Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2023, 11:00 AM

10,547 posts, read 7,739,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
When I read these posts, my first thought was "it's him, with a new name". I see now that I'm not the only one.
Agreed. He might as well quit with the moderation of his extremism and return to ranting and raving away.

It's interesting that over half of new hired teachers in Hawaii have no previous teaching experience. Perhaps that's also common in other states?

https://www.hawaiipublicschools.org/...ort2021-22.pdf

Old 05-16-2023, 09:56 PM

Location: Southernmost tip of the southernmost island in the southernmost state
982 posts, read 1,162,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Agreed. He might as well quit with the moderation of his extremism and return to ranting and raving away.

It's interesting that over half of new hired teachers in Hawaii have no previous teaching experience. Perhaps that's also common in other states?

https://www.hawaiipublicschools.org/...ort2021-22.pdf

Used to be fairly common in rural Alaska where it was difficult to recruit.

Old 05-16-2023, 10:02 PM

344 posts, read 250,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
When I read these posts, my first thought was "it's him, with a new name". I see now that I'm not the only one.

It is almost certainly a new account from our entertaining old friend. From one of his posts in another thread:

I lived 30 minutes north of NYC, I grew up and Long Island in Suffolk county, lived outside of Scranton Pennsylvania, lived in Winchester Va, and Hilo Hawaii before moving here. My wife is a middle school teacher in Columbia county and I’m retired NYPD. Augusta has been a perfect fit for us. The summers are hot, but other than that, the weather is perfect. There is no winter here imo. Been down to Savannah and that is a beautiful town, very nice downtown.

Old 05-16-2023, 11:15 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,824,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KohalaTransplant View Post
It is almost certainly a new account from our entertaining old friend. From one of his posts in another thread:

I lived 30 minutes north of NYC, I grew up and Long Island in Suffolk county, lived outside of Scranton Pennsylvania, lived in Winchester Va, and Hilo Hawaii before moving here. My wife is a middle school teacher in Columbia county and I’m retired NYPD. Augusta has been a perfect fit for us. The summers are hot, but other than that, the weather is perfect. There is no winter here imo. Been down to Savannah and that is a beautiful town, very nice downtown.
Was it $100,000 in student loans his wife racked up getting a teaching credential? Or was it more?

That was the most astounding part of the entire dumpster-fire saga to me.

Old 05-21-2023, 06:51 PM

426 posts, read 178,090 times
When I was a rookie NYPD cop Diamond Backs vs Yankees game 5 2001.

armenian text

Old 05-22-2023, 08:05 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Closing this for now due to constant derailing and off topic rants.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii