Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 06:18 PM

5,091 posts, read 2,654,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
The state police have been enforcing that for decades. I don't know why it is such a high priority for them but it is become a fact of life around Boston.
People make it too easy to cut in late. They fall asleep at the wheel glaring at their phones leaving massive spaces of several cars or more and an accordion effect that creates a a much longer wait than necessary. The fact that driver's get impatient waiting for that nonsense isn't surprising. What the MSP should consider is enforcing hand devices and left lane hogs more aggressively. Would go a long way toward making the roads safer.

Last edited by bostongymjunkie; 03-02-2024 at 06:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2024, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
What would you call it? Just an innocent victim?

vehicular homicide is trendy I am just a piece of meat on the road!
Provocation isn't a legal defense for violating traffic or criminal laws. It's not even a logical defense. Just means you're emotionally unstable. So yes, completely innocent since what he did is not unlawful in any sense of the imagination.

Old 03-02-2024, 06:34 PM

9,068 posts, read 6,300,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
People make it too easy to cut in late. They fall asleep at the wheel glaring at their phones leaving massive spaces of several cars or more and an accordion effect that creates a a much longer wait than necessary. The fact that driver's get impatient waiting for that nonsense isn't surprising. What the MSP should consider is enforcing hand devices and left lane hogs more aggressively. Would go a long way toward making the roads safer.
Yes, the advent of handheld devices has made the traffic much worse. People staring at tablets and phones rather than paying attention to the road has become one of my biggest pet peeves. However the MSP have been performing traffic enforcement at the entrance to Storrow Drive far longer than handheld devices have been an issue. I remember them doing it back in the 1990s and I am curious how it all started at that location.

Last edited by AtkinsonDan; 03-02-2024 at 06:45 PM..

Old 03-02-2024, 06:38 PM

3,584 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Today I had what I'm assuming was a late teens to early 20's in a Nissan Altima speeding in the left lane. There wasn't a ton of traffic. However, I was stuck behind an obnoxiously slow minivan in the right lane not even going the speed limit which was 55 so I signaled and got in the left lane. Nissan Altima was already way up ahead and I wasn't even trying to catch up. However, Altima decides to suddenly slow waaaay down as soon as I got in the left lane so eventually I did catch up to and then person starts dancing almost like both hands waving side to side so I get in the right lane b/c I want nothing to do with whatever games this tw*t was trying to instigate. Said tw*t then gets in right lane in front of me and continues to dance. My exit was the next one so I get back in left lane and floor it (no one in front of me) and I left lil tw*t in my dust! This is why I love having an upgraded engine....not to instigate other people and drive like an a** tailgating every day but to get away from all these tw*ts when they least expect it and my way of telling them game's over.

Old 03-02-2024, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Yes, the advent of handheld devices has made the traffic much worse. People staring at tablets and phones rather than paying attention to the road has become one of my biggest pet peeves. However the MSP have been performing traffic enforcement at the entrance to Storrow Drive far longer than handheld devices have been an issue. I remember then doing it back in the 1990s and I am curious how it all started at that location.
I rarely see them there, but I don't usually go through there at rush hours. I'm sure there's a reason for it and I'm sure it's coming from command. They don't just deploy resources like that on a whim - especially in these times where manpower is short.

Old 03-02-2024, 06:44 PM

17,664 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Provocation isn't a legal defense for violating traffic or criminal laws. It's not even a logical defense. Just means you're emotionally unstable. So yes, completely innocent since what he did is not unlawful in any sense of the imagination.
Nobody said anything about a legal defense.

And ridiculous to say he was completely innocent. If a cop had witnessed that, tenant could have been looking at a disorderly conduct charge (and possibly other charges).

Old 03-02-2024, 06:54 PM

Quote:

And ridiculous to say he was completely innocent. If a cop had witnessed that, tenant could have been looking at a disorderly conduct charge (and possibly other charges).
Not sure what planet you're living on, but that does not meet the elements of disorderly conduct and no police officer would even try to charge him with that after a vehicle was blowing a red light and heading toward a pedestrian in a crosswalk.

Old 03-02-2024, 07:02 PM

17,664 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Not sure what planet you're living on, but that does not meet the elements of disorderly conduct and no police officer would even try to charge him with that after a vehicle was blowing a red light and heading toward a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
You have an extremely poor understanding of the legal system. I'll leave it at that.

Old 03-02-2024, 07:06 PM

Quote:
You have an extremely poor understanding of the legal system. I'll leave it at that.
Yes, you'll leave it at that because you have *zero* understanding of the criminal justice system or the law. ZERO

You should probably also invest in a course in logic, because you sorely need it. I'm not sure it would work for you, though, since you don't seem very teachable.

Old 03-02-2024, 07:18 PM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
My exit was the next one so I get back in left lane and floor it (no one in front of me) and I left lil tw*t in my dust! This is why I love having an upgraded engine....not to instigate other people and drive like an a** tailgating every day but to get away from all these tw*ts when they least expect it and my way of telling them game's over.
^Try electric...it's really good for this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts