Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2024, 01:57 PM

28,152 posts, read 30,145,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I’m a spiritual Christian, not a religious Christian for 50+ years now.
I believe we are eternal souls/spirits that are having an experience being human in order to grow and mature spiritually. Then we go back HOME with God.

I’ve been studying the credible NDEs for about ten years now. I believe they are a gift being given to us now in this modern highly secular world.
Since it has recently become such a phenomenon , there is unfortunately a lot of phony profiteering and made up stories happening.

But The NDEs with verified OBEs — majority come back saying they were in spirit form and KNEW they were back HOME -and many experience the LOVE and amazing light of God—but are then sent back here to accomplish and grow spiritually.

By verified OBEs I mean those that saw and heard the conversations and actions and visual details from outside their bodies which the details were later verified by the doctors, nurses, staff or relatives.
By verified NDEs I mean the ones with medical evidence and records showing they were actually dead.
I'm so glad to find one person who agrees with me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2024, 02:16 PM

12,103 posts, read 6,639,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I think that too… with the OP I am only questioning the idea that we were individually adult spirit beings in a pre-mortal existence

I think it fits together more that there is progress in both realms/dimensions

I see it more that as we as humanity advance from immaturity to maturity, that is also true in the spiritual realms and dimensions and the 2 are linked or mirrored

I find it hard to explain my ideas as they are not set in concrete so to speak
Your explanation is fine and understood !
We are all treading in a spiritually complex area with no definite answers, but some pretty clear pointers!

….

Old 04-06-2024, 02:32 PM

7,345 posts, read 6,976,422 times
Scriptures warned of a deception that if were possible could deceive the very elect.
A lot of NEW stuff is showing up with weird explanations for things the scriptures did not say.
I have this to say in the matter.
Adam broke his relationship with God choosing the academics of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, over trusting God for His tutelage.
Sin is the absence of God's influence, or the disregard of God's influence.
Jesus came to fulfill the requirements of a debt man is incapable of rendering on his own.
The Jews could not do it in the keeping of the law delivered to them through Moses guidance from God nor did they try to maintain any kind of relationship toward having God's influence in their daily lives with strict out laws laid out.
The opportunity for salvation then was opened up to all man.
Because of a promise to Abraham Israel has God's favor, but judgments still stand so long as rebellion exists in them, as with any man.
Jesus provides the Holy Spirit to teach those under Jesus Lordship, they without Jesus Lordship have academics, not a relationship. their observances are under supposition, not relationship.
Reliance on academics is a deception men confuse with religion as believing in God, but devils believe in God and know more about God than any man and have no relationship, but judgment resets on them.
I am not promoting any of the new so called discoveries of vintage written texts,
There are not even men in scriptures I regard higher than the words of Jesus, period.
More important than texts is the Holy Spirit Jesus alone provides. It is this relationship this person that identifies one to the Angels marked of Him, for the day of His harvest.
Jesus said, "Not every one that says to Me Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven......." Matthew 7;21,22,23,
Let that sink in.
Jesus reprimanded His disciples, "you call me Lord but you do not do the things I tell you"
How desperate are you to Know God's will in your life?
How desperate are you to be taught of God?
I have learned that I leave it up to God to show me those things I need to know, and trust that if there is something I need to know He will reveal it in due time.

Old 04-07-2024, 01:07 PM

16,762 posts, read 15,819,274 times
Thread reopened.

Approximately 20 posts were deleted. Hopefully, all of the troublesome posts are gone. Unfortunately, the posts quoting those posts were also removed. If you feel that a post you had made had worthwhile material beyond the response to the deleted post, ask me or MQ to retrieve the text for you. Tell us which post by saying something like "I think it was before what is now post #18."

Old 04-07-2024, 01:18 PM

11,973 posts, read 3,800,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Thread reopened.

Approximately 20 posts were deleted. Hopefully, all of the troublesome posts are gone. Unfortunately, the posts quoting those posts were also removed. If you feel that a post you had made had worthwhile material beyond the response to the deleted post, ask me or MQ to retrieve the text for you. Tell us which post by saying something like "I think it was before what is now post #18."
Thank you Mensa!

Old 04-07-2024, 01:33 PM

64,112 posts, read 40,415,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm so glad to find one person who agrees with me!
Now, now, Katz, you know you and I (and Rose) agree on many things - - just not everything.

Old 04-07-2024, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Now, now, Katz, you know you and I (and Rose) agree on many things - - just not everything.
And me!

I don’t like being left out, lol

Old 04-07-2024, 01:48 PM

64,112 posts, read 40,415,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Quote:
And me!

I don’t like being left out, lol
:

Old 04-07-2024, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Your explanation is fine and understood !
We are all treading in a spiritually complex area with no definite answers, but some pretty clear pointers!

….
Thank you, that’s a great way of putting it

Old 04-07-2024, 04:02 PM

28,152 posts, read 30,145,869 times
Quote:
Thank you Mensa!
Yes, thank you, Mensa!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity