Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 05:30 AM

8 posts, read 696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
At the same price point, Copperfield or Deerfield Village would be more solid choice. About same age area, well developed, lesser prone to flooding, community feel, with walking trails.
Thanks Ghost Town. Both areas are solid leads and I'll keep an eye on them. They must be great neighborhoods because inventory is low. No one wants to leave apparently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2024, 07:07 PM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 14 days ago)

8,425 posts, read 5,569,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I honestly thought it was too knew. A lot of it reminds me of he older parts of Katy and Sienna is less than 15 years old. That area is super underrated but I thought Fort Bend Houston is more similar to what was asked.
Mo City is honestly a very polar place. Parts of it are among the nicest in the greater Houston area. Parts of it look like the 5th Ward. I would have no issue living there personally if I was looking for a burb.

Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM

2,629 posts, read 8,844,804 times
If your family is southeast, you might consider some of the transitional, non-cookie cutter neighborhoods that direction. Meadowcreek Village in 77017 is decent. You can still get into Garden Villas & Glenbrook Valley in 77061 (Hobby area) for that price point, although it may take some luck and timing. Garden Villas typically has the really large lots. www.houstoniamag.com/home-and-real-estate/2018/02/top-neighborhoods-houston-2018

Old Today, 05:17 AM

8 posts, read 696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modster View Post
If your family is southeast, you might consider some of the transitional, non-cookie cutter neighborhoods that direction. Meadowcreek Village in 77017 is decent. You can still get into Garden Villas & Glenbrook Valley in 77061 (Hobby area) for that price point, although it may take some luck and timing. Garden Villas typically has the really large lots. www.houstoniamag.com/home-and-real-estate/2018/02/top-neighborhoods-houston-2018
I'm saving both zip codes. It looks like 77017 is more likely to flood than 77061. Another thing I love about these older homes in established neighborhoods would be the large main bedrooms. The new builds in my price range have really small master suites. AND many of them are not brick. Certainly, Houston, like the DFW area, have termites? Thank you, Modster the areas look lovely.

Old Today, 05:50 AM

15,581 posts, read 7,609,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoria View Post
I'm saving both zip codes. It looks like 77017 is more likely to flood than 77061. Another thing I love about these older homes in established neighborhoods would be the large main bedrooms. The new builds in my price range have really small master suites. AND many of them are not brick. Certainly, Houston, like the DFW area, have termites? Thank you, Modster the areas look lovely.
Brick isn't going to stop termites. The brick is a veneer applied over the framing and sheathing, just like Hardi or any other siding.

Keep in mind that the houses built in the late 70's and early 80's were built during an oil boom, so quality can vary a lot. Have any prospective home inspected.

Old Today, 10:26 AM

8 posts, read 696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Brick isn't going to stop termites. The brick is a veneer applied over the framing and sheathing, just like Hardi or any other siding.

Keep in mind that the houses built in the late 70's and early 80's were built during an oil boom, so quality can vary a lot. Have any prospective home inspected.
Thanks, WRM20! I didn't know that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston