Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 06:25 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,265,237 times

Advertisements

I ordered this one last week.

It's actually made in Ireland and that's important to me. I'm tempted to order some other styles!

I'm not a fan of cold weather but it's coming whether I like it or not. I wear sweaters a lot and keep the heat turned down to 65. My collection includes some wonderful cashmeres bought decades ago- the oldest in 1983 bought in London. I dread when those are no longer wearable- they were expensive and wonderfully thick and I will NOT buy Made in China.

In March I bought an alpaca poncho from the lady who wove it in Bolivia. Vermont Country Store has ponchos, too. We'll see!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 09:16 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Here in Florida we rarely have a need for a sweater. I have a couple of lightweight V-neck ones but during the middle of the day it almost always warms up into the 70's or 80's. I usually have a sweater or denim jacket in my car because the restaurants and stores around here are always kept so cold.

Old 09-27-2020, 09:32 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,401,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Yes, they're so nice & cozy! I wish my California weather was cooler 60-70% of the time, so I can wear them more often. Ideally, I wish the temps here were in the mid-60s - 70s about 70-80% of the time. This is coming from someone who's always liked the rain all my life!
It was 72 yesterday night and I had trouble keeping my shirt on. I only touch the sweater if it’s going to be below 50. Maybe the cold air coming in next week will make me wear a sweater. Let’s see.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:26 PM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,639,009 times
I love sweaters. The problem is that I don't have enough places to wear them, it tends to be too hot indoors. And if I'm outside hiking or walking the dog, I'm more likely to wear a fleece jacket than a sweater.

Old 09-27-2020, 04:50 PM

2,227 posts, read 1,401,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Where's all my sweater-lovers?! I absolutely LOVE them & can't wait to wear them, even though I live in California & it's mostly too hot for them. Haven't counted, but I probably have about 30-50.

What are your favorite styles & stores that carry your favorites? Post pics if you want.

I like dolman, puff, & balloon sleeves, turtlenecks, mock turtlenecks, boatneck, & cardigans that stop at the waist. I love the chunky style w/ big knit detail. I like certain cable-knit, Fair Isle styles, & sometimes V-neck.

I have them in every color (except probably brown & tan). I like quite a few styles from Free People, Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Macy's, Bloomingdale's, & some others. Every once in a while, I like the sweaters from Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters, COS, Zara, etc.

A few I have are these sweaters from Express & Free People:

Attachment 224046

Attachment 224047

Attachment 224048

I want these & some others:

https://www.express.com/clothing/wom...Pitch%20Black/

https://www.tobi.com/product/71946-t...olor_id=103141
Does my wintertime workout hoodie count as a “sweater” ?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FN1Kzn8FBJR2Qknm9
I wear it as a middle layer below my jacket, but above the base layer T shirt or tank.

Old 09-27-2020, 06:40 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
I never buy Target clothing, but I ordered this one in purple. Hope I like it:

https://www.target.com/p/women-39-s-...4873&jb=271747

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
I ordered this one last week.

It's actually made in Ireland and that's important to me. I'm tempted to order some other styles!

I'm not a fan of cold weather but it's coming whether I like it or not. I wear sweaters a lot and keep the heat turned down to 65. My collection includes some wonderful cashmeres bought decades ago- the oldest in 1983 bought in London. I dread when those are no longer wearable- they were expensive and wonderfully thick and I will NOT buy Made in China.

In March I bought an alpaca poncho from the lady who wove it in Bolivia. Vermont Country Store has ponchos, too. We'll see!

You know, I've bookmarked a couple of sites that sell t hose Irish sweaters because I like the look of some of those styles too. I still have yet to get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB4 View Post
I love sweaters. The problem is that I don't have enough places to wear them, it tends to be too hot indoors. And if I'm outside hiking or walking the dog, I'm more likely to wear a fleece jacket than a sweater.

True too & I don't get cold easily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
Does my wintertime workout hoodie count as a “sweater” ?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FN1Kzn8FBJR2Qknm9
I wear it as a middle layer below my jacket, but above the base layer T shirt or tank.

I'd personally consider that in the sweatshirt category.

Old 09-27-2020, 09:41 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,491,307 times
I bought a bunch of thrift store wool sweaters for the cost of one new cotton sweater. The turtleneck is the one I wore for days when my furnace broke.

Old 09-29-2020, 07:56 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
I haven't worn a sweater since I left the East Coast in 1988. Here in San Diego, I wear sweatshirts if it's chilly, and if it's really cold at night, and I have to be out, I have a down jacket. During the day, I'll just wear a long sleeved shirt. I haven't worked in an office for years, and have no reason dress up.

Old 09-30-2020, 03:20 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
I finally gave away the last of my cashmere sweaters.

It's too hot in South Florida.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:28 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
No sweaters for me and I am in NY. No matter how cold it is I still won't wear a sweater. I am always hot. I wear short sleeves all year long. I will wear a sweatshirt if I am cold or a fleece jacket
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty