Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 09:12 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,918,773 times

Advertisements

It's all good. The Dolphins will be better next year - Parcells will make sure they are! Besides, it's tough to be worse than 1-15. (j/k)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 09:24 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,893,205 times
Maybe I should get a topic off my chest.
The one and only thing I hate about my city is the lack of a skyline. Now I know what some people say....
"It's a nice skyline for a city this size."
What's that's supposed to mean? Fort Worth is big. Alot bigger than people think. So what's wrong with our current skyline, you may ask? Well, look at it. I mean, we only have 5 (soon to be 6) skyscrapers that are over 30 stories tall. That's it.
I'm a big fan of skylines, so what's wrong with adding at least 7 more skyscrapers? Or 8? Or maybe 12?

Look, all I'm sayin' is, Fort Worth needs 20 more skyscrapers to justify its skyline. And at least 15 of them have to be over 600 ft. tall.

I'm not getting too carried away here am I?

BTW.... Post #400!

Old 01-15-2008, 09:34 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,911,752 times
You're not getting carried away. That's what this thread is for..

BTW, I DO think that Parcells will straighten up that organization. He's already begun. I expect to hear that Sporono will be the new head coach within days.

Regarding Fort Worth's skyline. It always has been undersized to me as well. I don't exactly know why that is because Fort Worth is a very large city. I do hear a few more buildings will be going up there in the future.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:55 AM
JJG

Saddly, the new buildings will change the skyline, dramatically. The reason I say saddly, is because one of those buildings will be the new 2nd tallest in the city, while the others are 16 stories and down. Just a few years ago, downtown was set for a new 50 story XTO HQ where the now demolished Landmark Tower stood. And we would have had a 900ft.+ mixed use tower, which would have been one of the 10 tallest in Texas. Now those plans are just fantasy.

And here's how the skyline is projected to look once the Omni Hotel is complete:

"big" change

Speaking of change, I really hope the Jerry Jones won't do anything stupid in the offseason. And you don't know how much I hate talking about the offseason when there are still a few more games to be played.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:32 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Don't worry about it. Half of DFW is filled with "Out-of-Staters".
Yeah, Go Chargers!

Old 01-15-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
You're what?? Trying out?? And I thought you'd lived around here all along.

Sssshh!! If TexasReb finds out about this, he'll have a fit.
The minute I open my mouth, people immediately ask me "Where are you from?" They say I have an East Coast accent, but I don't hear it like that.

Who is TexasReb?

Old 01-15-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Yeah, Go Chargers!
I'm going to be a big Chargers fan this weekend. Someone please beat the freakin' Patriots!

Old 01-15-2008, 04:36 PM

About the skyline, does anyone have more details on the various construction projects occurring in downtown? I know the 1301 Throckmorton condos/hotel is being constructed across the FW Water Garden. But how about the construction occurring in Sundance Square (SS)? I can't seem to find info. on it. Also, I noticed last weekend that one of the 2 movie theaters in SS has closed.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:44 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
About the skyline, does anyone have more details on the various construction projects occurring in downtown? I know the 1301 Throckmorton condos/hotel is being constructed across the FW Water Garden. But how about the construction occurring in Sundance Square (SS)? I can't seem to find info. on it. Also, I noticed last weekend that one of the 2 movie theaters in SS has closed.
This should help.
Fort Worth Forum -> Projects and New Construction

Old 01-15-2008, 07:28 PM

52,685 posts, read 47,937,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Maybe I should get a topic off my chest.
The one and only thing I hate about my city is the lack of a skyline. Now I know what some people say....
"It's a nice skyline for a city this size."
What's that's supposed to mean? Fort Worth is big. Alot bigger than people think. So what's wrong with our current skyline, you may ask? Well, look at it. I mean, we only have 5 (soon to be 6) skyscrapers that are over 30 stories tall. That's it.
I'm a big fan of skylines, so what's wrong with adding at least 7 more skyscrapers? Or 8? Or maybe 12?

Look, all I'm sayin' is, Fort Worth needs 20 more skyscrapers to justify its skyline. And at least 15 of them have to be over 600 ft. tall.

I'm not getting too carried away here am I?

BTW.... Post #400!
20?? It's a little ambitious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth