Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 12:23 PM

306 posts, read 328,830 times

Advertisements

I find if you are along the coast in Florida there is usually a sea breeze, which makes the summer heat more tolerable, whereas inland here in Georgia you get the heat, humidity and no breeze off any ocean, so its tough although being a native guess I'm use to it to some extent! I would take Northeast Florida as I have family there and the winters are mild so you still have a little bit cooler weather, but not cold other than a few days, and then summertime seems just like here in Georgia except there is an awesome breeze by the beach and you get a little bit better tan!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2024, 09:23 AM

425 posts, read 89,012 times
In summer I’ll give it to FL or NC, not too bad, but GA and SC are terrible! In winter probably SC.

Old 02-18-2024, 05:57 PM

1,376 posts, read 932,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtropical-is-temperate3 View Post
In summer I’ll give it to FL or NC, not too bad, but GA and SC are terrible! In winter probably SC.
What? You mean FL is horrible in the summer. The humidity is crazy. This is the average temps for Atlanta annually:

It's almost ideal. Not too crazy in the summer and pretty mild winters.

Atlanta can get humid, but it's bearable compared to Miami and most parts of Florida. Although there's a lot of variation in Georgia's weather. The north georgia mountains will get a lot of snow every year while the rest of the state won't. The area around Savannah is similar to the weather in north Florida.

Old 02-18-2024, 10:36 PM

3,467 posts, read 3,388,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtropical-is-temperate3 View Post
You'd seriously would vote for Florida or North Carolina weather, over Georgia and South Carolina weather? That doesn't make sense to me, and I'm confused if you prefer hotter or colder weather.

To me, I personally like Georgia's weather out of these 4 to me, the most. But to each their own. Florida to me gets a little too hot in summer of these 4, but I'd be fine with either Georgia or South Carolina, and a honorable mention to Florida since I like how mild it's winters are, cold snaps aside. North Carolina gets too cold IMO, in the winter.

Old 02-19-2024, 07:47 AM

6,568 posts, read 12,070,061 times
Out of these four NC overall, at least in the central Piedmont part. You have four seasons that are well balanced, and have more chance to see snow in the winter, especially in the mountains. GA can get really cold in winter but almost never snows, so its just an eyesore in winter. Summers aren't too bad though at least in the northern part. Coastal SC and Southern GA might be too hot/humid most of the year, and even more in Florida. Northern Florida has somewhat of a "winter", but then what are you going do since more for summer/hot weather activities.

Old 02-19-2024, 08:28 AM

579 posts, read 433,973 times
I was looking into this during the cold snap we had last month. NC looked very mild in comparison to the Midwest. lol My ideal would be someplace that avoided the worst of winter (below zero, regular snow/ice) but was as far away as possible from the prolonged humid summer, so NC (or maybe even VA) would be it. I haven't been there though. I lived in FL (Tampa area) for about a year, and that wasn't for me. Even Jax looked considerably better to me at the time. I visited and drove through Atlanta a few times, and I wouldn't live there either. I think I'd want to live in relative proximity of a major city, so some of the smaller - and better weather - mountain places would be out of the running.

Old 02-19-2024, 08:34 AM

232 posts, read 190,438 times
NC is almost ideal for someone like me coming from NE

Old 04-25-2024, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
You'd seriously would vote for Florida or North Carolina weather, over Georgia and South Carolina weather? That doesn't make sense to me, and I'm confused if you prefer hotter or colder weather.

To me, I personally like Georgia's weather out of these 4 to me, the most. But to each their own. Florida to me gets a little too hot in summer of these 4, but I'd be fine with either Georgia or South Carolina, and a honorable mention to Florida since I like how mild it's winters are, cold snaps aside. North Carolina gets too cold IMO, in the winter.
FL coastal area doesn’t get extreme heat, NC has more mountains preventing also high heat, GA and SC are terrible with very high temperatures inland areas. Humidity is similar in the 4 states in summer actually.

Old 04-25-2024, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenardL View Post
What? You mean FL is horrible in the summer. The humidity is crazy. This is the average temps for Atlanta annually:

It's almost ideal. Not too crazy in the summer and pretty mild winters.

Atlanta can get humid, but it's bearable compared to Miami and most parts of Florida. Although there's a lot of variation in Georgia's weather. The north georgia mountains will get a lot of snow every year while the rest of the state won't. The area around Savannah is similar to the weather in north Florida.
Atlanta can get humid? Atlanta is humid! Humidity of Atlanta is similar to FL.

Old 04-25-2024, 08:34 PM

GA has the hottest of all. Just consider Albany GA, getting 100°F more frequently in summer than the other 3 states! The humidity there is like FL’s with higher temperatures. FL barely gets 100°F, and when it’s 90°F outside it is usually 66% not 90% like some ridiculous people say. 90°F with 90% humidity is a heat index of 122°F, in FL the heat index and feels like is usually 103°F indicating 66%, in Atlanta is is usually the same 90°F and same humidity easily. In Albany one day has 103°F with heat index 122°F easily, while FL struggles for 100°F and heat index above 115°F.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City