Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2023, 03:32 PM

8,305 posts, read 13,439,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW R1100 View Post
Well, the guy I'm giving it to said wife and I we could come over and take a soak in it, so maybe when you get here, we can make that happen!
Sounds like a very cool guy (in a weird way) but yeah, I have sold or bought things from people (a handful) that seemed to be very cool or interesting to the point where I wouldn't mind hanging out with them.

Quote:
My phone nav plan is evolving as we speak. I like three to five is the ideal group size. Cagers tend to give a wider margin to a group. We had ten on that ride. The guy who invited me along sent me several texts apologizing for how it went, and wants to make it up to me. We'll see how that goes, but I don't want to depend on anyone for navigation. But, you know, that which doesn't kill you...
...should not get a second chance to finish the job!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2023, 09:44 AM

778 posts, read 504,462 times
The guy I'm giving the hot tub to is one of the riders in the group, but we never rode together, I spoke with him and his wife at the campground a few times. One of the wet mornings I woke up, put on some clothes and went looking for a coffee pot. They had one and offered me coffee. We got to yakking and they were great people. They had a B'day party for him at a local bar that was a lot of fun. This is the guy with the Indian, a deluxe machine for sure.

Old 10-25-2023, 08:40 PM

Great, sounds like you made another friend, and a good one too!
You are pretty easygoing and personable so I am not surprised that you were able to make friends quick!

I have not ridden since a week prior to the move so it has definitely been a month since I have ridden.
I am getting a bit edgy already but thankfully, the weather has finally started to cool off here. It actually has been really nice the last two days but I still had a metal cabinet to assemble for the garage today.

I noticed the quality of Ikea dresser and cabinets have gone from fair to total doo-doo. They increased the prices on everything and that wasn't bad enough they got cheap and switched to plastic for the round locking nuts and they break with hardly any effort. Best part, zero spare parts! Whichever idiot approved this change will probably cost the company a ton of $$ when people noticed the change and stop buying and/or complaining/returning the stuff!

Wow, talk about digressing!
Sorry for the long whine....been assembling furniture almost everyday since the move with zero riding days! I am stressed out for sure!

Glad to hear you are all settled and having fun. I will let you know if I will be able to make it over there before the Holidays.

Old 10-26-2023, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Great, sounds like you made another friend, and a good one too!
You are pretty easygoing and personable so I am not surprised that you were able to make friends quick!

I have not ridden since a week prior to the move so it has definitely been a month since I have ridden.
I am getting a bit edgy already but thankfully, the weather has finally started to cool off here. It actually has been really nice the last two days but I still had a metal cabinet to assemble for the garage today.

I noticed the quality of Ikea dresser and cabinets have gone from fair to total doo-doo. They increased the prices on everything and that wasn't bad enough they got cheap and switched to plastic for the round locking nuts and they break with hardly any effort. Best part, zero spare parts! Whichever idiot approved this change will probably cost the company a ton of $$ when people noticed the change and stop buying and/or complaining/returning the stuff!

Wow, talk about digressing!
Sorry for the long whine....been assembling furniture almost everyday since the move with zero riding days! I am stressed out for sure!

Glad to hear you are all settled and having fun. I will let you know if I will be able to make it over there before the Holidays.
I've got to finish an assembly project that stalled, a piece of kitchen furniture/equipment the wife wants done. I had to buy a set of sawhorses to make a platform, and I'll have to move the bikes into the backyard under a car cover to get the necessary space in the garage. It's going to rain for the next few days, so we'll see.

Old 10-27-2023, 12:18 PM

Been getting some rain in N. Texas, and more expected, but this morning the sun peaked out and dried the roads. Perfect chance to test my music device ear buds in my phone. I dialed in a place I knew how to get to, and if you must know, it was the stogie store, about ten miles distant. I wanted to find out if I could hear the directions over that Cobra pipe on the V-Star. I'd get Bluetooth buds, but that would be another piece of kit that required a charger so I'll just stick with the device buds. I put my phone in the inside pocket of my leather jacket and set out. With the volume all the way up, I could hear it just fine, might lower that volume some. Work on a phone charger next. Since I only plan to listen to directions, I figure I could put the phone in the tool pouch that's already there. More to come.

Old 10-27-2023, 02:47 PM

I still used wired ear buds that goes inside my ears but also flat enough to not cause any stress to my head.

My mom and sister went out shopping yesterday and came back with two more pieces of furniture for the village idiot to assemble. Two more nightmarish plywood jigsaw puzzles to deal with!

I finally got a chance to do a short ride yesterday (45 mins):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxwvSQh8n-I

Old 10-28-2023, 10:25 AM

Really getting some rain now and will last most of the day. Saturday is ride-and-stogie day, but i can still get the stogie. Yesterday on the earbud test day, I took advantage and rode to the stogie store and picked up some interesting cigars. Looking forward to a large cocktail and a stogie later today.

Old 10-28-2023, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Really getting some rain now and will last most of the day. Saturday is ride-and-stogie day, but i can still get the stogie. Yesterday on the earbud test day, I took advantage and rode to the stogie store and picked up some interesting cigars. Looking forward to a large cocktail and a stogie later today.
Switch to half or 3/4 length helmet + goggles so you can smoke the stogie while you are riding too!

I smoked cigarettes for about 7-8 years and managed to quit and I am never smoking anything ever again!
I even stay away from smokin' hot women! They were equally bad for my health.

Old 10-30-2023, 02:42 PM

Some of us can tolerate bumps and bruises, aches and pains for the right smokin' hot woman. I've been married to mine for 46 years.

Old 11-01-2023, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Some of us can tolerate bumps and bruises, aches and pains for the right smokin' hot woman. I've been married to mine for 46 years.
Cuz you got a very good woman! You are a lucky guy! Actually, you both are lucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles