Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2021, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeehombre View Post
The best part is that you can stock-up ingredients, and it can be made anytime in about an hour. Premade piecrust can be frozen until needed. You'll never again drop $6-7 for a Mrs. Buds pot pie! Something better can be made in about 10 minutes of prep time, serving 3-4, people +.Good enough to serve the husband's boss!

Paul's Homemade EASY pot pie

Chicken Variety
1 box of premade pie crust (Let it warm unfreeze @ room temp for taking out of its
packaging to prevent ripping. Scratch one handed crust isn't worth the trouble or mess for
the $2.00)
Mix in a bowl;
1 side of a boneless chicken breast in 1/4" cubes. I find it cubes up better if still frozen.
1 can cream of chicken soup.
(Vegetarians, you're really doing a favor putting those boneless chickens out of their
misery.
or 12 oz. can of chicken meatsmoshed up, use thedraindewater from chicken meat otherwise use tap water to make the soup, a bit thicker than you might otherwise make soup. It should be about the consistency of heavy cream. the rice reduces the watery texture when cooked.
Canned cream of chickensoup

1/2 tsp ground savory (optional)
1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger

Black pepper &salt to taste (I prefer fresh ground pepper), (maybe a teaspoon)
1 cup more or less frozen peas & carrots
1/4-cup rice
1 cup of water
1 tsp. Minced garlic
1/2tsp. Tarragon (optional)
bake1 hour@350 W loose piece of tinfoil atop to keep crust from burning. cut crust top to let steam out+ test rice is cooked. If it bubbles up, you're probobly O.K.
cut crust top to let steam out+ test rice is cooked.

A beef variety also exists but ingredients are more less forgiving to keep on hand.
Happy Birthday! I haven't had chicken pot pie since my nan's birthday a couple years ago at her local pub ([url]www.thecricketersinn.com[/url]) and I tried this recipe last night for me and my husband and it was amazing! I just wanted to hop on and say thank you for sharing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2021, 03:22 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,055,725 times
as good of a place as any to post this

chuckling here

Old 08-14-2022, 07:32 PM

872 posts, read 1,712,611 times
I spent some time in NH this July and after visiting the other New England states you all come out on top. Real nice people and beautiful lakes (Sunapee and Winnepesaukee). In Manchester it hit 100 degrees and mid 90s the other days I was there and it felt like I was back in Florida. I might have to visit Maine to experience more comfortable weather on my next New England trip. Be proud you don't live in the other New England states which are run by the communists

Last edited by rogercobb; 08-14-2022 at 07:43 PM..

Old 11-09-2022, 06:16 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,814,733 times
here's quite a chuckle.. if it weren't so cruel.

https://publish.twitter.com/?query=h...7&widget=Tweet

Old 11-17-2022, 11:06 AM

3,584 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Default NH Man Shoots Turkey from Car

I wonder if this will make it onto a new episode of North Woods Law? lol
https://www.wcvb.com/article/cheshir...urkey/41993931
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire