Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 12:15 PM

2,026 posts, read 2,777,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
I needed a good chuckle. You bring up the good old discrimination card for yourself and then throw it at women.
I am simply stating that men are more forgiving of women, especially the prettier ones, but not of other men. Some kind of mating-possibility instinct. For example if they don't like foreigners, other races, more educated or less educated people, city people or rural people, other football team fans... they exert their dislike on other men more often.
I am not stating discrimination (card = statement), rather asking whether someone has experienced it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2019, 11:01 AM

19,040 posts, read 27,607,234 times
I worked and lived for 6 years in TN and AL and those are great people. I have never ever sensed any prejudice against us.
I'd not be anywhere close East Coast as it has way too much immigration, described by OP, that managed to leave bad taste behind.

here in WA state, there is huge E Europe community that does just fine and has solid reputation. Same goes for ID and OR. Go to Boise, OP. Booming city, lots of kin.

Old 12-13-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I worked and lived for 6 years in TN and AL and those are great people. I have never ever sensed any prejudice against us.
I'd not be anywhere close East Coast as it has way too much immigration, described by OP, that managed to leave bad taste behind.

here in WA state, there is huge E Europe community that does just fine and has solid reputation. Same goes for ID and OR. Go to Boise, OP. Booming city, lots of kin.
Thanks. That's a lot of useful information points.

Old 12-13-2019, 01:51 PM

19,040 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Look, there's good people and scum anywhere. In AL, i was clearly pointed by local - do not go there, KKK is there, they shoot anyone they don't know. Will I call AL supremacist state because of this? No. Didn't like weather but people were great.
If you really want kin community, go Pac NW. Just be prepared to live with a bunch of pentecostals, as they are dominantly Regan wave of immigration, so the very moment you meet Ivan Petrenko or Mikhail Pronin, 2nd question you hear - what church you go to and 3rd one - we have gathering on Sunday, will you come.

But sure, area is saturated in Russians, Ukrainians, Polaks and such. Eastern Europe. If you were from ex Warsaw treaty countries, then scratch the pentecostal remark.

My DIL is from Boise. They apparently do well there. Real estate is still reasonable, jobs are not plentiful but supple. If you have good trade, you'll be fine anywhere anyway.

Btw, I don't buy into your rant about hiring disadvantages. Never witnessed it and I worked in five states.

Old 12-14-2019, 12:43 AM

" In AL, i was clearly pointed by local - do not go there, KKK "
- you mean the whole state, or just some neighborhood, or was it some misguided advice you got?

What I have found was: I live in silicon Valley. Recently many recruiters tried to contact me from here, 3 from Texas, none from Florida. I applied at 15 tech/engineering companies in Florida, but the general attitude is "we don't want you". I don't know whether it's because I am an Eastern European immigrant, or because I am seen as "Californian", or because it's too much hassle to fly in someone, or because of my SV professional expertise causing insecurity. I can only guess.

Old 12-14-2019, 06:43 AM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
" In AL, i was clearly pointed by local - do not go there, KKK "
- you mean the whole state, or just some neighborhood, or was it some misguided advice you got?

What I have found was: I live in silicon Valley. Recently many recruiters tried to contact me from here, 3 from Texas, none from Florida. I applied at 15 tech/engineering companies in Florida, but the general attitude is "we don't want you". I don't know whether it's because I am an Eastern European immigrant, or because I am seen as "Californian", or because it's too much hassle to fly in someone, or because of my SV professional expertise causing insecurity. I can only guess.
Rest assure no recruiter gives a hoot if you are pink or purple as long as you have the appropriate credentials and experience for the job and nobody will fly you anywhere until you are last man standing. Looking at your other posts about your job searches - race and gender card will not get you anywhere.

Old 12-27-2019, 12:00 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,671,420 times
Just please don't come over here telling us we need to adopt Europe's policies and you shouldn't have any problems.

It's that way here in the North v South. Northerners move down here and tell us all how they did it up North; it is offensive and very, very annoying. We don't care how you did it up north (there are actually bumper stickers that say that lol). You don't see southerners flocking to the north in droves and pulling that crap.

Old 12-27-2019, 05:41 PM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Just please don't come over here telling us we need to adopt Europe's policies and you shouldn't have any problems.

It's that way here in the North v South. Northerners move down here and tell us all how they did it up North; it is offensive and very, very annoying. We don't care how you did it up north (there are actually bumper stickers that say that lol). You don't see southerners flocking to the north in droves and pulling that crap.
Pretty similar to where I come from in Germany just a couple more years of that. Leave the South be. We know how to eat soup with a spoon.

Old 01-10-2020, 09:43 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,079,464 times
I’m an immigrant from Germany.
I received hatred from the kids when I was in grammar school.
I was called Nazi Boy, Adolf and things like that in the late 60’s and in the early 70’s.
Lost my dialect by high school.
No problems since then.
Yeah kids and the ignorant are mean at times.

Old 01-10-2020, 10:11 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,155,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post

Sorry, but this is not true. I’ve got a Floridian and Virginian who don’t seem to understand that not all white people have to hate black people and accept their slop talk as gospel. No matter how high their cheekbones are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration