Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2024, 07:19 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post

I saw one of the new T120's and I actually want one. The boss said I seemed rather old skool but I pointed out I had been in the dealership exactly 4 times in the last couple weeks and each time I asked if he wanted to sell the 2 1970 honda SL and CTs...and that I drive a square suburban. I own 'old skool' lol. So once the weather is not freezing Im gonna schedule a test drive. the MSRP (which you are paying, there is no wiggle) is not hideous, that big twin is unusual, EFI, ABS, traction control even, and a decent set of colors.
The T120's are sharp looking bikes. (I just bought another Tiger, myself.)
Attached Thumbnails
Chinese Motorcycles?-72392775126__ed2a01c6-eb2b-4baf-b1de-266daef9f530.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2024, 09:37 PM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
The T120's are sharp looking bikes. (I just bought another Tiger, myself.)
You show off! I want one too!
I am jealous...

Old 01-16-2024, 04:55 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
You might be right and it makes sense to assemble the parts/bike in the continent that it will be sold in.
Either way, much better than being assembled in China, especially in the 80s thru 2010.
I am sure China's assembly capabilities have gotten to the top tier level in the last decade but I still don't trust their "exports" having the same quality as the ones from Japan.

Taiwan is another story altogether.

PS. I can totally related to what happened with Sporti as I am in the same situation with Stelvio and my near future destination; Phoenix. Just not suitable.

i've had everything from a 200cc Bulrtaco Metralla, a '49 Panhead with a jockey shift, a Norton Commando 'S', a CBX, a bevel drive Ducatin 900SS and a couple of beemers and have to say the Sporti was probably my favorite and I still regret selling it. It amazes me that Moto Guzzi probably makes less than 10,000 bikes a year for the world yet builds some really nice stuff

Old 01-17-2024, 07:26 AM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Quote:
You show off! I want one too!
I am jealous...
Don't tell anyone, but SoCal Triumph has Tiger 850's for $8999, I hear.

(It's what I got.)

Old 01-20-2024, 05:19 PM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Don't tell anyone, but SoCal Triumph has Tiger 850's for $8999, I hear.

(It's what I got.)
That is where I almost bought a brand new Triumph Bobber back in 2017 but I hated the ergos and how uncomfy it'd be without forking over another $5+ K so went with a Honda Fury instead.

Too bad I am no longer in SoCal but I am also not working full time so there is no way I could get one.
Hopefully, my new business venture will start making money in the near future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
i've had everything from a 200cc Bulrtaco Metralla, a '49 Panhead with a jockey shift, a Norton Commando 'S', a CBX, a bevel drive Ducatin 900SS and a couple of beemers and have to say the Sporti was probably my favorite and I still regret selling it. It amazes me that Moto Guzzi probably makes less than 10,000 bikes a year for the world yet builds some really nice stuff
I agree which is why I decided to hold on to my Stelvio for a while longer!

Old 01-21-2024, 07:35 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,246 times
Quote:
I am definitely a bit biased due to my general experience buying different Made in China equipment/appliances/tools over the years but motorcycles might be different especially if there is a known, reputable big motorcycle company behind it like GasGas (awful name, imo) and KTM.

Grom types bikes would be ridiculously small for a guy my size. Even a mid size cruiser like Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom which I loved, seemed it was a bit too small after getting a very similar looking but bigger bike like Honda Fury.

I can relate to you, I am looking for a bike to putt around town so I want something lighter, smaller and fun but at the same time, living in a bigger city, you are likely to take freeways more often than not so it has to be a bike that can handle freeway speeds as well.

I prefer getting the used bike from a reputable manufacturer vs getting a brand new one (even if still cheaper) from a new or relatively unknown one.

You also have to consider how well is their dealer network, OEM and aftermarket parts availability?
Is there a web forum for the make and model or any other way you can get technical info if you would be doing any wrenching or maintenance on your own?

If you can find any long term reviews (people who have been riding the bike for a decent amount of miles and time) on the bike and they are promising, then sure, go for it!

I was talking to my ex riding partner who relocated to TX and left me hanging by myself, again, and we both agreed that dual-sports type bikes are the popular types right now, so they are sought after iow in demand, which makes them more valuable than they actually are, even in the used bike market.
Much like him, I will probably end up getting a suitable cruiser to get something on the cheap and enjoy it.

Good luck with your bike hunt, and if you end up getting one, let us know!

PS. I always liked the look of the FJRs but never got one.
Out of the 43 bikes Ive had two were FJR's......great machines and fast.......over 100mph in a few seconds and run forever.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles