Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 12:06 PM

6,627 posts, read 4,293,045 times

Advertisements

Our daughter has decided NOT to vaccinate our grandchildren. I think it is a form of child abuse.

Old 03-28-2019, 03:30 AM

1,499 posts, read 885,107 times
Default Vaccination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Our daughter has decided NOT to vaccinate our grandchildren. I think it is a form of child abuse.
While I wouldn’t call it child abuse, I do feel it is wrong...to the rest of us..
We are losing the herd immunity with so many kids not be vaccinated..

Many states will not allow unvaccinated kids in public schools, so be prepared to home school..

I do believe in staggering vaccination a bit more..

Remember the days in early sixties taking care of kids in iron lungs

Old 03-28-2019, 05:44 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,928,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Definitely child abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speednutsii View Post
You could always just let them get the disease. They’ll be vaccinated naturally! So what if they are crippled by polio or sterile from mumps. Idiots.
Would them being sterile be so bad? I mean, let's not have more anti vax idiots around.

Old 03-28-2019, 07:06 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,272,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleguy View Post
To me the real life litmus test is......

Ask any Doctor that is treating you or your kids......

Are your kids vaccinated ? I bet the answer will be .. Of course they are.

XXXX.
how about asking the doctor if he/she is vaccinated...up to date
I bet the answer would be NO!

Old 03-28-2019, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post

Adults are free to choose not to get vaccinations for themselves. However, when parents choose not to vaccinate their children they endanger the rest of our children.
Do you think that the teachers working with your children every day, and the parents who enter the school to drop off and pick up their children should have to provide proof of up to date vaccination????if not why not?
Adults can be just as contagious as children.
It seems ridiculous to mandate vaccines for children if not for adults as well.

Old 03-28-2019, 10:41 AM

776 posts, read 955,317 times
Purehuman.

I don't know where you live...But in any first world country...Doctors and all health care workers are required by law to be vaccinated AND prove it, annually.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:16 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,928,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
how about asking the doctor if he/she is vaccinated...up to date
I bet the answer would be NO!
On what planet?

Old 03-29-2019, 04:08 AM

4,834 posts, read 3,262,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave198112 View Post
Thank you all for your inputs! for those who are pro-vaccination, please go and read about the issue and watch stories on YouTube presented by families whose kids were PERMANENTLY hurt because of some types of vaccination. We see kids developing diseases (autism is an example) immediately after vaccination. Vaccines have never been tested for safety, NEVER. The government wants to protect the general public from epidemic diseases, and that is why they justify risking the small percentage of injuries for the benefit of the public. Just read on the subject and make up you mind. Do not blame those who chose to protect their kids from possible diseases of vaccines. Again, go to the YouTube, watch real stories, scientific presentations, and you will eventually find the truth about vaccination.
Firstly, I think this is poor use of the word 'immediately'... because 'immediately' is kinda like getting hit by a freight train and then you're dead. I suspect autism is something that doesn't just pop up 'immediately'.

Also doubt very seriously that government doesn't test vaccines. It's almost ludicrous to assert that. You may not think their test base is big enough or long enough, but 'NEVER' just isn't appropriate.

That said, I got shots as a child, as did my children. I really don't care whether you or Mary down the block decide to NOT vaccinate, but don't come around whining when they catch something preventable because of that decision.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleguy View Post
Purehuman.

I don't know where you live...But in any first world country...Doctors and all health care workers are required by law to be vaccinated AND prove it, annually.
That's a laugh...not true at all!

Old 03-29-2019, 08:39 AM

According to a survey done less than 5 years ago on adult national immunization coverage in Canada...less than 10% of adults were up to date on their immunizations.
Less than 10% had received a pertussis vaccine in adulthood.

what's the diff if an adult walks through the school and infects children... than if a child walks through the school and infects children.

All mandates should rightfully include adults as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City