Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 07:36 AM

1 posts, read 3,214 times

Advertisements

[mod]Per The Terms of Service: "Recommendations are allowed for posters that have at least 10 posts. One cannot recommend himself/herself." No soliciting.

So, rather than delete this thread, I guess, you all can continue just with "Best Famous History Quotes"
[/mod]

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 03-10-2012 at 07:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 12:56 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,600 times
"The greatest lesson in life is to know
that even fools are right sometimes"

Sir Winston Churchill.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:09 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,712,247 times
Another Churchill quote, if I may; "When your'e going through hell, keep going."

Henry V of France: "Paris is well worth a Mass."

Marshal Ferdinand Foch: " Hard pressed on my right, center is yielding, impossible to maneuver, situtation excellent, I shall attack!" Again, after the Versailles Peace Conference: " This is not a peace; it is an armistice for twenty years."

Old 03-04-2012, 10:44 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,288,243 times
"History is more or less bunk" -- Henry Ford

Old 03-04-2012, 10:52 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,849,725 times
Churchill of course:

"...never give in...never, never, never..."

Old 03-04-2012, 11:31 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,948,301 times
"The few who understand the system, will either be so interested in its profits, or so dependent on its favors that there will be no opposition from that class, while on the other hand, the great body of people, mentally incapable of comprehending the tremendous advantages...will bear its burden without complaint, and perhaps without suspecting that the system is inimical to their best interests." ----Rothschild Brothers' of London communiqué to associates in New York June 25, 1863

----and four years later . .

"Owners of capital will stimulate the working class to buy more and more of expensive goods, houses and technology, pushing them to take more and more expensive credits, until their debt becomes unbearable. The unpaid debt will lead to bankruptcy of banks, which will have to be nationalized. --- -Karl Marx, Das Kapital, 1867

Old 03-04-2012, 06:30 PM

840 posts, read 781,158 times
Some of my personal favorites that actually mean something to me

Anyone who sees and paints a sky green and fields blue ought to be sterilized.
Adolf Hitler

“Being prepared to die is one of the great secrets of living.”
George Lincoln Rockwell

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored"
-- Aldous Huxley

"Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything." -- G.K. Chesterton

"It is better to live one day as a lion than one-hundred years as a sheep!" -- Mussolini

“Sooner will a camel pass through a needle's eye than a great man be "discovered" by an election”

Adolph Hitler

Nobody is more inferior than those who insist on being equal." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood." -- Charles A. Lindbergh

Those are some of my favorites there are more..just not in the mood to go through them all.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:39 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,113,519 times
Geez, RPON, your list reads like something the police later discover on the computer of some high school kid who has just shot a dozen classmates and teachers to death before turning the gun on himself.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:40 PM

441 posts, read 885,998 times
A few of my favorites

If a man does not know to which port he is sailing, no wind is favorable. (Seneca)

He is best prepared for danger who is always on his guard, even when he feels safe. (Publilius Syrus)

Fortune favours the brave (Ovid, I think)

There are more but I can't think of them .

Old 03-04-2012, 07:00 PM

840 posts, read 781,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Geez, RPON, your list reads like something the police later discover on the computer of some high school kid who has just shot a dozen classmates and teachers to death before turning the gun on himself.

LOL...I have different tastes I guess...I like ones that mean something and these do. They put things bluntly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History