Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2024, 08:53 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times

Advertisements

My mouse has become very sensitive. I don't have to click anything. Everywhere it goes on screen it highlights things or opens links and programs just by moving the cursor over it. I know that can be a selection in the Mouse device section but I never selected that. This weirdness has happened on and off a few times in the past months.

Coincidentally, today my internet service went out twice over the day, then came back on. Affected my cable phone, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2024, 07:30 PM

7,253 posts, read 3,776,807 times
All I can offer is my own experience.

1. Long USB cables can be problematic for some devices.

2. I've had many mice go bad. In my experience, the behavior your describe is almost always the fault of bad hardware in the mouse. It's just warn out and needs to be replaced. Nowadays, I'm lucky to get two years from a mouse.

Old 03-16-2024, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
2. I've had many mice go bad. In my experience, the behavior your describe is almost always the fault of bad hardware in the mouse. It's just warn out and needs to be replaced. Nowadays, I'm lucky to get two years from a mouse.
Thanks. I'll order a new one from Amazon

Old 04-02-2024, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Thanks. I'll order a new one from Amazon

I bought a Tecknet wireless mouse. Popped out the little wireless antenna, popped in the new one. Put batteries in the new Tecknet mouse. Nothing happened. Turned laptop on and off. Nothing.

Tried the old Logitech mouse and it worked again. Then it stopped working a few days ago.

Luckily I had saved another old Logitech mouse that was dying. Switched the antennas as above and am using the old mouse as I type this. But that one had acted out in the past which is why I had bought a new one.

Do I have to switch something in my Mouse settings? It currently says 'HID compliant mouse,' no brand.

So like the OP I have three mice but two are blind!

I'm sure it's a simple fix but I am a techphobe. I want to use my Tecknet one just because it's brand new.

I had a computer repair shop within walking distance of me but that guy closed his business, unfortunately.

PS: the touchpad on laptop doesn't work

Thank you in advance.

SHOULD I START A NEW THREAD SO THIS SIMPLE REQUEST DOESN'T GET IGNORED?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers