Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 07:43 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times

Advertisements

Scored a two-fer last night...

Culpeper's Louisiana Kitchen (CLK) and Nocon's Gelatoria (NG).

Both are next to each other in the Albertson's shopping center at Research and Union, near the Fitness place.

Great food at CLK. We had fried oysters, crabcakes, mint juleps, and a corn dish that is pronounced 'mock shoe' Everything was great. Full menu of po' boys, gumbo's, jambalaya's, and soups. Not a chain. Real people. Has both indoor and outdoor seating. Healthy selection of beer, wine and drinks. The place was really busy last night, and they just opened this week.

The gelato at NG's was amazing, only has 4-8% fat. Awesome flavor. His sorbet has 1% fat, less than yogurt, and made with tons of fresh fruits. He always has about 8 flavors of sorbet, which is milk-free and safe for those who are lactose intolerant. Not a chain, a local guy, USAF retired. Said to be the only authentic Italian gelatoria in town. Family operation, closed Monday's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 12:09 AM

673 posts, read 4,068,684 times
Ive always spent alot of the time when I back in Colorado Springs on Tejon Street so am not familiar with the dining establishments everywhere around there.

I do like that Chinese Buffet place though at Vickers and Academy very, very good extensive selection of food.

I miss the Chinese restaurants in Colorado Springs, such good good food compared to alot of other cities Chinse buffet's.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:09 PM

60 posts, read 315,442 times
Default Thanks Mike!!

I live near Culpeper's and know exactly its location, I will give it a try on your recommendation.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:44 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,913,962 times
Hye Mike, have you tried the greek grill up in that shopping center?

I was up there the other day and had food from a not-to-be-mentioned fast food place and didn't have time to stop in and see what it was about.

I love good greek food. Do you recall the name of it?

Old 05-09-2007, 09:51 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COflower View Post
Hye Mike, have you tried the greek grill up in that shopping center? I was up there the other day and had food from a not-to-be-mentioned fast food place and didn't have time to stop in and see what it was about. I love good greek food. Do you recall the name of it?
I've seen it, but generally have little interest. There is a new building going in there, looks like an eatery. We'll see!

Old 05-09-2007, 08:17 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,920,312 times
I'll add Famous Dave's Barbque. It's next to the KFC on 83 just up from Academy.
Also Molica's(sp?) on Garden of the Gods, for great sandwiches.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:16 PM

46 posts, read 155,150 times
This comes from someone who has lived in NYC for 8 years.

ADAM'S MOUNTAIN CAFE.

Make a reservation especially on the weekend. One of the best places I have ever dined. It is also healthy. Breakfast, Luch, Dinner. They just moved to a larger place. They are on Manitou Rd. Main road in Manitou Springs. That is the building. Some constraction is going on, but well worth it.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:09 PM

119 posts, read 705,686 times
Has anyone ever gone to Asian Garden in Monument? Awesome asian/chinese/japanese food. One of my favorite chinese restaurants so far.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:00 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Default Finally, Thai and Korean near Monument

There's a new Thai\Korean\Asian place in the Gleneagle area that I was made aware of. It is called Tao or Taos or something like that. It is so new that there is nothing on them on the internet yet. They are still waiting for their beer and wine license (at least they were about two weeks ago).

Take Struthers north from Northgate and make a right on Gleneagle. It's on the left a couple hundred yards. It's in the same mini mall as Barracuda Bobs and The Place so if you can find them you will find this place.

I had a Thai red curry chicken and a big bucket of Kim Chi. My wife had the Pad Thai. The Kim Chi was in a huge container and it was only $4 or so. (We took out.)

We will go there again.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:04 PM

553 posts, read 1,635,443 times
NOSH downtown is terrific. It's run by the same ownership/management team as the Blue Star. Almost a tapas bar.....small portions priced so you can have several. They even have short 3 oz. pours of wine.

Appreciate the intel on Culpepper's. I'm usually a little hesitant when a new place starts up. But they caught my eye when I saw they were putting it in. I'll have to give it a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs