP's friend is allowing a crazy tenant to dictate what goes on in his own house. If the tenant is causing trouble, use legal means to get rid of them. There seem to be tenants desperate for housing everywhere these days.
It would be interesting to hear the homeowner's side of things. Maybe he feels that he shouldn't have to let the OP, who admits to using his place as a hangout, dictate what goes on in his house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I only go there if I know my friend is home. Then the roommate typically leaves us alone.
The bolded should read, "I only go there when I'm invited."

Last edited by Metlakatla; 03-30-2024 at 08:04 PM..

Old 03-30-2024, 07:56 PM

22,456 posts, read 11,977,478 times
OP---Why doesn't your friend go to your place when he wants to hang out with you? It would be so much easier than dealing with the roommate.

Old 03-30-2024, 07:58 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,356,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

The bolded should read, "I only go there when I'm invited."

Well my grammar could use some work lol

Old 03-31-2024, 08:35 AM

975 posts, read 535,284 times
Quote:
My friend's roommate isn't right in his mind. Recently, the roommate told my friend that he'd call the cops if I touch any of his 3 small dogs.

I asked my friend why??? No reason was given. I was like that's crazy talk... I NEVER done anything to harm his dogs. I can't help it if they come near me wanting my attention to be petted. I'm NOT gonna yell at them to GO AWAY if they come by me. That's not my nature. Those dogs aren't robots. I can't control what the dogs want to do around the house.

My friend doesn't really ever pets them. He stays in his room most of the time when at home. I told him that his roommate being a control freak making up b.s. just so I'd be scared to come over. The roommate has cameras around the house because he's paranoid about about his stuff.

I don't personally know anyone who works in law enforcement to ask them this question and what can I do to protect myself from false accussations.

I go over to my friend's house because he OWNS it and I don't really have anyone to hang out with. I'm a misfit.

I'm so upset and down about this. His roommate is a nightmare and my friend just lets him get away with everything.
So you are saying your friend owns a house and has rented a room to someone and allowed that person to take over the house and make the rules? Weird. You don't have to yell at the dogs, just ignore them and don't pet them if it causes this crazy person so much stress he has to threaten you. Dogs are very sensitive and they probably ask you to pet them because they don't get any attention from their owner.

Old 03-31-2024, 10:27 AM

2,032 posts, read 1,652,448 times
The advice on this thread to not pet the dogs is ridiculous. Dogs have been pets and human companions for a long time and seek affection from people.

You got a couple of obvious choices here; pet the dogs and let the tenant call the police - they won't care. Or, just don't go over to your friend's house anymore.

Old 03-31-2024, 11:16 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,127,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrick View Post
The advice on this thread to not pet the dogs is ridiculous.
A person threatening to call the police over it is unbalanced, but you feel free to antagonize people like that if that's your thing. A potentially volatile situation I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole, people go ballistic over the simplest things anymore.

Old 03-31-2024, 12:22 PM

2,964 posts, read 1,638,645 times
Police don't respond to animal complaints of this kind. Even if the nutter claimed you hurt the dogs he would most likely be referred to Animal Control.

And when it became clear the dogs weren't hurt, he could be charged with making a false complaint to the police.

Avoid the guy as much as possible, he sounds unstable.

Have your friend come to your house to visit you.

Old 03-31-2024, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Well my grammar could use some work lol
It has nothing to do with grammar. It sounds like you're going over there uninvited to "hang out."

You didn't give me a straight answer when I asked whether this is the same person who didn't want you touching his car, but you implied that it was.

What led up to this? This stuff typically doesn't happen out of thin air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships