Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2023, 03:50 PM

17,466 posts, read 15,609,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Go ahead, tell Alex Ovechkin, Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Connor McDavid, et al that some kid, who hasn't even played a full professional season and hasn't won anything, is just as good or better than them.
I said he is comparable to a "young Crosby." Crosby didn't have any NHL awards when he first entered the NHL.

Do you realize that all of the above players were also once rookies? And you don't understand comparing a rookie player who is off to a great start to veteran stars who were once rookie players, also off to great starts?

Slow much? Geez...

And if you don't think Bedard is currently a better player than Ovechkin, you're literally just a hater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2023, 03:22 PM

8,813 posts, read 10,276,861 times
I am not impressed with my Hurricanes. Trendy Cup pick but they are playing like they forgot there is a regular season to get through.

Old 12-10-2023, 03:27 PM

16,771 posts, read 8,252,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I am not impressed with my Hurricanes. Trendy Cup pick but they are playing like they forgot there is a regular season to get through.
Just a flat spot. Look at Bruins and Rangers. All three have had a slump. Rest of league figured out they have to play those three like a playoff game.

Old 12-12-2023, 08:57 PM

8,813 posts, read 10,276,861 times
They (Hurricanes) looked, pretty good tonight against Ottawa. Hoping it starts a winning streak

Old 12-13-2023, 05:01 AM

16,771 posts, read 8,252,440 times
Next part of schedule will be a good test. Then a real long home stand. Wil be fun to watch.

Old 12-21-2023, 02:28 PM

2,023 posts, read 1,003,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
I said he is comparable to a "young Crosby." Crosby didn't have any NHL awards when he first entered the NHL.

Do you realize that all of the above players were also once rookies? And you don't understand comparing a rookie player who is off to a great start to veteran stars who were once rookie players, also off to great starts?

Slow much? Geez...

And if you don't think Bedard is currently a better player than Ovechkin, you're literally just a hater.
Yes I do realize that and each of them had rocking rookie years. Ovi and Malkin won Rookie of the Year. Ovi and Sid each had 100+ points, so we'll see if Bedard can reach that.

Old 12-21-2023, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Yes I do realize that and each of them had rocking rookie years. Ovi and Malkin won Rookie of the Year. Ovi and Sid each had 100+ points, so we'll see if Bedard can reach that.
What's unfortunate is that Bedard is on what has to be one of the worst NHL teams I have seen in a long time. He has no help.

I mean... This is disgustingly bad:

https://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?re...=0&pageSize=50

Only two players averaging over 0.50 P/GP...

Compare that with the team Crosby had his rookie year:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005%E...yer_statistics

There were 13 players averaging over 0.50 P/GP. Take players like Lemieux out, who only played a handful of games. You still have 10, including some pretty big names.

Ovi was 20 when he started playing in the NHL, and has played several pro seasons in Russia prior to. When he was 18, he had 24 points in 53 games in what was the second best hockey league in the world back then.

Not saying he's going to be another Ovi or Crosby, but so far, he's been doing some pretty impressive stuff.

Old 12-21-2023, 07:51 PM

Quote:
What's unfortunate is that Bedard is on what has to be one of the worst NHL teams I have seen in a long time. He has no help.

I mean... This is disgustingly bad:

https://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?re...=0&pageSize=50

Only two players averaging over 0.50 P/GP...

Compare that with the team Crosby had his rookie year:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005%E...yer_statistics

There were 13 players averaging over 0.50 P/GP. Take players like Lemieux out, who only played a handful of games. You still have 10, including some pretty big names.

Ovi was 20 when he started playing in the NHL, and has played several pro seasons in Russia prior to. When he was 18, he had 24 points in 53 games in what was the second best hockey league in the world back then.

Not saying he's going to be another Ovi or Crosby, but so far, he's been doing some pretty impressive stuff.
I won't comment on this until this regular season is done because we don't have apples-to-apples comparison yet.

Old 12-22-2023, 07:36 AM

Quote:
I won't comment on this until this regular season is done because we don't have apples-to-apples comparison yet.
Bottom line, I don’t think he comes out the gate like Crosby did, but he is showing shades of him to an extent.

Crosby is and was… Something else. I got my taste of what he could do when I first heard of him and saw him at the Pee Wee International in Quebec. Uh… I think there are articles that describe how that game went lol… He had something like 10 points, basically single-handily decimating us.

Old 12-23-2023, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Bottom line, I don’t think he comes out the gate like Crosby did, but he is showing shades of him to an extent.

Crosby is and was… Something else. I got my taste of what he could do when I first heard of him and saw him at the Pee Wee International in Quebec. Uh… I think there are articles that describe how that game went lol… He had something like 10 points, basically single-handily decimating us.
I haven't watched Bedard play one shift this season. He did beat Crosby in his first ever NHL game, so he has that. Haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey