Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2015, 09:45 PM

914 posts, read 1,982,912 times

Advertisements

The amount of development going on in Nashville right now is pretty unbelievable. I live near Music Row and pay special attention to the development in that area. Below is a list of the recently completed, under construction, or proposed large developments in the area of Music Row. It includes developments from Broadway to 16th Ave S. It does not include anything along West End or on the other side of West End, the Gulch, the Central Business District, Sobro, Germantown, Green Hills, Berry Hill, or East Nashville. Each of those areas could compile a list that is similarly impressive. It also does not include the office, residential, and hotels that were already present. The influx of people, employment, and retail offerings will change the neighborhood into one that is truly mixed use in which people can live, work, and play without ever getting in a car. Walking, biking, and public transit enable someone to live without a car if they so desire.

To give a little perspective on the density, the area in question is about 125 acres in size. The Cool Springs area (bounded by Mallory Ln, Cool Spring Blvd, Moore's Lane, and I-65) is 250 acres.

Music Row/Midtown Development

Under Construction
Aertson - $100 million, 600,000 sq ft, 350 apartments, 180 room Kimpton Hotel, 35,000 sq ft of retail, 630 parking spots, located at the Broadway and Division split
Element - 431 apartments, 6000 sq ft retail, located at the roundabout
Crescent - 275 apartments, located on Division street at I-40
Cadence - 193 apartments, located at 17th Ave S and McGavock St
SESAC Headquarters - 95,000 sq ft office space, located at 16th Ave S and South St

Proposed
Virgin Hotel & residences- 19 story tower with 15 penthouses, 16 story tower with 240 hotel rooms, located at 17th Ave S and Division St (site is already demo’ed)
M Residence - 19 stories, 300 apartments, 6000 sq ft of retail, located at 19th Ave S and Chet Atkins
Terwiliger-Pappas - 12 stories, 200 apartment, located at 18th Ave S and Chet Atkins
Forestar - 230 apartments, 1750 sq feet retail, Located at 17th Ave S and Grand Ave (demo currently ongoing)
Skyhouse Nashville - 25 stories, 352 apartments, 10,600 sq ft of retail, located at 17th Ave S and Division St
16th Ave S & Edgehill - On hold currently pending Music Row moratorium study, 135 residences, 7500 sq feet of office/retail
22 story hotel and residences at 20th Ave S and Broadway - details pending
Elmington Capital Roundabout plan - Demonbreun Hill, multiple buildings, 22 story residential building with ground level grocery store and 590 residential units, up to 640 hotel rooms, 103,000 sq ft of retail, and 420,000 of office space
Towery Development - 16th Ave S - 10,000 sq ft of office

Recently Finished (since 2012)
Note 16 - 86 apartments, located at 16th Ave S and Horton
Artisan on 18th - 153 apartments - Located at 18th Ave S and Chet Atkins
1505 Demonbreun - 209 apartments - Located on Demonbreun Hill
Midtown Place - 60 apartments

Total numbers (not including 1922 Broadway):
New residential units since 2012 finished, under construction, or proposed - 3,804
Total number of new residents (1.5 people/unit) - 5,706
Total new retail sq footage - 162,350
Total new office sq footage - 525,000
Total new hotel rooms - 1060
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 01:44 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,943,010 times
WPLN has a piece on all the construction cranes in Nashville.

Help Us Count All of the Cranes in Nashville | Nashville Public Radio

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-26-2015, 09:45 AM

I have the permission of the person who created some neat images of all the construction projects going on in central Nashville.

Here's an image of the major projects headed for the SoBro area of downtown between the new Music City Center and the new amphitheater being built next to the river.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-26-2015, 11:21 AM

74 posts, read 89,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I have the permission of the person who created some neat images of all the construction projects going on in central Nashville.

Here's an image of the major projects headed for the SoBro area of downtown between the new Music City Center and the new amphitheater being built next to the river.
Very, extremely cool. Thanks for sharing!

Old 06-26-2015, 01:20 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,468,665 times
Man, if you have a great view in the Encore right now, you better enjoy it while you can. It's getting ready to get blocked in the next year.

Old 06-27-2015, 12:20 PM

126 posts, read 146,535 times
I worked up a crude power point slide to indicate the amount of development either just completed, under construction or proposed for the Midtown area around Music Row. I would expect almost all of this to be built.

Although there are severe height restrictions, developers have gotten approval to bust the ceiling on a case by case basis. The Skyhouse will be the tallest at 25 stories and 287 ft. The West End Summit site is approved for over 400 ft. There will be some impressive changes.

Old 06-27-2015, 12:23 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,362 times
Nashville seems to be booming, I love living here so far its an amazing city to call home. The cost of living is on the rise but I do not mind for now.

Old 06-27-2015, 04:04 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,223,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHofKS View Post
I worked up a crude power point slide to indicate the amount of development either just completed, under construction or proposed for the Midtown area around Music Row. I would expect almost all of this to be built.

Although there are severe height restrictions, developers have gotten approval to bust the ceiling on a case by case basis. The Skyhouse will be the tallest at 25 stories and 287 ft. The West End Summit site is approved for over 400 ft. There will be some impressive changes.

Thanks for creating/posting this...very helpful

Old 06-30-2015, 04:40 PM

While whizzing past downtown on I-40 today I couldn't help but notice all the construction cranes in the Gulch and Midtown areas. There are a couple in downtown, too. So I snapped a picture from my car of the Gulch and Midtown areas, and I think I counted 8 cranes just in those neighborhoods, and that's just what was visible from I-40. I got off the interstate and drove up to Rolling Mill Hill just south of downtown and tried to get them from a different angle. It didn't quite work. But I'm sharing the pictures anyway. While I think it's a stretch to refer to Nashville as "Little Dubai" right now, it's still exciting to see all the high-rises coming online within the next year or two.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-30-2015, 08:33 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,718,375 times
And there has been two new announcements in my neighborhood in the last two days.

A 6-Unit townhouse development on 11th Ave. just off of Jefferson in Buena Vista. And the parcel on Rosa Parks and 9th where there is an old abandoned church and an auto parts store is going to be developed. The auto parts will stay but the rest will become restaurant in mixed use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville