Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 02:44 PM

13,704 posts, read 12,413,557 times

Advertisements

I wear a silicon wedding ring almost 24/7. I got a five pack of them on amazon. I wear the gold one from my wedding day on special occasions, mostly. It would become tight when I was hot and loose when I was cold and I got tired of banging it on things when working with power tools or working outside and being afraid of losing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2024, 03:07 PM

6,968 posts, read 4,809,652 times
I wear mine daily. Take them off (wedding band and engagement ring) when I go to bed.

Old 04-05-2024, 03:21 PM

15 posts, read 15,479 times
Married nearly 33 years, and much of the time these days I don’t wear it. My knuckle is now wider than my finger, so the setting is always flipping around anyway. It drives me nuts. The center diamond is always, at best, squished between fingers. Unless my hands are swollen, lol, and then I don’t like to wear it cause I don’t like it stuck on me. I’m just constantly doing things that I feel make it gross looking, like putting lotion on. I guess I’m not easy on my hands and my ring takes a beating when I wear it. In fact, at home it is almost always off. But, I usually take all my jewelry off when I get home these days. I try to remember it when I go out, but lots of times I don’t because I’m rushing out the door or I’ve taken it off in some random place. I think he wears his mostly all the time, lol, but I’ll have to pay attention to know for sure. Hehehe that’s embarrassing that I don’t know that.

Old 04-05-2024, 03:31 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrolman View Post
My wife died in December of 1976. We were married for only five months. I've never taken my ring off. Ever.

I'm sorry for your loss. I wish you had a lot more time together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Generally and habitually, the minute I walk in the door, I take all my hand jewelry off.
Where I come from, and lots of people I know here, are doing the same. Men and women.
Most of them also change street/work clothes to home clothes.

I guess this is more common than you think.

https://youlookfab.com/welookfab/top...-wedding-rings

https://www.wendybrandes.com/blog/20...sh-your-hands/

Speaking of outside or work clothing, I NEVER wear regular clothing at home. I change into lounging clothes immediately, including all jewelry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
I always took mine off when going out to the bars....It cut off my circulation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I bet it did. LOL!

Yep, that's what I thought too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I wear mine during the day, unless in the house for an extended period. I do take it off during any athletics. My wife and I played tennis during our Virgin Islands honeymoon in May 1991; I learned the hard way to take if off during tennis.

Yes, for tennis, I would too & the gym just to be safe, if I still went to the gym these days.

Old 04-05-2024, 03:39 PM

5,449 posts, read 4,043,852 times
I wear it all the time (no engagement ring). DH never had one. I found a similar gold band and I wear both of them together, to remind me of him. (widowed 9 years). I could probably get it off if I really had to, but it wouldn't be easy.

Old 04-05-2024, 03:41 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
I used to keep my wedding ring on all the time. Then, a few years back it got so loose that it would easily come off my finger. For example, I was putting clothes in the washing machine. I started up the machine only to realize that my ring had slipped off my finger. Oh such fun having to stop the machine and rummage through wet clothing---not! At that point I stopped wearing it because I feared it would slide off my finger when we went outside.

My husband says I should get another one. We tried and went to a chain jeweler who almost sold me one that would have given me an allergic reaction---yikes!

Old 04-05-2024, 04:46 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,282,508 times
I take my rings off for playing in the dirt and baking . I have several because my husband keeps buying them for me. I changed out the rings based on what I'm wearing. Someone told me they thought that was wrong, but my husband is good with it.

Old 04-05-2024, 05:36 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I used to keep my wedding ring on all the time. Then, a few years back it got so loose that it would easily come off my finger. For example, I was putting clothes in the washing machine. I started up the machine only to realize that my ring had slipped off my finger. Oh such fun having to stop the machine and rummage through wet clothing---not! At that point I stopped wearing it because I feared it would slide off my finger when we went outside.

My husband says I should get another one. We tried and went to a chain jeweler who almost sold me one that would have given me an allergic reaction---yikes!

So just trying on the prospective ring once in the store already gave you a reaction?

You don't want to get your current one resized? Mine needs to be, but I can get away w/ still wearing it on my ring finger w/o it actually falling off for the most part. But, sometimes, it feels looser than other times, so in that case, I'll wear it on my middle finger.

Old 04-05-2024, 05:45 PM

2,025 posts, read 3,345,213 times
Was going to make a post saying there are rings made of silicon or leather now that are more comfortable and safe for work and sports. Most people can find something to wear at their job unless it is not allowed.

Old 04-05-2024, 07:42 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,869,118 times
I wore mine all the time when I was married and after my husband died. When I started dating again a few years later, I took them off of course.

When my granddaughter was getting engaged, I asked her if she would like to incorporate the solitaire and smaller diamonds from the wedding band into her ring, as I would have liked to have it passed on and used. She and her fiance were DELIGHTED and had them reset into engagement and wedding rings of her choice. She was happy to have something from our happy marriage, as there wasn't a lot of happy marriages from the rest of her family (both sides).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty