Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2024, 06:35 PM

28,152 posts, read 30,145,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It's about an attitude of humility like a child. It's not about innocence - if that's what you are getting at.
I believe both to be true. A child is innocent and humble until it starts to take on the ways of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2024, 06:50 PM

209 posts, read 72,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
I think your partly right about the lake of fire but why would the body need the lake of fire?
See this thread...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chri...onception.html

Old 05-13-2024, 06:54 PM

45,874 posts, read 27,514,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I believe both to be true. A child is innocent and humble until it starts to take on the ways of the world.
Innocent to you - and innocent to God - are two different things.

I think you mistake an infant’s inability to sin as innocence. God knows better than both of us. Sin nature is in all of us.

Old 05-13-2024, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find besides body, soul and spirit also the ' breath of life ' as found at Genesis 2:7
God first created a Soul (Genome) from the 'dust' (organic compounds) of the ground.

God then breathed Spirit into the Genome to quicken it and make it come alive.

Thus, we have Soul (Genome) + Sprit (Electromagnetism) = a 'Living Soul'.

Adam and the Woman were 'naked' because they were not clothed with a Tabernacle Body yet.

The Body came later when God 'clothed' them with the 'skins' we have now.

Last edited by Base12; 05-13-2024 at 07:06 PM..

Old 05-13-2024, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So if you are converted but you aren't humble...
And what spiritual entity needs to be humble. Spirit or soul?
It is the Soul (Genome) that fights against the Spirit. Thus, it is the Soul that needs to be humbled (tamed) via Spirit.

The Genome creates the flesh (Body) that the Spirit is sometimes contrary to...

Galatians 5:17 (New International Version)
"For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want."

The 'New Name' in Revelation is a new Genome to update the Soul Nucleobases to fix the issue.

This is why Soul is sometimes defined as 'psyche'. We are at the mercy of animal (carnal) Genes. Our Spirit must overcome the carnal in the Soul.

Those that cannot overcome their animalistic DNA 'programming' will be thrown into the Lake of Fire.

It is basically Eugenics. That is what Salvation is. God Eugenics. It is hard core.

Bad Genes are 'deleted'. It is what it is.

Old 05-13-2024, 07:56 PM

64,112 posts, read 40,415,165 times
Quote:
Innocent to you - and innocent to God - are two different things.

I think you mistake an infant’s inability to sin as innocence. God knows better than both of us. Sin nature is in all of us.
Oh give me a break! What is in all of us at birth is total ignorance combined with an indiscriminate and self-centered animal nature and instincts. It is exacerbated by the fact that our Spirit is a mere "Seed" at birth that must germinate, develop, learn, and mature to discriminate for our fully functional animal nature. That is NOT "Sin." It is indiscriminate ignorance.

Eden describes our first and most essential lesson - the distinction between Good and Evil - NOT our original "Sin." Our entire life is a series of lessons designed to mature our Spirit and eliminate its ignorance ("Sins"). Our ignorance ("Sins") killed Jesus, NOT God's need to be appeased. Jesus said, "Father forgive them they know not what they do." That is forgiveness for our ignorance ("sins") NOT atonement.

Old 05-14-2024, 04:13 AM

9,942 posts, read 1,316,119 times
Quote:
The underlined above is not true. Spiritual death is from Adam and is passed down to every single human being.
Psalm 58:3 - The wicked are estranged from the womb; These who speak lies go astray from birth.
Ephesians 2:1-3 - And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, 2 in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. 3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.
Genesis 8:21 - The Lord smelled the soothing aroma; and the Lord said to Himself, “I will never again curse the ground on account of man, for the intent of man’s heart is evil from his youth; and I will never again destroy every living thing, as I have done.
Did the heart in the youth change, or did it just mature to the point that sin could be acted out?

Who teaches the toddler to lie? No one. Sin is inbred in all of us from Adam This is why you have verses like this.
Romans 5:12 - Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned
It doesn't say everyone except infants. It says ALL.

Also this...
Romans 5:14 - Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam
This would include infants.

Genesis 18:25 - Far be it from You to do such a thing, to slay the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous and the wicked are treated alike. Far be it from You! Shall not the Judge of all the earth deal justly?”
This was Abraham's statement to the Lord before Sodom & Gomorrah were wiped out. Do you think infants were included in that destruction? Most likely they were. If they were righteous, then God would be unjust.
I disagree with you, but I’m not going to discuss my reasons here. The only reason I brought it up was to respond to what Michael wrote. Apparently, he and I were taught your view, but now believe differently. This thread is about how we distinguish the soul from the spirit. We need to stick to that topic and not derail the thread, but I’d be happy to join in a discussion about whether sin is passed down or not in another thread.

Old 05-14-2024, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Base12 View Post
Scripture teaches that we are Tripartite Beings:
  • Body
  • Soul
  • Spirit
The Body is the easiest one to understand. We all have a body.

The Soul is where just about everyone gets it wrong. The Soul is simply the Genome of any living organism.

The Soul is measurable, quantifiable and best of all, easy to explain and understand.

The Spirit is what we call Electromagnetism.

I have researched this topic for many years and have made websites and movies about it.

This is my latest presentation that answers your question in great detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G6xAt0OU_M

Note that this is a book in audio/graphical format, so it is over three hours long.

It is not meant for entertainment. It is for serious Bible students.
I watched part of the video. I thought it was interesting, but was turned off when it started talking about the “rapture.” I do not subscribe to premillennialists teachings. I don’t want to derail the thread, so I’ll stop there. However, if you want to discuss the rapture and premillennialism, then please start a thread on that topic. I’d be happy to participate.

Last edited by MissKate12; 05-14-2024 at 04:36 AM..

Old 05-14-2024, 12:15 PM

8,867 posts, read 4,001,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
How do you distinguish between soul and spirit?
By definition, the soul is emotional or intellectual energy (as a result of brain functioning). I equate spirit, if one is going to use the term (which I do not relative to its supernatural or religious connotation), to consciousness or the applicability of such sans any capability to separate from the body at death.

Old 05-14-2024, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
By definition, the soul is emotional or intellectual energy (as a result of brain functioning). I equate spirit, if one is going to use the term (which I do not relative to its supernatural or religious connotation), to consciousness or the applicability of such sans any capability to separate from the body at death.
Thanks for your response. The term “spirit” is used 500 times in the Bible. This is why I asked the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity