Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Cycling
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2022, 11:29 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,966,979 times

Advertisements

leastprime, firstly, I'll say hopefully your Lectric 2.0 is good for a long time. We were in a Pedego store today just looking around & coincidentally, a pair of Lectric 2.0 bikes happened to be getting worked on by the mechanic right at the time. An employee said nice & loud that they are, "crap bikes". Now before you think, well of course he'll say that because he works for Pedego, he also said that the owner of these bikes has repeatedly brought them in & that all Lectric does is keep sending him replacement parts (to get them fixed). He also said the guy only got to ride them once.

ALSO, in looking around on various youtube videos, it has been said that they're just average bikes for the price. I mean yes, $999 for an e-bike is on the cheapest end compared to the price of most e-bikes.

BEFORE the 2.0 model came out, we almost wanted them, but didn't because they're kind of heavy in weight & didn't even have front suspension (as most e-bikes at least have that). Then, when the 2.0 came out, yes, we like that they have the new 3" tires & front suspension now, but it seems their range isn't hardly any farther than the Motiv lemons we have now, so we're not buying them just to ride just a bit farther OR heck, probably even the same range. I guess we'll have to spend a little more.

Now if they didn't have to be foldable (which we still need as of now), fiance' would want an Ariel Rider & I did want a Juiced, but NOW I want the new Cyrusher Kommoda that I just learned about. That's what we've been wanting to eventually upgrade to from having foldables. Ariel R., Juiced, & Cyrusher all seem to have great customer service too.

And just throwing this out there...Super73 looks cool, but it's crappy too & their customer service is horrendous from what I've seen from many various youtube vids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2022, 11:59 PM

13,062 posts, read 7,497,585 times
thanks.
I did look into Pedego store is on one of my walk routes. They are popular here in Redmond. I am a senior, and serious ebike touring is already behind me. Thus I passed.
Lots of manufacturers need weeding out.
Go with the one with a great warranty.

Old 02-21-2022, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
thanks.
I did look into Pedego store is on one of my walk routes. They are popular here in Redmond. I am a senior, and serious ebike touring is already behind me. Thus I passed.
Lots of manufacturers need weeding out.
Go with the one with a great warranty.

Thanks for the additional info. Then, Pedego is the best warranty I've ever seen for an e-bike...5 yrs I believe I saw as opposed to the usual 1. Now I did stumble upon this vid about an issue w/ the Pedego Element that you may want to see too. The Element is my favorite model too (if I didn't need foldable):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCJHMQCGj8Y

Now I know they have a foldable model called the Latch, but it's very high for what it is at either $2,795 OR $3,295 & it only has a 36v battery & states 20 mph top speed, which are what our lemon bikes have now, so we want more power if we're buying another pair.

Old 02-21-2022, 12:11 PM

The Element and Pedego Ebike stores are across the street from one another. When I was looking, last year, they were pretty much only taking orders. The same with Trek brand. My 60 year bike store (Trek) in Oregon, has been sold out of all bikes since April 2020.

The hesitation-skipping in the above Yo-utube is what I call 'latency'. I experience this in the Lectric (step-thru, 48V, 500W, 68#, 22" wheel, 3"tires, and step-thru. I also have experienced this on son's hybrid style, light weight, Propella ebike. I think there is a relationship between the pedaling stroke, the sensitivity of the pickups, the power applied by the motors, and software. The 'latency' is less noticeable on DS's Propella (hybrid style bike, 36V, 350watts, 38#, 700cm wheels, 30cm tires), which may be related to the sitting posture and the pedal stroke. Note: you will need to confirm the stated numbers.
I haven't had much ride time on either bike. On my bike just over 120miles. It's still cold here, 40F, damp, freezing temp, and may get a little snow tonight.
Keep, making test rides.
YBMV

Last edited by leastprime; 02-21-2022 at 12:31 PM..

Old 02-21-2022, 05:25 PM

For now since we still need folding, we'll probably get this brand called Engwe. It's got the closest to all what we want for a good price for 2...kind of cheap, yes. but they've got to be better than the lemons we have now AND there's quite a lot of good reivews on YouTube. Plus, we're not trying to pay too much after spending $3K on these lemons we have.

BTW, Update from the bike shop on our lemons:

There's a problem w/ the PCM module (the computer for the battery) & they'll have to send it in to the Motiv co. to either be fixed or replace. This will take a few days for them to get back to us about how things are going.

Old 02-21-2022, 05:52 PM

^ Looks like a Heybike.
How much does the Engwe, weigh? It does have good sized battery and motor.
What is the warranty?
Good luck

Old 02-25-2022, 09:33 AM

FORGET Engwe! We're NOT getting those. I looked up bad reviews & we don't want more headaches like we had the last 12 mos w/ our current bikes. We know they're cheap & just wanted to get some cheap, yet better bikes since we alreayd spent $3K on the others, but no way!

I just found out about the new Sinch, step-through, foldable Aventon. I like it, so we'll see.

Old 02-26-2022, 01:17 PM

OP,
I'M on a FB, ebike,users group. Helpfu.l Sometimes, a local will let you text drive their bike.
YeBmv

Old 02-27-2022, 12:30 PM

leastprime, thanks. Yes, I've read of people going to bike owners who are nice enough to allow them to test ride their bikes. Fiance' & I aren't the types of people who'd ever do that in a million yrs. We just wouldn't go to some stranger to trest ride their bike.

In the meantime, we're still researching. I think I want the Rad Power Mini Step-Thru 2 (Foldable) & my fiance's still thinking about the Rad Power Mini 4 Folding Fat Tire, but I hope he gets it because we can get a better deal when we buy 2 from the same place. They have pretty much ALL the specs we're looking for & made in the USA. They also make house calls to you if you need service/repairs. Their nearest Rad Power bike shop is 2 hrs away, but I'd go to test ride & buy. (It's a city we drive to every several mos or so for fun.)

Finance' still likes the Fiido M1 Pro more. I'd like it too if the handlebars were adjustable. What kind of e-bike doesn'ts have adjustable handlebars?

Do you OR anyone have any bad comments about these brands?

Old 02-27-2022, 09:28 PM

Good luck.
Never made it to Ballard to see Rad Bikes.
Cataract surgery tomorrow. No riding for a few weeks.
YMMV

Last edited by leastprime; 02-27-2022 at 10:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Cycling