Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2024, 02:26 PM

35,081 posts, read 57,196,566 times

Advertisements

I’m starting a separate thread for this because I can see there will be a lot of debate on this. So what is Connecticut’s most coveted address?

According to this, surprisingly it’s NOT in Greenwich. It’s not in Darien, New Canaan or Westport. It’s not even in our beloved Fairfield.

It’s in Nod Hill Road in Wilton!

What do you think? Do you agree? If not, where do you think it should be?

Personally I love Southport. I find it incredibly charming and choked full of beautiful historic homes and buildings. Its waterfront estates and the ones across Southport Harbor on Sasco Hill are just incredible with stunning views. I certainly would rather live anywhere here than Wilton.

Nearby Westport’s Greens Farms is equally stunning with grand waterfront estates that has been home to well known people like Marlo Thomas and Phil Donahue, H.C. Richardson (of Richardson Vicks fame) and JC Penney.

Greenwich, of course, has no shortage of coveted neighborhood. From Back Country’s unbelievable Conyer’s Farm and Round Hill to coastal colonies like Belle Haven, Field Point and Indian Field, it’s hard to believe that anyone would want anywhere else.

And let’s not forget our two wealthiest towns Darien and New Canaan. They have many beautiful, desirable neighborhoods to desire. Which are your favorites?

https://patch.com/connecticut/wilton...on-survey-says
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2024, 02:36 PM

21,875 posts, read 28,253,042 times
Seems like silly clickbait.

You survey 3000 people for the whole country, you're going to get very random addresses (what does it even mean, that 2 people said the same road?). There's over a million roads in the US. So no, definitely don't agree.

Nod Hill is nice, but there's so many more exceptional ones out there. And certainly not all in FFC. Although there's plenty in FFC, but I'd say mostly in Greenwich, Rowayton, New Canaan, Darien, Wesport, and Fairfield.

I'm thinking places like Fenwick in Old Saybrook, Middle Beach Road in Madison, Stonington Borough, Kirby Rd in Washington, etc. etc.

There's tons of desirable spots, which makes this article seem even more like silly clickbait.

Old 05-17-2024, 02:49 PM

7,085 posts, read 3,843,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I'm already in it JayCT.
Tokeneke, then lower Gregory East Norwalk for me.
The old money world mansion neighborhoods and hobnobbing with Kate Hepburn and the Rothchilds aren't my cup of tea, even if I won Powerball, you can have them though, too big and too much maintenance. I'd have to hire someone to hire people.

(Lol, you guys live for this). Hey Stylo, it's ok to say "Norwalk" instead of Rowayton all the time. It rolls right off the tongue, give it a shot. If I could do it you could too.

Old 05-17-2024, 02:54 PM

791 posts, read 829,105 times
Conyers Farm or Field Point

Old 05-17-2024, 02:54 PM

11,333 posts, read 18,959,897 times
How about Shore Road just before Greenwich Point Park? Beautiful.....

Old 05-17-2024, 03:28 PM

1,344 posts, read 2,641,979 times
My personal taste would be an island. Requirements would be (1) all buildings at elevation 20+ ft. (hard to find) and (2) eastern LIS. Looking at Stonington, maybe Dodge's Island or Mason Point. Hard to tell the elevation though. If I recall correctly, Enders Island has a decent elevation, but it's not eligible, being a Catholic retreat center.

Old 05-17-2024, 04:50 PM

21,875 posts, read 28,253,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post

(Lol, you guys live for this). Hey Stylo, it's ok to say "Norwalk" instead of Rowayton all the time. It rolls right off the tongue, give it a shot. If I could do it you could too.
I like Norwalk and Marvin Beach and Cranbury are swell, but Rowayton is the only area that I would say is "most coveted" worthy.

Old 05-17-2024, 05:37 PM

15,665 posts, read 10,443,398 times
Quote:
So what is Connecticut’s most coveted address?
Field Point Circle in Greenwich.

Old 05-17-2024, 05:41 PM

35,081 posts, read 57,196,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post
My personal taste would be an island. Requirements would be (1) all buildings at elevation 20+ ft. (hard to find) and (2) eastern LIS. Looking at Stonington, maybe Dodge's Island or Mason Point. Hard to tell the elevation though. If I recall correctly, Enders Island has a decent elevation, but it's not eligible, being a Catholic retreat center.
Oh… what about the Thimble Islands in Branford. Doonesbury cartoonist Garry Trudeau and CBS News Sunday Morning anchor and journalist Jane Pauly live on one of them. Karen Pritzker, heir to the Hyatt Hotel fortune and one of the richest people in the state lives on another. If it’s good enough for them, it would be good enough for me.

Old 05-17-2024, 05:48 PM

1,344 posts, read 2,641,979 times
Quote:
Oh… what about the Thimble Islands in Branford. Doonesbury cartoonist Garry Trudeau and CBS News Sunday Morning anchor and journalist Jane Pauly live on one of them. Karen Pritzker, heir to the Hyatt Hotel fortune and one of the richest people in the state lives on another. If it’s good enough for them, it would be good enough for me.
I originally had that on my list (a close #2), but I would want to be closer to the Atlantic end of LIS. Just more "oceanic," I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut