Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2023, 02:31 AM

2,295 posts, read 1,513,381 times

Advertisements

DW and I started flying business about 15 yrs ago. It was just too much flying coach. I think if people weren't so chincy about spending another $100 or $200 bucks to get where you want to go in 5-10 hours instead of 1 or 3 weeks airlines could easily put back in bigger seats and give everyone more room. People just don't think about how good we have it. Every time I start getting uppity I think about a picture of my great aunt going to NM in a wagon train back in the early 20th century. Puts things in perspective pretty quickly.[/quote]

We have just returned from a month in Europe. To fly business would have cost us $22,000 ($US14,300) extra. Simply not an option for most people, even though a twenty-four hour trip is quite torturous in economy.

Flew Emirates and they handle serving alcohol well in economy. Everything (beer, wine spirits) is available and free and offered with meals.We did get one meal where they served pre-dinner drinks too. But the servings are not large and refills not freely offered. A few people would buzz for extras and they would take their time to respond.

I did not see anyone who seemed to be over the limit and the drink most requested was orange juice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2023, 06:46 PM

500 posts, read 359,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Knowing statistics does not make anxiety and irrational fear magically disappear. You understand that, right?

When I was afraid to fly, the anxiety would kick in as soon as I booked the flight and grow as the trip got closer. By the time I got on the plane, I knew for sure I was facing death that day. My dad was an engineer. He explained to me how planes stay up, and I understood. I still thought I would die.

Then I would land, be relieved, but never fully, because I knew I'd have to fly again in a week or so to get home.

It is a most wonderful thing to not be afraid to fly (or die) anymore, but I do remember what it felt like and sympathize with those still caught in the fear of flying.
I flew for work for years. Short flights.

I was a trainwreck on the flights.

Started on XANAX and all was well.

I just don't fly anymore.

Old 11-22-2023, 07:13 AM

16,317 posts, read 8,140,203 times
Overall yes I'd say there should be restrictions. It's not like you can just keep ordering food so why should you be able to get however much alcohol you want
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates